Oilers

7 hours ago, conundrumed said:

That'll only make it more amusing.

Considering they have failed miserably in B2B games in the past, yes it will.

Their margin for error is one loss IIRC.

I wonder if the OBC decides to better their odds by demoting players that are playing well.

Whoops, I can't name any.

19 hours ago, travel_dude said:

The Oilers get a pretty easy schedule for this week.

Play teams the night after we play them.

3 teams in a row like that.

My first thought was that those kids down the street had better not have invited the Oilers down here. It is hard enough getting out of my area with all those kids out there. I guess what I am really saying is that I fail to understand the meaning of an "easy schedule" for the Oilers other than "week off".

On 3/24/2019 at 10:17 PM, travel_dude said:

The Oilers get a pretty easy schedule for this week.

Play teams the night after we play them.

3 teams in a row like that.

They had the easiest schedule in league this year.

Just really really want those teams to come out and shutdown McD and Drai

(oil can win just do not let those 2 get points in the scoring races)

34 minutes ago, JustAFlamer said:

They had the easiest schedule in league this year.

Just really really want those teams to come out and shutdown McD and Drai

(oil can win just do not let those 2 get points in the scoring races)

Makes sense to me.

They have nothing to lose, so it's pretty loose up there.

2 hours ago, rickross said:

It’s be great for them to somehow work their way out a top 10 draft spot.  It will at least show progress. :ph34r:

I hope that they get passed in the lottery by two teams that they were a single point behind them overall.

That loss is the Flames game.

Ultimate stick it to ya pigs.

1 hour ago, rickross said:

They’ll win the lottery no matter where they finish..would not surprise me one bit. Didn’t The Devils beat out the lottery a couple years back no? 

The Oilers string of luck is toast.

McDavid only recent one and I believe they changed the odds the next year.

2016 - beat out by WPG and CBJ

2018 - beat out by Carolina and MTL.

9 hours ago, travel_dude said:

The Oilers string of luck is toast.

McDavid only recent one and I believe they changed the odds the next year.

2016 - beat out by WPG and CBJ

2018 - beat out by Carolina and MTL.

Let’s hope so! I see Hitch is pushing hard to keep his coaching position. Hitch is the newest member of the OBC...he’s from Edmonton, guaranteed his Oiler pension now! 

If if they do win the Draft...it’s because of Toby Rieder:) 

53 minutes ago, rickross said:

Let’s hope so! I see Hitch is pushing hard to keep his coaching position. Hitch is the newest member of the OBC...he’s from Edmonton, guaranteed his Oiler pension now! 

If if they do win the Draft...it’s because of Toby Rieder:) 

If they lose it, it's because of Rieder and the water.

They need to find a POHO and a GM and a coach.

The GM usually hires the GM and the GM hires the coach.

If McDavid stays an Oiler, he will be a part of the OBC.

12 out of 13 years. 2 players with over 100 pts, potential 50 goal season all gone to waste! Glass half full though...they have become a perennial draft dynasty. 4 Draft Winning seasons and you could argue they’ve been in the lottery playoffs 12 of those years :D

Ryan Strome has now scored 17 goals since leaving the Oilers.  That 17 goals matches the teams contributions from the following players: Lucic, Khaira, Reider, Gagner, Spooner, and Cave.  It wouldn't be that big of a deal if the Oilers side wasn't looking at over 10m in the teams cap.

2 hours ago, sak22 said:

Ryan Strome has now scored 17 goals since leaving the Oilers.  That 17 goals matches the teams contributions from the following players: Lucic, Khaira, Reider, Gagner, Spooner, and Cave.  It wouldn't be that big of a deal if the Oilers side wasn't looking at over 10m in the teams cap.

The original trade was one thing.

Strome for Eberle.

Ya move on and accept a 35 point player for the pluses they bring.

Yet, they decided to trade when his value was low for Spooner, whose value was less.

Desperate trade for no good reason.

Stromes are overrated, but he was okay on the PK and could still chip in goals.

The trade that blew me away was Cagiula for Manning.

No sense at all.

The Oilers have two players signed that caused bodily harm to current Oilers; Kassian and Manning.

Not sure how Gagner can play woth that douche.

Guess he had little choice, being not good enough to crack the Nucks lineup. 

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-rumors-kelly-mccrimmon-dean-174913667.html

If Oiler fans thought Chiarelli is bad then oh boy wouldn't Lombardi be a great hire. Was a good GM with LA but in his later years the game passed him by.

McCrimmon is going to Seattle. Even if Edmonton makes him a good offer, Seattle will match or beat it, I'm sure they really want him as he was a big part in building Vegas.

Interesting no Mark Hunter on that list. Best looking name on there is Sean Burke

24 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

If Oiler fans thought Chiarelli is bad then oh boy wouldn't Lombardi be a great hire. Was a good GM with LA but in his later years the game passed him by.

McCrimmon is going to Seattle. Even if Edmonton makes him a good offer, Seattle will match or beat it, I'm sure they really want him as he was a big part in building Vegas.

Interesting no Mark Hunter on that list. Best looking name on there is Sean Burke

Seattle has better odds of icing a better team in year 1. I get why someone would choose them over Edmonton.

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Lombardi is very average.  He was lucky he was able to beg Darryl Sutter to unretire and quit his farming to coach the Kings.  Otherwise, that team was a lost cause and would never have won Cups.

Lombardi would be perfect for the Oilers.

On 2019-04-06 at 8:47 AM, cross16 said:

I think if the Oilers were smart they would do whatever it takes to get Rox Hextall. Not sure if he has interest but that's the name they should have on the top of their list. 

That would be an interesting move. Remember, you are talking about the Oilers though. I am not going to call them dumb, but how does "reality challenged" work? Right now, a bunch of them are arguing about whether Gio should be suspended for a hit that didn't cause McDavid any injury. May as well argue about whether that beer I never got to drink was the best beer ever. 

It sounds like the Oilers are intent on taking their time with a replacement. They had better not take too much time.

23 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

That would be an interesting move. Remember, you are talking about the Oilers though. I am not going to call them dumb, but how does "reality challenged" work? Right now, a bunch of them are arguing about whether Gio should be suspended for a hit that didn't cause McDavid any injury. May as well argue about whether that beer I never got to drink was the best beer ever. 

It sounds like the Oilers are intent on taking their time with a replacement. They had better not take too much time.

Considering that likely would have been your 16th beer on the night, maybe it was the best you never had.:P

The old George Burns line, "It only takes me one drink to get drunk, but I can never remember if it's the 15th or 16th". lol

Something tells me the Oilers will screw this up. Maybe they'll stick with the younger Gretzky.

I think the prerequisite is smoke cigars and drink Brandy and Scotch with the ol' boys.

On 2019-04-06 at 8:47 AM, cross16 said:

I think if the Oilers were smart they would do whatever it takes to get Rox Hextall. Not sure if he has interest but that's the name they should have on the top of their list. 

I agree with you but he was fired by the Flyers for being “too patient” he is an awesome GM but I don’t think Edmonton will hire someone like that. Katz wants playoffs even if it means squeaking in and losing in 5