WHO ARE THE CALGARY FLAMES???

rickross

3 hours ago, redfire11 said:

We ask Who are the Flames? but we don't ask Who are the Senators?

I'll answer that!  Cup contenders in 3 years.

Based on a rookie goalie or Murray from the backend?

The last time the Sens were a decent team was the says of EK.

Tye have somw talent, but will never be close to a contender.

Their MO is pay just enough to have fans get excited and fill the seats.

Then as soon as the stars earn their pay, dump them for next cycle.

You can't build a winner just with young players on the cheap.

7 hours ago, redfire11 said:

We ask Who are the Flames? but we don't ask Who are the Senators?

I'll answer that!  Cup contenders in 3 years.

I really wish we played the Sens 20 more times this season.  We would be picking #1 overall and the Sens would be President Trophy winners.

6 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I really wish we played the Sens 20 more times this season.  We would be picking #1 overall and the Sens would be President Trophy winners.

Even with the last place finish this team would not be allowed the first over all it is a rigged game if Ranger were 10th last they still would get the first over all or any other team other than Calgary for some reason the NHL has no love for Calgary.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2021 at 8:04 AM, The_People1 said:

Ok I have to point this out...peps has been in my opinion, a huge supporter of this team and it’s management, so when he’s saying stuff like this, it’s a huge indicator that it’s time to re-shape this team

1 hour ago, MP5029 said:

Ok I have to point this out...peps has been in my opinion, a huge supporter of this team and it’s management, so when he’s saying stuff like this, it’s a huge indicator that it’s time to re-shape this team

peeps supports, but is also a full rebuild done right kind of fan.

• Like 1

I've been lurking around but not responding, knowing all that I have is venom.

I can only use an analogy to stay away from being downright nasty.

The Flames are a batch of chili with no spices. Bland and evokes nothing when you taste it.

No garlic, no jalapeno, no cayenne, no smoked paprika, no brown sugar, not even a hint of worcestershire, no chili powder, no oregano, no basil, no salt, no pepper.

Fix goaltending, done, you've added more beans.

Tkachuk tries to be chili powder, gets told to tone it down. We need to be blander than vanilla.

So you sit down to a nice, hearty, comforting bowl of chili. The first mouthful you say, "wtf is this? Did you rinse the fat flavour off of the beef too"?

That is the flames in a nutshell. Tomato, ground beef and beans, call it chili.

So if you don't understand my analogy, at least I told you how to make chili, you decide how much of what. But use stewing beef, not ground.lol

And don't forget the onions and sweet and hot peppers and beef stock.

You're welcome.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

The Flames are a batch of chili with no spices. Bland and evokes nothing when you taste it.

No garlic, no jalapeno, no cayenne, no smoked paprika, no brown sugar, not even a hint of worcestershire, no chili powder, no oregano, no basil, no salt, no pepper.

Tkachuk tries to be chili powder, gets told to tone it down. We need to be blander than vanilla.

So you sit down to a nice, hearty, comforting bowl of chili. The first mouthful you say, "wtf is this? Did you rinse the fat flavour off of the beef too"?

So if you don't understand my analogy, at least I told you how to make chili, you decide how much of what. But use stewing beef, not ground.lol

You're welcome.

Most of the ingrediencies are there with the exception of the lottery pick spice. EDM and TO seen to have found the rare spice but they had to loiter outside the food bank for years on end. Maybe a little more marination with new chef may help. How is the chili in DET these days? I prefer ground beef in my chili and stewing beef in stew.:D

1 hour ago, CheersMan said:

Most of the ingrediencies are there with the exception of the lottery pick spice. EDM and TO seen to have found the rare spice but they had to loiter outside the food bank for years on end. Maybe a little more marination with new chef may help. How is the chili in DET these days? I prefer ground beef in my chili and stewing beef in stew.:D

Although, I do love a good Tomate Sauce Beef Stew. Delicious! Gravy ones too! And you know that if the Flames ever won the Cup again, that would be just GRRRRAVY! 

For me, this team is more on the sour side. We forgot to add the sweetener. Well, I can see how we are chilli with no bite. 

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

You're welcome.

Also, dark chocolate. Seriously.

Love.

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

You're welcome.

