General NHL Stuff

conundrumed

26 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Hamilton should happen.   Do some limits, like one player a year.   I dunno.   I feel it could work better than it is now.

How could it possibly be more unfair than shipping them all off to Edmonton to be slaughtered?

What about Nashville? Tennessee/Georgia/Kentucky/Mrs Sippy aren't exactly hockey talent hotbeds I tell you what. Or is this purely for selfish reasons? lol

58 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

What about Nashville? Tennessee/Georgia/Kentucky/Mrs Sippy aren't exactly hockey talent hotbeds I tell you what. Or is this purely for selfish reasons? lol

I think a dichotomy and both...

I think JJ is saying, if more players come from the professional city town area, then the teams will create more development programs for kids and grow the sport that way... 

though, the sport is a tough sell over football, baseball, or basketball, or other US sports. 

tough.

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

They get the Russians and Swedes and destroy everyone.

• Haha 1

What a bizarre hire. 

Got experimental with Granato so as is typical with NHL decision making now they have to go "conservative".

NHL has probably the most bizarre hiring practices of the major pro sports leagues

5 hours ago, cross16 said:

What a bizarre hire. 

Got experimental with Granato so as is typical with NHL decision making now they have to go "conservative".

NHL has probably the most bizarre hiring practices of the major pro sports leagues

Very same feeling as when the Flames hired Darryl Sutter the second time.  Go with what worked ages ago.

11 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Very same feeling as when the Flames hired Darryl Sutter the second time.  Go with what worked ages ago.

I personally think Sutter did amazingly well with what he had lol.   As a coach, that is.

But I'm equally bewildered by Ruff.

Still wonder if we have staff or players to poach from Buffalo.  Nothing really pops out for me other than Dahlin.

Maybe Power?   I was never a fan of him though.

Komarov?

amazingly i see very little that we need, other than their draft picks.

On 4/23/2024 at 9:22 AM, jjgallow said:

I personally think Sutter did amazingly well with what he had lol.   As a coach, that is.

Trues.  Sutter squeezed so much out of so little.  Flames weren't ready for him.  He was the wrong hire at the wrong time.  But great coach.

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

Trues.  Sutter squeezed so much out of so little.  Flames weren't ready for him.  He was the wrong hire at the wrong time.  But great coach.

wrong time for sure yes.