Blow It Up?

The_People1

Blow It Up?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What level of "blow it up" would you like to see?

• Level 3 - Everyone from Treliving down must go
    • Level 2 - Most of the core players must go
    • Level 1 - At least one core player must go
    • Level 0 - Minor changes will do

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, MP5029 said:

not really, cause most teams have 1 or 2 games in hand on Cgy, so reality is 8-10 pts out and this team is winning 1 loosing 2 or winning 2 sometimes 3 but then loose 2…

that track record is not gonna keep pace with the division leaders let alone close any sort of gap in the Standings.

chemistry of the team is just not quite right.

They are 13-8-6 since Dec 1st. 15th best point % in that time.  No team in the division earned more points in that time span and the Flames point % is higher then both Vegas and Seattle, and almost identical to Edm and LA. 

Yes the need to play better, yes last night sucked but they are very much keeping pace in their division. 

9 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

There are many ways to blow it up or at least change the direction.

Giving up picks and prospects makes some sense if it's a future star.

Would you not have offered a higher pick for Necas?

Or some other piece we could really use?

The number of teams that blow it up and improve is almost zero.

The number that tank and blow it up, and are successful, well we can maybe say one or two.

Picks for prospects is fair game for sure.  That's usually an offseason thing though, I'm just referring to the typical TDL moves.

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

They are 13-8-6 since Dec 1st. 15th best point % in that time.  No team in the division earned more points in that time span and the Flames point % is higher then both Vegas and Seattle, and almost identical to Edm and LA. 

Yes the need to play better, yes last night sucked but they are very much keeping pace in their division. 

Sounds like a post for the Positivity thread :) 

The West is all mixed up this year.

Teams that missed the playoffs doing well.

Teams that were firmly in playoff spots fighting for scraps.

We need to go on a run like last year coming out of the break.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Sounds like a post for the Positivity thread :) 

The West is all mixed up this year.

Teams that missed the playoffs doing well.

Teams that were firmly in playoff spots fighting for scraps.

We need to go on a run like last year coming out of the break.

Not even meant to be positive. Be pretty hard to argue this team is worth being positive about this year. 

Just simply a fact that they are right there in their division and not really losing ground but also really clear they are going to need to play better to solidify a playoff spot or climb up. Let's see if they are capable of doing so. 

14 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

the rare trades are the ones we want

The ones we have missed out on are the ones that would have helped.

Eichel, Stone are just two of them.

Not including Valimaki, only to lose him to waivers....

I get that Stone would have been a difficult signing...

Or that our offer for Eichel was not what they wanted, but it was a ploy by BUFF.

3 hours ago, rickross said:

Why not “blow it up?”…atleast try something different. This thread keeps getting bumped for a reason. This team isn’t the one and we all know that by now. We’ve become so complacent with the mediocrity of this team over the years. It is not working here, that has to be clear by now. 

but you can look at them over the last ten and say 5-3-2 is a winning record. But I wonder how often they started on time in them? But stats can favour like scoring some of the most first period goals.

12 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

Just kidding.

Love.

While I love your sense of humour....ummm.🤣

Imagine all of this emotion if we won 5-1.

Speaking of bi-polar, the Wings won in OT and fanfave JBurger had a goal. As did Sundqvist. Maatta continues to balance the D out regardless of which Stone-bad partner they put him with. As my suggestion continues to be ignored.lol

That was just a horrible effort game. The centers were floating hard and no winger can make up for that.

Kadri's lousy all-around game is over-shadowed by points and hype. They keep hyping his 25% good and never focus on his 75% suck. "He's all over the ice", like that's a good thing. He's all over the map is more concise. Lindholm and Backlund were both skating in mud.

I think somehow the message to slow down fast teams is getting lost in translation. Don't be slow, dummies.

