General NHL Stuff

conundrumed

16 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

Here is the translation of the text you provided:

"The main goal of outdoor advertising is to attract the attention of potential buyers. With its help, it is possible to increase company recognition, boost sales, initiate word-of-mouth marketing, and expand the target audience. To achieve desired results, it is important to clearly define objectives, select suitable advertising mediums, plan the visual presentation of the message, and establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for measuring effectiveness.

Hotels are mentioned, and there is a reference to "allviveski" on the provided website.

The text mentions a "panel-bracket" and "roll-up" as advertising tools.

Package and point placement are mentioned, as well as shooting and placement of video footage, and the use of a scrolling ticker.

On the counter, advertising information is displayed, such as the brand name and logo, while product samples and brochures are placed on the countertop. Promoters stand nearby, inviting customers to evaluate the products. This way, people become familiar not only with the advertisement but also with the actual product."

Please note that the text contains references to specific websites that may provide more detailed information on the mentioned topics.

Love.

Спасибо

21 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Ed Belfour was still the funniest.  Tried to bribe the cop with $1-billion.

I am like 99% sure that NHLers bribe cops pretty regularly and with success.    Just, not with $1 billion lol.

Unfortunate about Gelchenyuk.  Tremendous talent that just sort of fell apart, one injury at a time.  Not that it's an excuse for his behaviour.

A little question about Toronto and its cap space issues. 
What if all teams wait until close to the deadline to be cap complayent, and then make low offers for players like Nylander for example. TOR would have to get rid of almost one or two players to be cap compliant when LTIR candidates return. that would be nasty 🙂
And for me something is still unclear. What if a player who was LTIR is now healthy and could play, but cannot be reactivated due to the salary cap. Is there a penalty for TOR if this is the case? 

On 7/28/2023 at 4:53 AM, Adrian_Flames_Fan said:

A little question about Toronto and its cap space issues. 
What if all teams wait until close to the deadline to be cap complayent, and then make low offers for players like Nylander for example. TOR would have to get rid of almost one or two players to be cap compliant when LTIR candidates return. that would be nasty 🙂
And for me something is still unclear. What if a player who was LTIR is now healthy and could play, but cannot be reactivated due to the salary cap. Is there a penalty for TOR if this is the case? 

I doubt it's a concern. The league seems quite suspicious in policing LTIR for cap compliance. It would appear that it gets taken advantage of.

On 7/29/2023 at 12:15 AM, zima said:

What's going to happen when we lose all our players in the next few yrs no player wants to be here. By the time we put up new new arena our top quality players will be long gone then what?

That's not true. Do you think players would prefer to not play in the NHL rather than Calgary, or would take significantly less not to play here? I know it has the appearance of bad PR, but honestly we're just cutting away the rot. There will be new players that are significant NHLers.

Don't parrot the, "no one likes Calgary" thing, it's bs. Players aren't leaving then saying Calgary's a hellhole, nor is Calgary a hellhole.

The media does that headline/storyline for clicks. Unfortunately for fans, a lot of Calgary's media and bloggers are 2nd rate hacks or miserable pricks recording after a bender (After Bender is a prime example). All they want to do is create controversy for clicks and their egos. It would be helpful if fans didn't play along, then the "journalism" would have to improve.

If I cared enough, I would watch every After Burner(Bender), start a thread and take them apart episode by episode. It's nothing more than a BTC-fest.

Just watch the Oesterle signing episode. "Ooster, Oster, Oyster what's this guys name"?

Nice way to treat an undrafted vet that's been a solid 6-7 dman for years. And is way ahead of Warrener in career ppg. We signed a 6-7 dman at league min, like every team does. But the avg fan listens to these idiots, it's a zero signing. @travel_dude@cross16@sak22@Heartbreaker should start a blog to counter these 3 pissy moaners. I'll host if needed.lol I can find guests!

1 show/week, take call-ins. Every 4th show we call "after-bender" where we can piss and moan mockingly. 

