General NHL Stuff

conundrumed

Is it just me, or is expectedGF/GA the most utterly useless metric in all of hockey?

It means absolutely zero. Save it for Nintendo.

We've taken everything into account for individual players to provide you with an utterly useless, robotic guess.

We've delved into +/- to provide something even more useless.

Woah, that's a nice trade for T dot *spit*

O'Reilly adds a ton of Top 9 grit and Acciari is a solid 4th liner.

They HAVE to be all in so what they gave up is a whole bunch of whatever.

Army's doing a solid job of re-tooling. Retaining salary to get more back. Up to 3 1st rders now. Not sure the prospects mean anything, but Toronto's prospect pool is weak regardless.

6 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Woah, that's a nice trade for T dot *spit*

O'Reilly adds a ton of Top 9 grit and Acciari is a solid 4th liner.

They HAVE to be all in so what they gave up is a whole bunch of whatever.

Army's doing a solid job of re-tooling. Retaining salary to get more back. Up to 3 1st rders now. Not sure the prospects mean anything, but Toronto's prospect pool is weak regardless.

O'Reilly is having a bad season.  -24, not scoring, and banged up.  But if the Leafs want him to play 3 C, then that's the perfect role for him.   He just needs to defend and shut down.  O'Reilly is a playoff performer and the Leafs are a better team today.

I think they are missing one or two more D in the Jake Muzzin role.  They've got Giordano playing top 4 and the D is not big and mean enough.  They are too easily pushed around.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn am I happy to see Chychrun for Ottawa. He's a great player and not a problem child. Talk about getting railroaded into being the bad guy by a pathetic franchise.

I'd hoped ARI would turn into a great young team with him and Keller, but they're a total nightmare of not caring about actually having an NHL product. Why not move them to KC or Houston?

Bettman will assure that they get Bedard and it'll become an even bigger farce. I feel bad for players there. The biggest part of contracts is likely confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.

They should realistically be called the Arizona Cap Dumps.

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

ARI current NHL salaries: $41,371,291

ARI IR + Dead Cap: $30,963,810

If Keller were to go on IR...

It's an embarasing way to run a team.

The league should step in.

Circumvention again.

Would not be surprised to see them penalized their 1st round pick.

Also wouldn't be surprised if they get caught doing the same things again.

Ugggh hate seeing this. Any team really, but playoff teams losing key pieces to injuries.

Barzal, Hedman, Kaprizov and now Fiala just took an accidental knee-on-knee, didn't look good.

Hopefully everyone that gets to the playoffs can get there in full health.

Sidenote, LA @ Colorado are having a pretty entertaining tilt. I figure Korpisalo is a very under-appreciated add for LA.

I can see them re-signing him for sure moving forward. He'll be 29 in April so still lots of tread left.

oooh update, good to see Fiala back. I'm surpirised.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

That hurts, and I think it changes things a little bit in the east, but there are a few powerhouses - there was no guarantee for them with or without him.

Love.

Lousy way to get a torn ACL, hit a rut in the ice. Nobody around him. I'm cheering against the Rangers the hardest. I get that players "earn" the right to choose where they go. I don't have to like it. I may as well cheer on massive upsets for fun. I'll be disappointed.lol

14 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Lousy way to get a torn ACL, hit a rut in the ice. Nobody around him. I'm cheering against the Rangers the hardest. I get that players "earn" the right to choose where they go. I don't have to like it. I may as well cheer on massive upsets for fun. I'll be disappointed.lol

It's kinda like cheering against the Leafs and Oilers.  Teams either gifted a great player through their own ineptitude or where every Canadian hockey player wants to go.  The Rangers are the American version of the Leafs.  Play in the spotlight of the center of the universe.  

The playoffs are fun because they show a fanbase that, no, you team is not a contender.  Perpetual losing in the first round or getting swept is not a contender world.  Getting to the 3rd round in the Pacific isn't exactly the hardest thing.  Sweep Sweep.

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

This can definitely be the price of fame when you are constantly under the microscope. I couldn't imagine a life of constant criticism.

The continuing saga of, "they're not robots, so stop being an Hash Rate"...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/oilers-defenceman-slater-koekkoek-details-struggles-with-anxiety/

Pretty bad when he can't talk to the trainers about it, and his fellow players make comments like "you know the food is free".  Or someone telling him he needed to gain weight.  

12 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Holy f$#$ Jets. I'd be ashamed if I was Ehlers' teammate on the ice when he had to stick up for himself. You have to click the Watch link, provided that you're old enough.

That's pretty bad.  Dube would have gone after Schenn.

And he would just have been the closest guy, not the only one.

Whatever happened to team toughness for the Jets.

Or even all for one.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

That's pretty bad.  Dube would have gone after Schenn.

And he would just have been the closest guy, not the only one.

Whatever happened to team toughness for the Jets.

Or even all for one.

Schenn is an old skool player. Not sure what Ehlers was thinking pushing that envelope.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Looks like the Coyotes dream for a new barn in Tempe was squashed tonight.

They've gotta look to relocate. Houston? They did move the Yotes from the Pacific to Central, conveniently into the same division as Dallas. Built in rivalry.

12 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Looks like the Coyotes dream for a new barn in Tempe was squashed tonight.

They've gotta look to relocate. Houston? They did move the Yotes from the Pacific to Central, conveniently into the same division as Dallas. Built in rivalry.

It's over for the Coyotes in Arizona.  They could probably relocate to Houston and start playing there as soon as September this year?

I guess swap COL to the Pacific Division.