The Unconditional Positivity Thread

conundrumed

4 hours ago, robrob74 said:

Zary sucks!  Can't even outpace Bedard! And is way older to boot! 😝

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

In-coming 5pt night!🤪

This rookie Connor competition remindes me of that '88-'89 Flames team with two small differences:

• They were named Joe, and they weren't rookies
  • They both played for the Flames

Love.

• 2 months later...

Not for nothing, but six points back of Vegas.

The key here is a game in hand as well

as the head to head next week. Flames have taken five of six points from Vegas this year. They need to win that game to have any chance.

Tied in RW and have more ROW. Tiebreakers could benefit Calgary. Theres no doubt that it is unlikely and will take a heck of a run, but the Flames play ANA and SJ twice. As well as ARI, CHI and MTL. The schedule becomes much more manageable after the next four games.

On the other hand, Vegas has won only twice in their last ten. They’re injured and trying to incorporate new bodies on the fly. Looking at bottom ten those opponents for Vegas, they’ve got CBJ(they just lost to them 6-3 this week), ARI, CHI and ANA remaining. 

I know the Flames play down to their competition, but win the games you should, make up the deficit.

Always fighting for the wild card is better than mathematically out but does being in the bottom five still get you in the first pick lotto?

Flames could use that more than a first round ousting, that is for sure. I'm not complaining just trying to discuss. 

Good for Zary for even being in the same discussion with #1 Bedard.