Treliving-Flames mutually part ways. Maloney POHO/interim GM and search on for new GM

cross16

14 hours ago, zima said:

BT knew he was going to TO so he blew up our team what a great guy got to love him

Give us some examples of BT blowing up this team?

He sat on his hands at trade deadline and could have done a lot of damage if he had wanted to.  Not BT's of doing something. 

Good luck with TML Brad you are going to need it.

1 hour ago, rocketdoctor said:

Give us some examples of BT blowing up this team?

He sat on his hands at trade deadline and could have done a lot of damage if he had wanted to.  Not BT's of doing something. 

Good luck with TML Brad you are going to need it.

Just because he didn't get anything in return doesn't mean he didn't blow up the team,

Our core is gone.

But yes, he's gonna need some serious luck in Toronto with an extra large dose of all the constraints he had here.

This makes the "promotions" of Pascal and Snow make even more sense now. 

I wish him well and I think he's going to do a good job. I think Toronto is getting the right GM for what they need. 

Hopefully he doesn't flex the Toronto resources on the Flames scouting staff. 

Just now, robrob74 said:

but why does it make sense for their promotions? 

Makes them harder for Treliving to try and poach or hire them if he wanted to. 

Not suggesting he was going to but I'd be surprised if that wasn't part of the motivation

41 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Not suggesting he was going to but I'd be surprised if that wasn't part of the motivation

Okay I get it now.  You would have to think that Love is in BT's head as well.  If you see Sheldon fired, then you may have a good idea of where he is going.  LOL

40 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Neither guy were Treliving hires, but I would imagine Snow at this point would take a lot to leave Calgary.  

51 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Well it's all promotions on paper only though.  They both doing the same thing basically.

But anyways, I was sure Conroy would leave if someone else was hired as GM.  I never felt Pascal or Snow would leave for those reasons.  Even if they go to TOR to join BT, it would be a lateral move.  Doesn't move them up the ranks.

36 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Neither guy were Treliving hires, but I would imagine Snow at this point would take a lot to leave Calgary.  

Pascall was. 

36 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Well it's all promotions on paper only though.  They both doing the same thing basically.

But anyways, I was sure Conroy would leave if someone else was hired as GM.  I never felt Pascal or Snow would leave for those reasons.  Even if they go to TOR to join BT, it would be a lateral move.  Doesn't move them up the ranks.

That is the point i'm making. The promotions are on paper but they remove the ability for the Leafs to ask for permission because it's a lateral move. Pascal/Snow would have to quit.

Again i'm not saying this was likely or is going to happen. IMO I think treliving has been earmarked to Toronto for sometime and I think Maloney knew that and took a step to protective himself and the franchise with 2 people he should want to keep. 

I find it funny. Everything is under the microscope now. 

I’ve seen primarily criticism of the Tkachuk deal.

The one that should be getting criticized is the Hamonic deal. That 2018 1st should have had protection on it. Ended up being Noah Dobson. IMO the biggest mistake made in jus tenure.

• Like 1

Calgary got shafted when Toronto stole Cliff Fletcher

This, however, imho could be payback.  

Would love nothing more than round 3 of a Calgary-Toronto  5 player trade, we're due for one to fall in their favor and they have the GM to make that happen now

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I love how these videos are only made now because Treliving is the Leafs GM,

They can't help but talk about the leafs.

I watched a video about the Canadian teams seasons last year and they'd spend 2 minutes talking about a given team and the next 10 minutes comparing said team to the Leafs in various ways.

It was pretty embarrassing.

23 hours ago, Sarasti said:

They can't help but talk about the leafs.

I watched a video about the Canadian teams seasons last year and they'd spend 2 minutes talking about a given team and the next 10 minutes comparing said team to the Leafs in various ways.

It was pretty embarrassing.

He gonna get eaten alive.

No tears here.

On 6/2/2023 at 9:18 PM, jjgallow said:

He gonna get eaten alive.

No tears here.

Alternatively, he'll be fine. Dubas was an easy target as he's young and comes across as pretty arrogant. I think the fans and media will enjoy Treliving being more down to earth. His personality is a lot more likeable so that's a good start.

21 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Alternatively, he'll be fine. Dubas was an easy target as he's young and comes across as pretty arrogant. I think the fans and media will enjoy Treliving being more down to earth. His personality is a lot more likeable so that's a good start.

When you put it like that, I see your point.   I can certainly relate with my own likeable personality.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

When you put it like that, I see your point.   I can certainly relate with my own likeable personality.

I do actually enjoy your personality. You've learned to recognize when to reel in the salt and vinegar when it becomes overbearing.lol

• Like 1