Oilers

1 hour ago, medatswhoP said:

Looks like the greasers added a couple new forwards https://www.nhl.com/news/topic/trade-coverage/adam-henrique-sam-carrick-traded-to-edmonton-by-anaheim

When will they ever learn adding a couple more forwards albeit 4th line players is not there problem.

They will barely see ice time with the Mclotto ball and Draisaddle playing most of every game.

Henrique is a fine addition, if you like the hockey version of a MILF.

AH is a LHS C.  He would displace who?  Janmark on L2 RW?

SC would replace who?  Holloway on L4 C?

Sound eerily similar to last year TDL.

Bjugstad for a 3rd.

The grease team are not built for playoffs, they are a team that can produce regulation wins feeding from powerplay goals and O.T. goals with one line only.

Come playoffs they will struggle, Mclotto and line will get burned out.

2 hours ago, medatswhoP said:

The grease team are not built for playoffs, they are a team that can produce regulation wins feeding from powerplay goals and O.T. goals with one line only.

Come playoffs they will struggle, Mclotto and line will get burned out.

Well they have 8 players listed as C's.

They still have one of the worst D around.

They score but that's it.

The goalie is the only reason why they don't give up 5 per game.

I seem to always have one team that I find Extremely hard to like.

As McDavid slowly approaches 30 (and he seems more destined than ever to have his career remembered as the next Marcel Dionne), my feellings for Edmonton may soon shift from pure spite, to perhaps some form of pity.     A few people in management would need to get fired first, but it's possible.

Then as they struggle with mediocrity and an empty cupboard and bad salaries, the question is, do I spite a team?

Or will I grow up?

I've decided that I will not grow up yet.    Toronto is making a strong case for spite and has with me ever since BT went there.   I won't lie, I don't entirely mind the fact that they're not really doing anything special despite emptying all the cupboards for a "cup run".

Those poor souls also lack a message board.    I'm tempted to help out and make one for them here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjgallow said:

I seem to always have one team that I find Extremely hard to like.

As McDavid slowly approaches 30 (and he seems more destined than ever to have his career remembered as the next Marcel Dionne), my feellings for Edmonton may soon shift from pure spite, to perhaps some form of pity.     A few people in management would need to get fired first, but it's possible.

Then as they struggle with mediocrity and an empty cupboard and bad salaries, the question is, do I spite a team?

Or will I grow up?

I've decided that I will not grow up yet.    Toronto is making a strong case for spite and has with me ever since BT went there.   I won't lie, I don't entirely mind the fact that they're not really doing anything special despite emptying all the cupboards for a "cup run".

Those poor souls also lack a message board.    I'm tempted to help out and make one for them here.

Leave it to Kenny to screw up a team not needing more forwards.

Didn't trade away guys that suck, just added more of them.

The D is a problem and they added Stecher, who is best known as an offensive D.

They tried to trade Ceci for Tanev, which would have made too much sense for them.

The fan base is as annoying as ours is at times, and on par with the Leafs fans.

Either burn the jerseys or plan the parade.

Blame the coach, praise him when he gets them into the playoffs.

If you are stupid, the odds on favorite to win the cup.

Spend 100 win 400, if you buy into that.

Real contenders and teams that have played in the finals a lot better payout. 

6 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Leave it to Kenny to screw up a team not needing more forwards.

Didn't trade away guys that suck, just added more of them.

The D is a problem and they added Stecher, who is best known as an offensive D.

They tried to trade Ceci for Tanev, which would have made too much sense for them.

The fan base is as annoying as ours is at times, and on par with the Leafs fans.

Either burn the jerseys or plan the parade.

Blame the coach, praise him when he gets them into the playoffs.

If you are stupid, the odds on favorite to win the cup.

Spend 100 win 400, if you buy into that.

Real contenders and teams that have played in the finals a lot better payout. 

When they are underdogs and trying hard, they are bearable.   But it's been a lot of years.  not since their last cup run.

Have to admit, the Oilers forwards are looking good. I think they are deep, well balanced, and now they have lines they can use outside of just McDavid/Draisitl. How they got them is questionable, but they are there. 

