s4xon

12 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Naw, he's having a WJC that will have GM fighting to get him.

Imagine the JJ'ing that teams will be doing in the next couple of months.

There will be a steal in the 2nd round, but we need more picks.

I'm not hoping for a sell off, but I hope that we take advantage of teams JJ'ing.

Look for good players on teams like ANA and ARI.

BUFF is trying to figure out how to lose 30 in a row, while still developing the good ones.

Gonna be some serious JJ'ing this year yes lol.    Anything in the top 5 gives you a 40%+ chance of a franchise player so teams gonna tank lotto or not.    You know my TDL opinions.  We would need to become legit contenders for those opinions to change but one of these years we'll be aligned.

12 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Instead of Coronato? I'd sat no. Sergeev and Chechelev are coming up behind just fine. I don't mind that at all.

Keep scouring the NAHL for late rders. Can't scour the MHL presently.

That's what everyone thought in the 90's, and Detroit scooped em all up anyway.  How long does Putin have to live and how many years does it take to develop these guys?   Imho we should pull a Detroit.

Wallstedt 100% ahead of Coronato yes.  JMHO.  But that was a draft where we could have had multiple first rounders had we not decided to give away Gaudreau and co for nothing.

1 minute ago, jjgallow said:

Paedophilia isn't really a punchline for most normal people.

I guess your not normal either. 

I never stated you were a pedophile (correct spelling by the way), you jumped to that conclusion and that's your own perverted brain.

You're really not understanding the concept here, the blackhawks didn't have children on staff.

Anyway, congrats.  You're the first person I've blocked here in over 10 years.   

Hockey is a game you're suppose to grow up with as a kid.  I did. My kids are.   The NHL is the money-driven adult version.  You've got it backwards on what's weird and I've no more interest on your thoughts on hockey or life or world juniors or any of it.

21 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

You're really not understanding the concept here, the blackhawks didn't have children on staff.

Hockey is a game you're suppose to grow up with as a kid.  I did. My kids are.   The NHL is the money-driven adult version.  You've got it backwards on what's weird and I've no more interest on your thoughts on hockey or life or world juniors or any of it.

Well there was a teenage boy involved.  Plus sexual assaults also shouldn't be a joke period.  Typical its only okay when I do it.  I was just trying to give advice so you don't come off looking like the fool you did on CP last month, really good entertainment when you tried telling people they lost the chance of Bedard with the Toffoli trade and then turned into victim mode when people made jokes because of how wrong you were because it was last years pick, really funny stuff.

Blocking me isn't the insult you think it is.

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Elmer Soderblom RW/LW (21), 2019 6th rd.

6'8". 250lbs.

Current status: NHL

Imagine getting a late round pick on an ELC for another 2 years that would have made Lucic obsolete.

Better skater, better hands, can't move him in front of the net.

21. No cups.

Perchance to dream that we get over the dinosaur guys and try to get better by getting younger.

Everyone's doing it, why not us? Dallas is doing it, they aren't rebuilding. They aren't doing it with top picks.

Heiskenen was 3oa, that's about it. Now they have Wyatt Johnson and Stankoven coming up. Robertson and Hintz both rd 2. Prolly 4 of your future top 6, none of them top 20 picks.

i think  this is what JJ, Peeps, maybe Loucifer and Tmac and I really get at, developing and maintaining a proper amount of draft picks to continue building the team. 

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Elmer Soderblom RW/LW (21), 2019 6th rd.

6'8". 250lbs.

Current status: NHL

Imagine getting a late round pick on an ELC for another 2 years that would have made Lucic obsolete.

Better skater, better hands, can't move him in front of the net.

21. No cups.

European scouting has long been an issue.  I have confidence that we can find a few good gems in North America, even Euros who move to play in the USHL, but I have next to no confidence in selections out of the European leagues and recent picks haven't done much to change that position.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jjgallow said:

I must have been the one ten yrs ago I think I peed every one off ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Wolf with the 29 save shutout, ho-hum...

19-4; 4 SO/2.02gaa;.932 sv%

Has played the most minutes of any goalie in the A.

When he gets his act together and gets to a 1.5gaa and .960 sv% I think maybe we should start considering calling him up.

I wouldn't even consider it until he starts contributing offensively, his two-way play needs a lot of work.   these rookies just don't know what's expected.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

I wouldn't even consider it until he starts contributing offensively, his two-way play needs a lot of work.   these rookies just don't know what's expected.

you'd think it he'd know! He had all year last season to figure that out!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

When he gets his act together and gets to a 1.5gaa and .960 sv% I think maybe we should start considering calling him up.

well! At least get that S% under 2.00, closer to 1.75. He's too short. He'd never make a save in the NHL!

well, nor would any of the other players score for the big club. Too young.

7 hours ago, conundrumed said:

2 hours ago, jjgallow said:

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

well! At least get that S% under 2.00, closer to 1.75. He's too short. He'd never make a save in the NHL!

well, nor would any of the other players score for the big club. Too young.

I'm waiting for his grit to appear.  Can't have a star like Lucic fighting his battles.

Has Wolf even dropped his gloves yet?

Or laid a brutal check on anyone?

I know the Flames signed Vladar to the extension, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Flames move him in the offseason.

The team will be tight to the cap and money will have to move. He will likely be the AHL Goalie of the Year for the 2nd year in a row. He's too good for the AHL right now. Even more-so if he's still down there next year.

Could be a way for the Flames to regain some draft capital. I'd imagine the Flames look at the Georgiev trade or maybe the Vanecek deal. Georgiev went for two 3rd's and a 5th. Vanecek went for a 2nd and 3rd with the 2nd being a pick swap with WSH.

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I know the Flames signed Vladar to the extension, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Flames move him in the offseason.

The team will be tight to the cap and money will have to move. He will likely be the AHL Goalie of the Year for the 2nd year in a row. He's too good for the AHL right now. Even more-so if he's still down there next year.

Could be a way for the Flames to regain some draft capital. I'd imagine the Flames look at the Georgiev trade or maybe the Vanecek deal. Georgiev went for two 3rd's and a 5th. Vanecek went for a 2nd and 3rd with the 2nd being a pick swap with WSH.

Better to trade Markstrom and run with Wolf/Vladar.  Save $5-mil to upgrade a RW or something