s4xon

I am thinking Kipper won't be here next season.

We don't know enough about any of them except Mac is a suitable backup.  I would be really hardpressed to go out on a limb to say any of the others are ready for a starting goltender position next season with the Flames.I would rather not mistake "potential" meaning the same thing as NHL ready Starter.

Running Berra and Ramo as a tandem next year would be the most insanely risky gamble ever for goaltending. Two unproven (Ramo is NOT unproven I guess, he's a proven failure that's attempting redemption) European goalies. Yeeaahhhh...

I'd rather have one of them and MacD. MacD has been functional.. Extend him, bring in one of the Euros and let Taylor, Brust and Broissoit hang out in Abbotsford.

Running Berra and Ramo as a tandem next year would be the most insanely risky gamble ever for goaltending. Two unproven (Ramo is NOT unproven I guess, he's a proven failure that's attempting redemption) European goalies. Yeeaahhhh...

I'd rather have one of them and MacD. MacD has been functional.. Extend him, bring in one of the Euros and let Taylor, Brust and Broissoit hang out in Abbotsford.

Could just be a creative way of getting a shot at Ekblad or Sam Reinhart!

I would like to see the following occur.

Kipper: I expect kipp will be traded today. Its best for the organization and him in that I hope he is able to win a cup, him and Iggy have been the two symbols of this team and have carried it on their back for the last decade. They both deserve a chance at one. (Although I doubt TO will give him much of a shot  :( )

Irving: I like Irving, and feel bad for the kid cause he seems like such a nice guy... but he hasn't really cut it for us. Let him go.

Brust: We have too many goalie prospects, we need to move some that don't factor into our future plans out and make room on the farm.

Gillies & Ortio: I've been impressed with both of their progression this year. I think they both need more time though, so best to just leave them where they are.

Berra, Ramo & MacD: As was stated, Berra has reportedly been signed to a contract. I expect Ramo will as well, and I'd assume that we will extend MacD. He has been good enough this season. Best to sign him to an extension as he has earned it. I would let these three battle it out for the 2 spots on the team. Whoever is the odd man out should be sent down to abbie.

Taylor & Brossoit: I'd expect that this is who we will see in abbotsford next year, in addition to the goalie who is the odd man out from the three above. Would operate alot like last year when we were running with 3 goalies. If the two in CGY don't perform, it leaves opportunity to call one of these three (taylor, brossoit, odd man out) a chance with the big club.

Garrioch is saying Flames are one of 6 teams asking about Bishop! After signing Berra, this could be an indication they are not confident Ramo will ever don the flaming C! Or it could be that the newshounds are getting a little 'creative' in lieu of any actual trades to report.

How can we not be in on Bishop? We have no NHL goalies signed next year with Kipper gone... AT ALL.

But we have just signed the best goalie outside the NHL. On top of that, we have the rights to the best goalie outside the NHL. Hang on a minute...

Will Karri Ramo even sign with the Calgary Flames?

Or will he choose to stay in the KHL and probably make more money while NOT paying taxes?

Fact: Karri Ramo likes playing in the KHL

Fact: Karri Ramo has a bad taste in his mouth from his previous NHL experience.

With the aquisition of Berra(lol), and Feaster apparently trying and failing to aquire Bishop, does this show us Feaster is also worried about getting a deal done with Ramo?

I don't think it shows concern about getting a deal done. I think it shows concern that Ramo was a terrible goalie in his first NHL stint and while he is the "best goalie outside of the NHL," so is Berra apparently (just like Cervenka is the best forward outside of the NHL).

Ramo is highly risky with low potential to pan out into a starter. Feaster would be an idiot to put all of his eggs in one basket. Especially the Ramo basket.

Or will he choose to stay in the KHL and probably make more money while NOT paying taxes?

With the aquisition of Berra(lol), and Feaster apparently trying and failing to aquire Bishop, does this show us Feaster is also worried about getting a deal done with Ramo?

Maybe you should do some research before you start spewing all these "facts" and starting threads based on them.

you know the imp in me wonders if Louongo ends up here.

We have the room and have a starter need .....  *shrug*

I can't imagine it would actually happen but  .....  *EVIL GRIN*

:) Doubt it. 

But he has been pulled off the ice.  Looks like he is being traded somewhere.  Probably Toronto.  

EDIT: Looks like he was messing around.  He remains a Canuck.  

RAMO PLEASED FLAMES HAVE HIS RIGHTS; HOPES TO RETURN TO NHL

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=395478

So please post your links to credible sources that say Ramo:

choose to stay in the KHL and probably make more money while NOT paying taxes?

you know the imp in me wonders if Louongo ends up here.

We have the room and have a starter need .....  *shrug*

I can't imagine it would actually happen but  .....  *EVIL GRIN*

I don't see it for a number of reasons:

We don't have much in assets to fit their requirements. We aren't trading draft picks. They have sat on an asking price and seemingly won't drop that price for anyone let alone the Flames. Think all the goalies moving this trade deadline and the Nucks standing firm on Luongo.

Why would we be aquiring this long list of candidates to only turn around and now trade for Lou. We already have a suitable backup in Mac.

There is little doubt in my mind that we will parade all the goalies next training camp and let them all compete for the startter job.

Maybe you should do some research before you start spewing all these "facts" and starting threads based on them.

lol come on DeeDee I'm just trying to rile up some already cheesed off Flames fans.

Also he's not signed yet is he? His team has been eliminated from the KHL playoffs he could potentially already be playing for Calgary (with permission from Avangard Omsk obviously)

Not to mention Feaster has stated that as soon as Omsk's season is over he wants to get Ramo over here asap.

Something to think about anyway

lol come on DeeDee I'm just trying to rile up some already cheesed off Flames fans.

Also he's not signed yet is he? His team has been eliminated from the KHL playoffs he could potentially already be playing for Calgary (with permission from Avangard Omsk obviously)

Not to mention Feaster has stated that as soon as Omsk's season is over he wants to get Ramo over here asap.

Something to think about anyway

It's not DeeDee.

He can't be offered a contract until the end of April at which time his present contract expires. It has nothing to do with his season now being over. That in turn has nothing to do with Feaster and his wants, it has everything to do with understandings between the two leagues.

Berra - 6'4".  As stated in another thread, Berra has been inked to a 1 year deal for the 2013-2014 season

I cannot find any information confirming this anywhere. Can you post the thread or a link that confirms this? I believe is is not under contract at this time.

We have sooooo many goalie's and are starting some what of a rebuild if not a total rebuild. I think we have time to wait until someone pans out since we won't be contending for a while. With the sheer numbers we have and some of the amazing #'s the young ones have put up I'm pretty confident with our goaltending situation. I will be perfectly fine without a proven starting goaltender for next year because unless we get crazy lucky in free agency we won't be in the playoff race anyways. One more thing is it will start a new reality that we can't rely on our goaltender to win us games.

• Like 1

It's not DeeDee.

He can't be offered a contract until the end of April at which time his present contract expires. It has nothing to do with his season now being over. That in turn has nothing to do with Feaster and his wants, it has everything to do with understandings between the two leagues.

If you look at what the Rangers did with Zuccarello they were able to bring him over with permission from his KHL team. But you better believe Avangard Omsk will offer everything and the kitchen sink to keep Ramo around.

It's definitely troubling news hearing that Feaster was going for ANOTHER goalie in Bishop. Is that a sign of trouble in the Ramo dealings? Who knows, but it's a topic of conversation thats forsure.