That d though.... I really like the Ekholm-Bouchard pairing but past that it's pretty yikes. Think in the playoffs that core is gonna get exposed and i'm still not a believer that Skinner is good enough to cover that up. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Have to admit, the Oilers forwards are looking good. I think they are deep, well balanced, and now they have lines they can use outside of just McDavid/Draisitl. How they got them is questionable, but they are there. 

That d though.... I really like the Ekholm-Bouchard pairing but past that it's pretty yikes. Think in the playoffs that core is gonna get exposed and i'm still not a believer that Skinner is good enough to cover that up. 

The thing about the F is that they added two players and had a bottom 9 that scored 2 or less per line over the last 15 games or so.  I saw the graphic and was not surprised.  When the set lines don't score, they go back to the one line that always works.  

Yeah that D core.  Ekholm is the only guy that makes them better.  Bouchard scores most of the goals among that group.  Outside of one pair, they look really bad.  

On 3/9/2024 at 10:09 AM, travel_dude said:

The thing about the F is that they added two players and had a bottom 9 that scored 2 or less per line over the last 15 games or so.  I saw the graphic and was not surprised. 

When the set lines don't score, they go back to the one line that always works.

Yeah that D core.  Ekholm is the only guy that makes them better.  Bouchard scores most of the goals among that group.  Outside of one pair, they look really bad.  

Exactly, that's why I mentioned not built for playoff hockey.  Relying on one major line will not get you a cup, nor lucky enough to get out of the western conference.  I could be wrong but I I will admit I hope I'm not wrong as I cant stand to see this dirtbag of a team go deep into playoffs.  They rank right up there with Vegas as another team that just makes it really hard to hope for them.  It's the fanbase more so then the team that I cant personally stand but it is what it is.

7 hours ago, medatswhoP said:

Exactly, that's why I mentioned not built for playoff hockey.  Relying on one major line will not get you a cup, nor lucky enough to get out of the western conference.  I could be wrong but I I will admit I hope I'm not wrong as I cant stand to see this dirtbag of a team go deep into playoffs.  They rank right up there with Vegas as another team that just makes it really hard to hope for them.  It's the fanbase more so then the team that I cant personally stand but it is what it is.

I would be happy with Vegas winning a round, and VAN/DAL in the West Final.

The two top teams competing.

The best seeding I can think of is Round 1 of VAN/EDM and LA/Vegas.

Vegas is stumbling along witht now, so I don't know they would beat EDM.

But it would be sweet if they did.

I just can't picture a playoffs where a team wins becuase it gets 2-4 PPG per game.

The first round can be no whistles or a ton of them, but defensive play tightens up.

To me, it is mind boggling that the Oilers have gone so very many years without fixing their D and G.

Arguably, they have had two of the Top 10 forwards in the NHL for several years and they still are not even close to being a threat to win the Stanley Cup.

It is similar to how long the Flames took to find and sign a goalie like Markstrom.

You may have differing opinions on Markstrom, but you have to admit, G is not Calgary's biggest weakness right now, as it has been ever since Kipper.

47 minutes ago, 420since1974 said:

To me, it is mind boggling that the Oilers have gone so very many years without fixing their D and G.

Arguably, they have had two of the Top 10 forwards in the NHL for several years and they still are not even close to being a threat to win the Stanley Cup.

It is similar to how long the Flames took to find and sign a goalie like Markstrom.

You may have differing opinions on Markstrom, but you have to admit, G is not Calgary's biggest weakness right now, as it has been ever since Kipper.

Unfortunately, we may need to sacrifice that this summer.

We are a couple years away at least from being a real playoff team.

Time is running out for a cup, Draisaitl UFA next year and McLotto the year after.

In two years not winning a cup one or both will be gone is my prediction.

Nurse is locked in and wont be UFA until 2029 (horrible signing).

Basically in the next few years the Oil will be in the same boat as the Flames, every team has to go through it, lots of UFA next year on this team. They better win a cup soon.

TwGDM8x.png

• 2 weeks later...