Oilers

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

I agree in principle but then look at this 3rd/4th lines. They are pretty brutal so while I totally agree in principle that you need to roll lines how can you when you don' thave NHL calibre depth? It's just like the Flames under Ward where sure they would try and play those lines but then the lines would get their teeth kicked in. 

LIke I said he is not without fault and i'm not a huge fan of his but do we really think a new coach is going to fix this? I just see a mess of a roster that no coach is coming in and making better. 

Their team is poorly constructed but the Oilers still run and gun with their 4th line which sort of points to lazy coaching.  No game plan.  Wants every line to play the same way and same system, same style, etc.

I think they would do way better if they sink into a defense first team where 3-lines main goal is to waste time until McDavid-Draisaitl are on the ice together.  

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Yup. When your struggling, when is it ever a good idea to direct all of the pressure and negativity on your goalie?

This is Always the best way.  Especially when you're the coach and they're likely either to fire the coach or trade the goalie to appease fans.

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

It is fun to watch the losses pile up and Holland's deer-in-the-headlights look. He's going to do something stupid.
Detroit says hi, and good luck Edmonton.

I would suggest that DET is saying thank F we parted ways with Capmaster Kenny.

Blame the coach.

Blame the goalie.

Need to go all-in by trading a 1st roun pick.

Or maybe a "stud" like Lavoie.

EDM believes that a player like Bouchard and Nurse are defensive studs.

Last year, Barrie was a Norris snub, but this year is a goat.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

I would suggest that DET is saying thank F we parted ways with Capmaster Kenny.

Blame the coach.

Blame the goalie.

Need to go all-in by trading a 1st roun pick.

Or maybe a "stud" like Lavoie.

EDM believes that a player like Bouchard and Nurse are defensive studs.

Last year, Barrie was a Norris snub, but this year is a goat.

It was amazing how quickly Yzerman was announced GM, Holland an "advisor" and he bolted to Edmonton. Running scared before Yzerman could fully grasp how badly Holland was managing the D into hell.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

It was amazing how quickly Yzerman was announced GM, Holland an "advisor" and he bolted to Edmonton. Running scared before Yzerman could fully grasp how badly Holland was managing the D into hell.

He's great to have if you want to head into another rebuild.  imho seems like a good fit.

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Not really. His contracts are debilitating to reach a rebuild. Untradeable contracts.

Not to mention while he get praise as a good drafter and talent evaluator he really isn't, at least not IMO. Hakan Andersson is the real reason Holland gets the reputation he gets IMO. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Not to mention while he get praise as a good drafter and talent evaluator he really isn't, at least not IMO. Hakan Andersson is the real reason Holland gets the reputation he gets IMO. 

He left Detroit in ashes with horrible filler contracts needing buyouts or 1/2 retained. Green, Nielson, Abdelkader, still stuck with DeKeyser.

The nightmare that was Ken Holland is almost over. Stevie is god-level for D fans. Simply by being pragmatic, honestly.

Still drafting extremely well without Holland. Go figure. The trades are now epic, rather than outright disasters. Gave a good price for Leddy, he's been really good. The Isles couldn't protect him. Even Marc Staal has been a good add to stabilize the kids. But Holland's leftover way overpaid DeKeyser's gotta go. Brings nothing for $5mil. Final year thankfully. Staal year to year, Leddy likely to get a good term deal, he's been really good. Great D prospects, Leddy will be the vet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, medatswhoP said:

A couple more losses they will probably start making some major trades for first rounds picks, this can only get worse for them. A loss for Edmonton almost feels as good as a Flame win lately,  "is that normal"?

A loss is aking to a Flames win, because it keeps them below us in the standings and gives us a free game to increase our lead.  Also, it means that they will get passed in the standings by another team and make panick decisions.  Like trading for Keith or signing Turris.  Or trading a Strome for a knob. 

52 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Seems like the former douchebags end up reformed and playing well on their new team.

DeAngelo playing well in CAR.

Nobody wanted him.

On another note, Oils get back McD, Ryan and Barrie and lose Bouchard, Perlini, Koekkoek, Konolov and Yamamoto.