The Unconditional Positivity Thread

conundrumed

17 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Can't help but agree. We aren't afraid of anyone. Let's go, set of 7, we're not intimidated. You might want to be, we're not. This should be a lot of fun.

A Canes vs Flames final would be sweet, then we could rehash the DH trade. The Canes still have Jamieson Rees, Anttoni Honka, and Noel Gunler to show for it, but chances are none see the NHL anytime soon, if ever.

Maybe getting a wee bit ahead of ourselves here but doesn't hurt to promote the positivity thread.:D

8 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

A Canes vs Flames final would be sweet, then we could rehash the DH trade. The Canes still have Jamieson Rees, Anttoni Honka, and Noel Gunler to show for it, but chances are none see the NHL anytime soon, if ever.

Maybe getting a wee bit ahead of ourselves here but doesn't hurt to promote the positivity thread.:D

To think they could've been Aho, Lindholm, Trochek down the middle. Yikes. They're 2nd to us in least goals allowed. No one else is really even very close.

14 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

Perhaps I missed it, but how did the last two guys come from the DH trade?

24 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

So, in retrospect, the only thing they managed was 3 picks from Fox.

Lost the other assets to FA.

No cups.

One 1st place in the division.

5 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

yessir

Yeah, I know....

We won the west once and were eliminated.

But we had Smith in nets.  Wasn't the only reason and while people suggest he played lights out, I would point to the fact he lost a bunch of games.  1st save, 2nd save, oops a goal.  Blame the defense.  They played a big part in it, but it came down to stopping the goals you need to.    

NY got the best of the deal we never made with them.  I don't really care.  They have made so many moves and spent a ton, and still have won nothing.    

Positivity - we have one of the best goalies in the league.  We have an awesome defense unit.  The top line is killing it and is vastly ignored by the NHL.  Combined +114 with 67 goals scored, and only 15 of those were on the PP.     

20 hours ago, robrob74 said:

A friend sent this to me on FB Messamger! Fitting for our streak. I wasn’t a Flames fan yet, in ‘86… 

Will forever be jealous of people for being able to watch some of the best Flames teams of all time in the 80s.

I was still a ways away from being born 😂.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Some context for our current win streak.

24 of 25 penalties killed.

Have only trailed for 37:25 of those 10 games.

37:01 of that was against Dallas.

The other 24 seconds was against Toronto.

Outscored the other teams 42-15.

see, I can define this as a good team. Other iterations of the flames teams had possession but didn’t have the other intangibles that make for a good team. This one has done so! It’s been fun to watch…

9 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Very well said. Folks have to get over the bolded.

Since this thread was started this year, perhaps that is the only season we need to talk about.  When you strike gold, you don't think about all the petrified dinosaur poop you have dug up over the years.  LOL.

36 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I'm thinking FaFo needs to be in our vocabulary diet.

Want to be physical, FaFo.

Wanna be end-to-end action? FaFo.

Want a goalie battle? FaFo.

Wanna fight? FaFo.

I'm sure there are many more you can help me with.

Wanna play the Flames?

Blockchain around Find out.

The filter turned it into BAFO.

It's good that we have something to be positive about.

I want us to beat the crap out of any Pacific teams.

Our only area that needs more consistency.

Likely the most important thing to fix.

2 losses to Sharks and 2 to EDM.

I thought we were the better team against the Oils.

The Sharks still seemed like they had our number.

Need to pound the Oilers next game and not give Drai or McToothless any space.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the MSM is starting to wake up.

Sutter current the favorate for Jack Adams.

Flames top Canadian team for odds of winning the cup.

Markstrom in conversation for Vezna.

Guess there is no more flying under the radar. 

Next thing we start heard about the Hart?

What were these guys watching before?

He are winning a lot more trequently, but it's not like we have changed the way we play.

• 4 weeks later...