So, do you think Sutter is a basic cook and doesn't want spices?

Monahan and Backlund are vanilla.

I don't know if Gaudreau is spice or tomato paste.

With some players he could be cumin.

Watered down versions.

Gaudreau, Ras, Lindholm, Kylington, Bennett, Leivo, Rittich. 

Bland

Monahan, Backlund, Lucic, Gio, Tanev.

Not a lot of spice remaining.

Really think we need a complete rebuild... same guys same old results for the last few years and it ain’t going to get better. Covid complications , flat cap and no guarantee any game changing draft picks, ain’t going to make it easy. I’ve no confidence in seeing any success with this group. Very disheartening! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, McInnisslapshotothehead said:

Really think we need a complete rebuild... same guys same old results for the last few years and it ain’t going to get better. Covid complications , flat cap and no guarantee any game changing draft picks, ain’t going to make it easy. I’ve no confidence in seeing any success with this group. Very disheartening! 

Yup!

that’s all that needs to be said, is yup, hammer on nail did you hit! 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 7:15 AM, conundrumed said:

You're welcome.

Brilliant.

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

Well we are getting a top 10 pick this year, we have the 6th worst points percentage in the league.

Sucks, the only team we can beat is the Canucks and we play them 3 more times.  Good thing we still play Senators twice.  That's 2 Ls right there.  

5 more against the Habs though...  That's going to determine where we draft.  Hope we get into the top 3 lotto odds.

8 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Sucks, the only team we can beat is the Canucks and we play them 3 more times.  Good thing we still play Senators twice.  That's 2 Ls right there.  

5 more against the Habs though...  That's going to determine where we draft.  Hope we get into the top 3 lotto odds.

we are so good at the winning attitude that we will win our last game, put us in 5th overall instead of 3rd and we are so good at the lottery that that win will have us losing that lottery and drop us down a spot or two and then management will say it’s a win, because that extra win is going to teach us in the long run. 

remember beating a team in the last game and we would have picked where the jets did instead, but we ended up better for it because we learned how to win.

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

we are so good at the winning attitude that we will win our last game, put us in 5th overall instead of 3rd and we are so good at the lottery that that win will have us losing that lottery and drop us down a spot or two and then management will say it’s a win, because that extra win is going to teach us in the long run. 

remember beating a team in the last game and we would have picked where the jets did instead, but we ended up better for it because we learned how to win.

Actually, that win took us out of 3rd.  I doubt we pick PLD.

We probably would have had Puljujarvi.

In hindsight, a RW.

I'm sure we could have ruined him.

Or perhaps we don't trade for Lindholm.

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

We face the Nucks 4 times.

I would not be shocked if we made a trade after the weekend.  

7 days between games with the cancelled Nucks games.

I hope not unless it;s a core guy going out and a new core guy coming in.

12 hours ago, robrob74 said:

Yes we would be so much better off with the most overhyped #2 in the past 10 years, guy with a whopping 2 points more than #6, and already pissing off his 2nd organization.

The only missed opportunity the flames have via the draft is 2013. A few more loses and they could have Mackinnon or Barkov and no question in my mind the conversation is different today. 

in all other years I truly believe they got the player they wanted regardless of draft position and they were taking Bennett and Tkachuk even if they were higher in the draft. Moving up in the draft via the lottery is not always critical nor always a game changer. 

This year is one of those years imo. You want to be in the top 10 at minimum and yes higher is better but I think your going to see variations in lists among the top 10. This year is not the year to necessarily demand a top pick, that’s coming over the next 2 drafts. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cross16 said:

The only missed opportunity the flames have via the draft is 2013. A few more loses and they could have Mackinnon or Barkov and no question in my mind the conversation is different today. 

in all other years I truly believe they got the player they wanted regardless of draft position and they were taking Bennett and Tkachuk even if they were higher in the draft. Moving up in the draft via the lottery is not always critical nor always a game changer. 

This year is one of those years imo. You want to be in the top 10 at minimum and yes higher is better but I think your going to see variations in lists among the top 10. This year is not the year to necessarily demand a top pick, that’s coming over the next 2 drafts. 

It seems when the Flames have a high pick, they choose to do it on weak draft years.