I spent all of yesterday around pro scouts and player parents in Plymouth at the US Summer Showcase. The only people Satoshi Nakamototing on the Flames is their media-driven fanbase and Edmonton. So I'm in a good mood.lol

There is 1 particular UFA undrafted Finn garnering attention, Tommi Mannisto. He's committed to MSU. Everyone is now wondering why this fireball LS RWer went undrafted. My 1st thought was MSU is a Wings breeding ground so had to ask, "do the Wings have their claws into him"? The best answer I got was, "more than likely".lol He popped a goal and a 2nd with the EN but wreaked havoc all game. This kid is a handful of aggressive speed. Hoping to get 2 more trips in (it's only an hour away) but that's work dependent.

edit

I meant Barn Bender...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 10:15 PM, zima said:

What's going to happen when we lose all our players in the next few yrs no player wants to be here. By the time we put up new new arena our top quality players will be long gone then what?

Well based on the rules, the Flames own players rights until 27 or 7-years of service, whichever comes first.  Also, the stats show the median peak age for NHLers is 27.  It may not be as bad a thing for them to leave us as you paint it to be.   Most important thing is to get back young assets with RFA control instead of losing these players to UFA for nothing.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

https://x.com/bluejacketsnhl/status/1701663560143610236?s=46&t=vx_PcoBYl_X4M1EgH5nQdg

It’s a circus in Columbus.

JG picked a good spot to waste the remainder of his career.

Seems like Bissonette's grinding an axe. Both Babcock and Jenner basically responded, "wth? That is waaay out of context."

They both said it was a first meeting and they shared family pics. Nothing unusual. They air-dropped the photos onto the board. Again, not unusual.

Bissonette's take is basically that Babcock demanded his phone and took ALL of his personal photos. It doesn't jibe. Jenner isn't a small man. You're not "making him" do anything, coach or otherwise.

I feel for guys like Babcock and Peters. They can regret, apologize, self-reflect, feel shame, change, try to pick up the pieces...

Yet there will still be a large group of people that will ignore any of of that. They've got forks and knives and they want to eat something. The social justice mob, ironically, can't wrap their heads around the perpetrator/victim thing. Yet want to tell everyone that they are the bastions of morality. Irony at it's finest.

Peters used racial slurs 30 years ago. I'm positive that he was the only one. He is an absolute garbage human until the day he dies. He derailed what would have been a Gretzky-esque career because the victim could never recover from such hurtful words. He originated calling rap music n%$#$% music. He must have. No one had ever heard that before he said it./s

14 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Seems like Bissonette's grinding an axe. Both Babcock and Jenner basically responded, "wth? That is waaay out of context."

They both said it was a first meeting and they shared family pics. Nothing unusual. They air-dropped the photos onto the board. Again, not unusual.

Bissonette's take is basically that Babcock demanded his phone and took ALL of his personal photos. It doesn't jibe. Jenner isn't a small man. You're not "making him" do anything, coach or otherwise.

I feel for guys like Babcock and Peters. They can regret, apologize, self-reflect, feel shame, change, try to pick up the pieces...

Yet there will still be a large group of people that will ignore any of of that. They've got forks and knives and they want to eat something. The social justice mob, ironically, can't wrap their heads around the perpetrator/victim thing. Yet want to tell everyone that they are the bastions of morality. Irony at it's finest.

Peters used racial slurs 30 years ago. I'm positive that he was the only one. He is an absolute garbage human until the day he dies. He derailed what would have been a Gretzky-esque career because the victim could never recover from such hurtful words. He originated calling rap music n%$#$% music. He must have. No one had ever heard that before he said it./s

Come-on! That's ridiculous! I am sorry, but that's not taking into account the way the rest of the team would react and treat the player afterwards. I appreciate many things you say, but this is pure BS. Gretzy-esque career is a bit of shot, and quite low-blow.  Nobody ever said that. But do you not know what it is like to have that barrier, especially as a young person? Sure some can get passed stuff like that, but not everyone is made the same... 

I get it, he deserves a second chance. I agree with that. But he only apologized a week before he was going to be announced as the next head coach on a junior team. He's had how many years to do so? It's obvious optics. 

