Oilers

41 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Considering that likely would have been your 16th beer on the night, maybe it was the best you never had.:P

The old George Burns line, "It only takes me one drink to get drunk, but I can never remember if it's the 15th or 16th". lol

Something tells me the Oilers will screw this up. Maybe they'll stick with the younger Gretzky.

I think the prerequisite is smoke cigars and drink Brandy and Scotch with the ol' boys.

I think that the Oilers need to do something like we did here in Calgary. Get a guy like Burke to come in assess, make quick changes, and mentor a young, promising GM with some experience. Clean house.

Hey Brew, did you ever think of how your username might get misconstrued if the SCF is us vs the Bruins? lol

I know you mean Brewers, but...(and I don't know why you're a Brewers fan, lol).

"Old Milwaukee, tastes as good as it's name".

"And that is why it's, considered a low grade beer". lol

We'll protect you.;)

2 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

I think that the Oilers need to do something like we did here in Calgary. Get a guy like Burke to come in assess, make quick changes, and mentor a young, promising GM with some experience. Clean house.

I think you’re on the right track which I think they thought they were on when hiring Nicholson. It’s obvious he is a bit inept.

Any GM they hire from another team will not be able to participate in the draft.

At least that's how it typically works.

KG will make the choices.

Oh, and McDavid has to have a 2nd and 3rd opinion on his MRA results.  The Oilers may not have been thrilled with what the doctors told them, or them may want to be sure there is nothing wrong.  Nobody is saying.

12 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Any GM they hire from another team will not be able to participate in the draft.

At least that's how it typically works.

KG will make the choices.

Oh, and McDavid has to have a 2nd and 3rd opinion on his MRA results.  The Oilers may not have been thrilled with what the doctors told them, or them may want to be sure there is nothing wrong.  Nobody is saying.

It has been a week and they are still not sure it is broken.

Lets give them the summer to figure it out.

1 hour ago, Pyromancer said:

Still surprised a professional sports team doesn't have x-rays, CT scanners, and MRI's in their medical offices.

You would think having an array of these diagnostic machines would cost much less than Lucy's contract.

Must be like the team.  Can;t get anyone good to come there to work.

Worst run pro sports team in the NHL.

• 4 weeks later...

CBC reported yesterday that Daryl Katz is suffering from a serious infectious disease that gives him a 50-50 chance of surviving. I sure hope that his surgeries are successful. Apparently, he has had three surgeries over the last ten months for the sinus infection. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
54 minutes ago, ABC923 said:

So in nhl/oilers news, it seems most nhl teams are no longer going to support their message boards.  The flames are one of the few who are committed to continuing their support.  In short, the oilers fans are about to lose their message boards.  

I just took a look, and couldn't find it...   Maybe it's just a short term issue, but at the moment, it's gone...

1 hour ago, ABC923 said:

So in nhl/oilers news, it seems most nhl teams are no longer going to support their message boards.  The flames are one of the few who are committed to continuing their support.  In short, the oilers fans are about to lose their message boards.  

So, if we lose ours, where are you all going to be? FlamesNation? Reddit? 

Love. 

1 hour ago, Carty said:

I just took a look, and couldn't find it...   Maybe it's just a short term issue, but at the moment, it's gone...

I didn't realize it had happened already.  I skimmed there board last week though, and there was a topic devoted to the inevitable closing of the board.  I think it was Bronco who mentioned the flames board would remain.  The issue is that the nhl has paid for the server space for the message boards, but no longer will.  This leaves it up to the individual teams to foot the bill.  Not that it's a lot of money I'm sure.  Regardless, it's nice to know the flames are supporting the online community still.

1 hour ago, ABC923 said:

I didn't realize it had happened already.  I skimmed there board last week though, and there was a topic devoted to the inevitable closing of the board.  I think it was Bronco who mentioned the flames board would remain.  The issue is that the nhl has paid for the server space for the message boards, but no longer will.  This leaves it up to the individual teams to foot the bill.  Not that it's a lot of money I'm sure.  Regardless, it's nice to know the flames are supporting the online community still.

Do they have to pay those that run the boards too? 

8 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

The Calgary Flames have decided to keep our message boards running this season.  Hopefully, we get some good Oilers fans migrating over here to join us.  This year should have some good Battle of Albertas.

They will probably come over to ask what's wrong with Neal.

And why Smitty has to look so bad on glove high shots.

On 9/24/2019 at 8:21 PM, travel_dude said:

They will probably come over to ask what's wrong with Neal.

I'm honestly excited about how this is going to go down. I find the trade fascinating because i think both fans were quick to defend, but they'll also be just as quick to go "yeah, you were right..."

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

I'm honestly excited about how this is going to go down. I find the trade fascinating because i think both fans were quick to defend, but they'll also be just as quick to go "yeah, you were right..."

I laugh because when they played the Coyotes, first game of McDavid, Neal with Nuge and Gagner, Neal was a minus 3.

Fans reaction was bi-polar

Some were already starting to wonder if they were sold the wrong Neal.

Others were saying he would still score 25+.

I don't care either way with him.

He's not in the same situation as he was here.

He may be no better for them.

Who cares.

9 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I don't care either way with him.

He's not in the same situation as he was here.

He may be no better for them.

Who cares.

That's the way I look at it as well TD...   Neal had made no amount of significant contribution or had any success fitting in, no matter whether he was on the Flames top line, the 4th, or somewhere in between...   Most of the time he looked like he was coasting, and just putting in time to collect his cheque...   His face on the bench after he had made a bad hockey play said it all...   He looked like he really didn't give a Satoshi...

Maybe he gets more points with the Oil, but it doesn't really matter...   The Flames are better off with Lucic, who is overpaid, but will contribute more to the team than Neal did...   It was a trade of bad contracts, but my bet is that the Flames came out ahead on this one...

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

Watching the Oils fanbase turn on Neal if he continues his trend of underachievement should be entertaining...   :)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Carty said:

That's the way I look at it as well TD...   Neal had made no amount of significant contribution or had any success fitting in, no matter whether he was on the Flames top line, the 4th, or somewhere in between...   Most of the time he looked like he was coasting, and just putting in time to collect his cheque...   His face on the bench after he had made a bad hockey play said it all...   He looked like he really didn't give a Satoshi...

Maybe he gets more points with the Oil, but it doesn't really matter...   The Flames are better off with Lucic, who is overpaid, but will contribute more to the team than Neal did...   It was a trade of bad contracts, but my bet is that the Flames came out ahead on this one...

Even if Lucic plays down to the level of last year, at least he is a positive player on the bench.

Neal never stuck up for anyone.

Much like a Brouwer.

36 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Even if Lucic plays down to the level of last year, at least he is a positive player on the bench.

Neal never stuck up for anyone.

Much like a Brouwer.

Neal @ 6'2" & 221 lbs...   Brouwer @ 6'2" & 215 lbs...   and they both have a few things in common...   Neither one could even stick up for themselves let alone anyone else...   and they both forgot how to play hockey as soon as they signed the best contract of their careers...