Stockton Heat Updates [2016-2017]

55 minutes ago, JA_Boomer said:

Is anyone aware of what the defense pairing are when Kulak, Andersson, and Wotherspoon are all playing?

Is Culkin hurt or scratched most nights? He's promising play 2 years ago sure seems to be a fading memory.

Kulak injured.  Culkin may be injured because he's not in the lineup and not assigned to Addy.  Kanzig is playing.

Spoon was playing with Andersson on the 1st pair.  Andersson now in CGY.

21 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Kulak injured.  Culkin may be injured because he's not in the lineup and not assigned to Addy.  Kanzig is playing.

Spoon was playing with Andersson on the 1st pair.  Andersson now in CGY.

Thanks. There was a few games where I thought Kulak, Andersson, and Spoon all dressed, was just wondering who got bumped to the 2'nd pair.

4 hours ago, travel_dude said:

On another note, Tim Harrison has signed an ATO to play in Stockton.  His college career is done.

Pollack is now up with Stockton because of Klimchuk's injury. 

Nit picking, but to clarify he actually signed an ATO with Adirondack. He'll play at the ECHL level not the AHL right now which makes sense to me. he may not be worth an AHL deal at this point. Some good attributes but he really hasn't taken steps forward offensively you would want to see. Give him a chance to maybe earn an AHL deal next year 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Nit picking, but to clarify he actually signed an ATO with Adirondack. He'll play at the ECHL level not the AHL right now which makes sense to me. he may not be worth an AHL deal at this point. Some good attributes but he really hasn't taken steps forward offensively you would want to see. Give him a chance to maybe earn an AHL deal next year 

Nit pick if you like.  I read it wrong.  It was indeed a low risk way of seeing if he can impress enough for a AHL deal next season.

2 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Good to see him coming over to North America.

I agree.  I have been hoping that he would come over here for the last little while.  I like the kind of game he brings.  Reminds me a bit of Regher, without the awesome offense. :)  Actually, I could care less about the offense as we don't have anyone other than Engelland that provides that big body, hard hitting presence.  AT least that's what I remember of AOM.  Though he looked good in the WJC until he got injured.

I'm happy he is coming here too and hopefully this is a precursor to him signing. Big, physical stay at home dman but with a decent first pass as well and someone who I think could transition quickly to the NA game. Mobility needs some work but it looked to be improving over the years. He adds a element the flames need in Stockton. 

Being in the top league in Sweden you would think his mobility would be at it's best I guess they will just take any one who can wave a stick. :) I hope he can stay here on NA turf and become a great commodity for the Flames as a player or a chip in a quality trade. I know not nice he just got here. But in my defence we have Hickey coming I hope and he is also a stay at home D man with a hug up side lots of mobility. You can have so many of that type of player me thinks.

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I like seeing Gillies gets time in NHL practices, I hope that he gets to return for the AHL playoffs.

In other words, CJ needs to get back soon.

Janko is leading the team in almost every category.  Have 7 other skater with >= 10 goals.

Poirier hasn;t played wiith the team for some time now, due to personal reasons.

One player I wished we had kept was Agostino.  League MVP and 83 points this season.  May never be a NHL star, but I thought the decision to let him walk was not the best.

Might just have been clearing house of Feaster trade results.