6 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

It's possible that Babcock meant to use it as a team-building exercise, but it's just weird.

A 60yr old wanting to essentially snoop at the photos of a early 20's kid is just really odd.

But Jenner is 30 and of the leaders on the team. Both have stated that Bisonette really twisted it.

So we're left with believing Bisonnette or the 2 guys that were actually in the room?

Again, it's being portrayed that Babcock demanded. Both parties said that wasn't the case at all.

Go back and watch Spittin' Chiclets early episodes. They epitomize the toxicity in their storytelling but no one seems to care.

8 hours ago, robrob74 said:

Come-on! That's ridiculous! I am sorry, but that's not taking into account the way the rest of the team would react and treat the player afterwards. I appreciate many things you say, but this is pure BS. Gretzy-esque career is a bit of shot, and quite low-blow.  Nobody ever said that. But do you not know what it is like to have that barrier, especially as a young person? Sure some can get passed stuff like that, but not everyone is made the same... 

I get it, he deserves a second chance. I agree with that. But he only apologized a week before he was going to be announced as the next head coach on a junior team. He's had how many years to do so? It's obvious optics. 

So give me all of the details about how Peters directly impacted a player's career by frustratingly having a racial episode about turning down loud music? There are obviously details that I'm not aware of.

I played both hockey and basketball into the late '80's, so I'm well aware of all of the racial insults hurled.

In general, it was mainly London teams. We had natives, blacks and east indians on various rosters. They didn't. One London school's coach and our coach were suspended in Sr Bball because our coach went right after him after their coach went full racial tirade on one of our players. Shows precisely where the players get it from.

To this day, why were both suspended equally?

Aliu was with the Flames pre-Peters Flames. Was our org too racist to have him on the big club, or was he not good enough? He implies that he never had a chance due to racism. I'm just saying that he can't imply that is the sole reason. I'm in no way saying that hurdle didn't exist, nor am I defending Peters or Babcock's actions or follow-up perception of inaction. I can't speak to the inaction, because I have zero ways to know what the circumstances were. They undoubtedly had lawyers directing them.

For Aliu, it became an equality in sports movement so I'm really happy that's a thing and he's a big part of it.

I was never a victim of racism, but I'm not deaf, dumb and blind. To this day, racists just soften their language to what they believe is acceptable. Like, "brown people", and "new Canadians". In general and on the whole, many of them never surpassed the Dr. Seuss level of reading and comprehension. The problem is, those are just the sheep. The shepherd's are a massive issue.

I can only be myself and encourage those around me to cut that Satoshi Nakamoto out.

My only hope is the next generation.lol

13 hours ago, conundrumed said:

So give me all of the details about how Peters directly impacted a player's career by frustratingly having a racial episode about turning down loud music? There are obviously details that I'm not aware of.

I played both hockey and basketball into the late '80's, so I'm well aware of all of the racial insults hurled.

In general, it was mainly London teams. We had natives, blacks and east indians on various rosters. They didn't. One London school's coach and our coach were suspended in Sr Bball because our coach went right after him after their coach went full racial tirade on one of our players. Shows precisely where the players get it from.

To this day, why were both suspended equally?

Aliu was with the Flames pre-Peters Flames. Was our org too racist to have him on the big club, or was he not good enough? He implies that he never had a chance due to racism. I'm just saying that he can't imply that is the sole reason. I'm in no way saying that hurdle didn't exist, nor am I defending Peters or Babcock's actions or follow-up perception of inaction. I can't speak to the inaction, because I have zero ways to know what the circumstances were. They undoubtedly had lawyers directing them.

For Aliu, it became an equality in sports movement so I'm really happy that's a thing and he's a big part of it.

I was never a victim of racism, but I'm not deaf, dumb and blind. To this day, racists just soften their language to what they believe is acceptable. Like, "brown people", and "new Canadians". In general and on the whole, many of them never surpassed the Dr. Seuss level of reading and comprehension. The problem is, those are just the sheep. The shepherd's are a massive issue.