So Marky lets in 5 goals were they hard to stop goals or just crappy goal tending? I say send him down to rapid city bring up Wolf unless of course were looking to crap shoot for first over all pick? If that's the case put Marky in every game I know we will never get the first we are not the oilers of old and I do believe that the draft is fixed and I also believe NHL has no love for the Flames for some reason. Just look at sportsnet out side of Flames City I live on the IsLand and I might if I'm lucky get a 3 second hit on Flames the Oilers get way more press here which I don't under stand and of course even here on the Island we see 5 min of the leafs then 3 min- 5 min of Knuckle heads. I know my opinion on this site is worth less than but I am a Flames fan and I do believe that sutter is not doing his job unless like I said we are after the golden ball Wolf is killing it with the W give the kid a shot he can't do any worse . By the way these are teams we are suppose to beat no?

49 minutes ago, cross16 said:

They have been playing better but it seems like they’re just trying to stay afloat this year.  That record is pretty good but far from that of a dominant team. I’m happy when they win games I just have yet to feel convinced as I mentioned. They aren’t a bad team but they also aren’t very good either, that’s what’s been frustrating to watch this year. They may be keeping pace with the division but realistically I don’t see this team having more success than last year unfortunately. 

Regarding trades…are we just 1 player or trade away from getting over the hump? Or does the DNA of this team/organization need a complete refresh? 

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

The ones we have missed out on are the ones that would have helped.

Eichel, Stone are just two of them.

Not including Valimaki, only to lose him to waivers....

I get that Stone would have been a difficult signing...

Or that our offer for Eichel was not what they wanted, but it was a ploy by BUFF.

All depends on what we trade for Eichel, I think what happened was fair.  I won't comment on the rest lol.  You know my thoughts already.

36 minutes ago, zima said:

So Marky lets in 5 goals were they hard to stop goals or just crappy goal tending? I say send him down to rapid city bring up Wolf unless of course were looking to crap shoot for first over all pick? If that's the case put Marky in every game I know we will never get the first we are not the oilers of old and I do believe that the draft is fixed and I also believe NHL has no love for the Flames for some reason. Just look at sportsnet out side of Flames City I live on the IsLand and I might if I'm lucky get a 3 second hit on Flames the Oilers get way more press here which I don't under stand and of course even here on the Island we see 5 min of the leafs then 3 min- 5 min of Knuckle heads. I know my opinion on this site is worth less than but I am a Flames fan and I do believe that sutter is not doing his job unless like I said we are after the golden ball Wolf is killing it with the W give the kid a shot he can't do any worse . By the way these are teams we are suppose to beat no?

Send him to the ECHL?

38 minutes ago, rickross said:

Regarding trades…are we just 1 player or trade away from getting over the hump? Or does the DNA of this team/organization need a complete refresh? 

TDL always proves zero teams are ever 1 or 2 trades away. Address the problems. No capable D depth. Little to no size on the wings/net front presence/driving the net/cycling. Get better by addressing problems, not for name recognition/star power.

Trade for Eichel/P. Kane yesterday. Solves nothing, depletes picks/prospects. Same problems not being addressed. You can't outscore the problems. Fix the problems first.

4 hours ago, zima said:

ya the flames are taking a lot of teams lightly they should be wins. They get up for tough opponents. And seem to be off and on for the above average. 

im not sure if they're simplifying things enough when it comes to starting. It seems like they need to get back to basics and start to takes games one period at a time instead of taking it one game at a time. 

Mangiapane and Huberdeau seem to be concentrating on playing up to their contracts. Maybe Kadri is too, or he just went where the money was and isn't interested in playing anymore. Although, he was dialed in early, but something switched for him around the 10 game mark?

Lindholm is good but lost two elite line mates so ends up as a good line but not elite or great.

Hubie and Kadri don't have a winger, maybe it is Pelletier? 

I think I get where you're coming from most times and do appreciate your take. Sometimes, like me, you post out of passion and it can tend to sound that way. We love the team and want what is best. We all have our view on ways of getting there. 

I want us to try building through the draft. We've been mixed and seems like we trade a lot of picks. I wonder if we could be a better team by now if we remained patient earlier in Brad's tenure?

