The Unconditional Positivity Thread

conundrumed

14 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

That's the motivation pic. "Do it or the cute little bunny's a goner"! Huska has a good handle on what he has and how to use. I get he's 5 years removed from the A but would still have a great handle on it. I think he'll do well. Nobody wants to be the demise of a cute little bunny.lol

That type of motivation seems more like a Sutter type thing, no?

I suspect we have  few "bunnies" that will hold their own this year.

Tiny Cute Rabbit Turn into Purple Monster Rabbit (हिंदी) || DESPICABLE ME 2  (2013) HD - YouTube

7 hours ago, oldschoolplayer said:

What the... bunny... is ELC? 

3 year Entry-Level Contracts of the kids. Wolf and Pelletier are on their 3rd and last year, Zary has 2 more left. Detroit has Seider, Raymond and Berggren in their 3rd year, which is why they can't spend to the cap and have 1 year/expiring deals foreseeing some pretty big signings for next year.

14 hours ago, conundrumed said:

... Detroit has Seider, Raymond and Berggren in their 3rd year, which is why they can't spend to the cap and have 1 year/expiring deals foreseeing some pretty big signings for next year.

I'm glad you understand all that business stuff. I just see the available players to ice, and how they can succeed. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 1:09 PM, jjgallow said:

yeah coaching was just one piece.

One thing I did find telling, is that by Conroy mentioning it, there was an implication that he wishes we had hired staff capable of positivity, hope, occasionally smiling.   Cooper's a pretty good example of that translating into success.

Again I'm not a Sutter hater.   But...  back to the topic, a little positivity can go a long way.  We could use a few more Bob Johnsons.    I have liked basically all of Conroy's moves so far.    While the fans are in a panic, I'm actually seeing a pretty steady hand with him, and also a new message/direction that teams need.   If you're gonna be here then be here.  Be positive, contribute positively.        That's what I see in the hires.    I like it.

Yeah, Badger Bob was an amazing coach and motivator.  What was it, 1986 playoffs, just lost game 4 versus Edmonton to go down 1- 3.  Badger Bob's post-game presser(?).... "We've got 'em just where we want them".  Flames go on to win 3 straight and the series... Yeah Baby!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cberg said:

Yeah, Badger Bob was an amazing coach and motivator.  What was it, 1986 playoffs, just lost game 4 versus Edmonton to go down 1- 3.  Badger Bob's post-game presser(?).... "We've got 'em just where we want them".  Flames go on to win 3 straight and the series... Yeah Baby!!!

I was just barely too young to see that lol, thank you.   

I don't know of any comparables today that would put out quote like that.  Conroy does come to mind though lol

On 8/6/2023 at 8:14 AM, jjgallow said:

I was just barely too young to see that lol, thank you.   

I don't know of any comparables today that would put out quote like that.  Conroy does come to mind though lol

That was oldtime wisdom. Use your opponents own momentum to take him down! FANTASTIC

Badger was like a father to us all. What a beautiful person. Masterful coach. He brought the best out of all of his players. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldschoolplayer said:

That was oldtime wisdom. Use your opponents own momentum to take him down! FANTASTIC

Badger was like a father to us all. What a beautiful person. Masterful coach. He brought the best out of all of his players. 

I believe/hope that kind of attitude is where the Flames are headed.    

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I'm really looking fwd to is Coronato. Will he make the team this year? I'm a resounding yes.

As I get the Big 10 channel here as part of my normal cable package, I see a lot of college hockey. Namely the hockey factories that are Minnesota and Michigan.

I see Fantilli, Cooley and Knies as shoo-ins for the NHL this season. I think Coronato isn't a step down from any of them except prolly Cooley. If I were to take Coronato from an avg Harvard team last year and put him on Michigan or Minny, I think we'd be way more jacked to see him. I think he's right there with Knies and not far off of Fantilli. Cooley is likely on another planet because his playmaking is ridiculous.

I really don't think Coronato is going to have an AHL year and I don't think it will take him long to start scoring.

Not to put wind in the sails, I firmly believe Coronato is a really good player and will turn into a difference maker. I really don't have any skepticism with that. He was quite handily Harvard's best player, the rest of the team was quite avg.

I firmly believe a line of Pelletier-Kadri-Coronato is the ticket. Get Kadri back to being a playmaker and 2nd scoring threat on his line. Pelletier's a great playmaker. Both wingers are pretty solid at the 200' game.

That makes 1RW Sharangovich's to lose, or finally give Dube a shot there.

Get your young guys in spots to succeed with solid players, not 3rd-4th line bits and pieces.

7 hours ago, conundrumed said:

One thing I'm really looking fwd to is Coronato. Will he make the team this year? I'm a resounding yes.

As I get the Big 10 channel here as part of my normal cable package, I see a lot of college hockey. Namely the hockey factories that are Minnesota and Michigan.

I see Fantilli, Cooley and Knies as shoo-ins for the NHL this season. I think Coronato isn't a step down from any of them except prolly Cooley. If I were to take Coronato from an avg Harvard team last year and put him on Michigan or Minny, I think we'd be way more jacked to see him. I think he's right there with Knies and not far off of Fantilli. Cooley is likely on another planet because his playmaking is ridiculous.

I really don't think Coronato is going to have an AHL year and I don't think it will take him long to start scoring.

Not to put wind in the sails, I firmly believe Coronato is a really good player and will turn into a difference maker. I really don't have any skepticism with that. He was quite handily Harvard's best player, the rest of the team was quite avg.

I firmly believe a line of Pelletier-Kadri-Coronato is the ticket. Get Kadri back to being a playmaker and 2nd scoring threat on his line. Pelletier's a great playmaker. Both wingers are pretty solid at the 200' game.

That makes 1RW Sharangovich's to lose, or finally give Dube a shot there.

Get your young guys in spots to succeed with solid players, not 3rd-4th line bits and pieces.

Pretty much agreed on Coronato.  I won't be disappointed if he goes to the AHL though.  Would be really good to see him light it up there and develop into a leader.   I give it 60% chance he cracks Flames lineup and also hoping they set him up for success if they go that way.  I don't know that Honzek Should make the team but I'm expecting him to surprise people at camp so for that purpose, interested.

3 hours ago, jjgallow said:

Pretty much agreed on Coronato.  I won't be disappointed if he goes to the AHL though.  Would be really good to see him light it up there and develop into a leader.   I give it 60% chance he cracks Flames lineup and also hoping they set him up for success if they go that way.  I don't know that Honzek Should make the team but I'm expecting him to surprise people at camp so for that purpose, interested.

I don't expect Honzek at all. Even a cup of coffee. Last year was his 1st in NA and he missed 25 games to injury. I do realize he played in the Slovakian pro league at 17.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

An argument could be made that it's not legal because there's a point when the puck isn't being advanced forward at the top of the circle. I suspect that in a regular season game, this one wouldn't count.

Love.

I was thinking the same, he pulls it back ever so slightly. Made it look easy from there though.

49 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

An argument could be made that it's not legal because there's a point when the puck isn't being advanced forward at the top of the circle. I suspect that in a regular season game, this one wouldn't count.

Love.

Wouldn't have passed the sniff test regular season.

He cut back when he skated into the circle.  Too obvious