I can only be myself and encourage those around me to cut that Satoshi Nakamoto out.

My only hope is the next generation.lol

see, I viewed what you said as disrespectful to the process, but I feel it undermines your experience and how you come to it. This feels more respectful.

I don't think Peters needs to pay for it for the rest of his career, I'm all for educating about the effects of it, and it sounds to me like you do understand. You have a lot of experience. 

if I remember correctly, Aliu was the player who had to go through harsh hazing or ridicule from teammates. It's been years since the stories came out, but I don't think Peters was the only one to get to where Aliu got, but an accumulation of things. For me, while it might be just some comments, there's other histories that are attached to the comment we can't know unless we've been witness to them, or lived in his shoes, or his family's or ancestors. I get some think there needs to be a moratorium on time and stuff, but Intergenerational stuff actually does have an impact... I get it, I'm not a scientist and don't have all of the data to quote or research on this, but just know there is more to it than what is shared, like in Kylington, it's mental health related and some things just aren't public knowledge. 

anyway, I appreciate your response. Thank you...

39 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

see, I viewed what you said as disrespectful to the process, but I feel it undermines your experience and how you come to it. This feels more respectful.

I don't think Peters needs to pay for it for the rest of his career, I'm all for educating about the effects of it, and it sounds to me like you do understand. You have a lot of experience. 

if I remember correctly, Aliu was the player who had to go through harsh hazing or ridicule from teammates. It's been years since the stories came out, but I don't think Peters was the only one to get to where Aliu got, but an accumulation of things. For me, while it might be just some comments, there's other histories that are attached to the comment we can't know unless we've been witness to them, or lived in his shoes, or his family's or ancestors. I get some think there needs to be a moratorium on time and stuff, but Intergenerational stuff actually does have an impact... I get it, I'm not a scientist and don't have all of the data to quote or research on this, but just know there is more to it than what is shared, like in Kylington, it's mental health related and some things just aren't public knowledge. 

anyway, I appreciate your response. Thank you...

The Sting had a big shakedown on hazing about 6-7 yrs ago with some pretty Blockchained up Satoshi Nakamoto that had gone on in the past. It was rampant everywhere. In the late '80's my buddy joined the Wheat Kings via trade from Spokane. He told me the first time (as a vet) he saw the hazing was on the bus for an away game. It was so nasty that he just started swinging at the hazers he was so pissed.

The coach would have been Vegas' GM. That Satoshi Nakamoto was everywhere, but he said in Spokane they just pranked. In Brandon they made it full-on sexual and he was just disgusted to the point he was beating up teammates as the new guy. One of the rookies quit afterwards. When the dust settled McCrimmon pointed at him and said, "they're you go boys, it's his team now. Got a problem with that, take it up with him". He was a snipe and tough af. He told me the only guy that beat him up badly was.....Mike Modano.lol Who knew?

10 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

What a mess in Columbus.

For a team that was expected to rebound, this could torpedo their season. Tough for a first time head coach to get the job a week before camp.

Jarmo has to be on the hot seat by now, you'd think.

At least Fantilli had a big game 

No kidding.lol

Being a good coach used to trump being a Satoshi Nakamototy human. Thankfully that has changed.

Johan Franzen re Babcock: "but he's a terrible person, the worst I ever met. He’s a bully who was attacking people. It could be a cleaner at the arena in Detroit or anybody. He would lay into people without any reason".

Chelios re Franzen/Babcock:" Some of the things he (Babcock) said to him (Franzen) on the bench, I don’t know what he said to him behind closed doors one-on-one, but he blatantly verbally assaulted him during the game on the bench. It got to the point where poor Johan, no one really knowing he was suffering with the concussion thing and the depression thing, he just broke down and had a nervous breakdown, not only on the bench but after the game in one of the rooms in Nashville. It was probably one of the worst things I’ve ever seen.”

I'm hopeful the days of, "what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room" are going to completely fade away.

Babcock is more often pronounced Babc-female anatomy part in Detroit.