I personally don't think you learn much about a team when they have a let down against a poor team. Those are going to happen throughout a season and they happen for every team. 

You learn more about them when you see how they respond. Especially tonight playing a good team and not having Tanev. We'll learn more tonight IMO. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

I personally don't think you learn much about a team when they have a let down against a poor team. Those are going to happen throughout a season and they happen for every team. 

You learn more about them when you see how they respond. Especially tonight playing a good team and not having Tanev. We'll learn more tonight IMO. 

It seems to me that Marky was put in to give him  a chance to redeem himself against a poor team and Marky didn't put a good game together plus I noticed we allowed 29 shots against which doesn't help marky much but if you can't trust him to stop the puck then we are going to fail every time.

I don't understand why we can't give Wolf a shot I feel he has showed he deserves a chance in a flames jersey ? He might only be 6' but he stands 6'6" in the net come on sutter give the kid a chance it's time Marky is having a very bad yr either send him to Rapid City or just let him go home for a few weeks let him just chille..   

By the way I do appreciate when I don't get jumped on and made to feel like an idiot Although I'm sure most of the time I do speak with out paying attention to other comments. There are a lot of conversations and it is hard to read everything and I just read the last few comments which of course kills my cred . My ADHD makes it hard sometime to slow down and make a proper analises.  

15 hours ago, cross16 said:

Quoted for truth. Can't go overboard after a poor performance, although some seem to relish in it or just pour their frustration everywhere. We're about a month out from buy/sell.

Hopefully we move away from the borderline.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:01 PM, zima said:

I don't understand why we can't give Wolf a shot I feel he has showed he deserves a chance in a flames jersey ?

Problem is who gives up their position. The goalie thats getting you Ws or the "starter" making 6mil that most likely cant be sent down. (I dont know all the ins and outs with that stuff).

He might only be 6' but he stands 6'6"

I'm not sure height is the issue, he's listed 1" taller than Saros, same height as DeSmith, and only 1" shorter than long running veterans like Quick and Lundqvist.

By the way I do appreciate when I don't get jumped on and made to feel like an idiot Although I'm sure most of the time I do speak with out paying attention to other comments. There are a lot of conversations and it is hard to read everything and I just read the last few comments

I hope I've never done that and if I have it was unintended and I apologize. I do the same with the comments only because sometimes I just couldnt be arsed to engage.

On 1/27/2023 at 5:01 PM, zima said:

By the way I do appreciate when I don't get jumped on and made to feel like an idiot Although I'm sure most of the time I do speak with out paying attention to other comments. There are a lot of conversations and it is hard to read everything and I just read the last few comments which of course kills my cred . My ADHD makes it hard sometime to slow down and make a proper analises.  

Don't let it get to you what people say.  We are a bunch of people with opinions.

Some opinions are backed up by other's comments, while others are jumped on.

There is never anyone's intent to make a person feel small.

You will see some barbs being traded between some people.

But sometimes that starts with someone trashing someone else.

Be respectful and that is how you will be treated, or so we try to be that way.

On 1/27/2023 at 5:01 PM, zima said:

It seems to me that Marky was put in to give him  a chance to redeem himself against a poor team and Marky didn't put a good game together plus I noticed we allowed 29 shots against which doesn't help marky much but if you can't trust him to stop the puck then we are going to fail every time.

I don't understand why we can't give Wolf a shot I feel he has showed he deserves a chance in a flames jersey ? He might only be 6' but he stands 6'6" in the net come on sutter give the kid a chance it's time Marky is having a very bad yr either send him to Rapid City or just let him go home for a few weeks let him just chille..   

I don't think it was a bad game from Markstrom. Hard to say this in a 5-1 game against the worst team in the league but it would have been worse if it was not for Markstrom. The team was just that bad. 

Markstrom has a NMC which mean he can block an assignment so I don't think they are going to be in a position to send him down. While they could bring up Wolf they would be running 3 goalies. I'm not sure that is really going to benefit anyone, Markstrom, Vladar or Wolf. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...