Stockton Heat Updates [2016-2017]

Jagr officially on IR, so he's out a week.

The need isn't for a center, though.  That is unless you re-work the present lines.

Mangiapane is the most deserving (IMHO) if you call up a winger.  Nobody on Stockton is going to replace Jagr on the top line.

I would also suggest it's time to waive a player and bring up Janko permanently.  Give them Stajan in Stockton, or enjoy watching Glass fight.

Any guesses on first recall?

Janko to see some action and delay the inevitable waiving of a player?

Mangiapane to replace a wing spot and bring in a high octane speedy player?

Ole' Hathaway to bring in more of the grit and less of the scoring ability?  

47 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Jagr officially on IR, so he's out a week.

The need isn't for a center, though.  That is unless you re-work the present lines.

Mangiapane is the most deserving (IMHO) if you call up a winger.  Nobody on Stockton is going to replace Jagr on the top line.

I would also suggest it's time to waive a player and bring up Janko permanently.  Give them Stajan in Stockton, or enjoy watching Glass fight.

Any guesses on first recall?

Janko to see some action and delay the inevitable waiving of a player?

Mangiapane to replace a wing spot and bring in a high octane speedy player?

Ole' Hathaway to bring in more of the grit and less of the scoring ability?  

Janks. No way they can bring anyone else up for a forward position injury. If you need an excuse then he played some wing his first and second season in college. Good time to put him with Bennett on wing and have Janks center the 3rd line. Move Ferland or any other warm body up to score a bunch of points with JH and Mony.

46 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Janks. No way they can bring anyone else up for a forward position injury. If you need an excuse then he played some wing his first and second season in college. Good time to put him with Bennett on wing and have Janks center the 3rd line. Move Ferland or any other warm body up to score a bunch of points with JH and Mony.

He's the most obvious.  It's also cheap.  Total lack of decision making to do it just because of Jagr.  Never mind the issues with the team or player that perhaps shouldn't be here over Janko.  MY fear with this type of recall is that they use him on the 4th line with Brouwer and Glass, and just move Stajan up.

Mang-Featured.jpg

Mangiapane, New AHL Scoring Leader

October 26, 2017/in News /by Chris Picher

Andrew Mangiapane (4-8-12) added a goal and an assist last night for the Stockton Heat, giving him the AHL lead in points. Mangiapane has now recorded at least one point in all seven games this season for the Stockton Heat.

The second-year winger continued his strong to the season start last night, despite linemate Mark Jankowski’s departure to Calgary. Mangiapane and Garnet Hathaway did not skip a beat with Brett Findlay slotted in between the two in the 4-3 shootout loss last night in San Diego. Mangiapane had a hand in two of three goals and also scored in the first round of the shootout.

Mangiapane’s third period assist punched his name into the Stockton Heat record books, making him the first player in club history to record an assist in six consecutive games. The 21-year-old passed Colby Robak and Linden Vey on the list, and he now stands alone in Heat history.

• Like 1

It's too bad we don;t play prospects.  Mangiapane, Andersson and Kylington are off to a quick start.

They should get help from Janko soon enough.  

First home game for the kid and he gets the bench.

He wasn't the best player out there, but there was no reason to bench him.

Stajan was 1/5 on the dot, and that doesn;t include the many times he was tossed.

Janko was 5/8, 4/4 in the O-zone.  Doesn't that tell you something???

13 hours ago, travel_dude said:

It's too bad we don;t play prospects.  Mangiapane, Andersson and Kylington are off to a quick start.

They should get help from Janko soon enough.  

First home game for the kid and he gets the bench.

He wasn't the best player out there, but there was no reason to bench him.

Stajan was 1/5 on the dot, and that doesn;t include the many times he was tossed.

Janko was 5/8, 4/4 in the O-zone.  Doesn't that tell you something???

Yeah, becoming less and less enthralled with GG every passing day.  Good to see him get agitated but how he handles players doesn't seem to be working.  Sending a message to Jankowski seems premature, especially when he should have been ripping about a third of the team before he even thought of Jankowski.  Still hard to believe Bennett 0-0-0, how does that happen when I think he's played some good games?   Something has got to give soon, results count.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far he has 1 goal and 6 points in 17 games. It seems like he is struggling to get adjusted to the pro game, which isn't out ordinary. It appears as guys like Shinkaruk and Poirier are moving up the lineup and getting more minutes while Foo slips down the lineup.

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎27 at 9:15 AM, JTech780 said:

So far he has 1 goal and 6 points in 17 games. It seems like he is struggling to get adjusted to the pro game, which isn't out ordinary. It appears as guys like Shinkaruk and Poirier are moving up the lineup and getting more minutes while Foo slips down the lineup.

THX JT. Definitely have to keep an eye on this kid.

• 1 month later...

Tyler Parsons was sent back down KC and Mason McDonald was called up to Stockton. Parsons has had a tough go of it this year, including his first two games for Stockton. I think he just needs more playing time.

I haven't 100% given up on McDonald but he better start doing something soon to show he can hack it as a pro goalie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Amazing that it comes down to this.  

SD playing against the top team in the division and needing to get at least to OT to clinch.

Stockton able to clinch with a win and SD regulation loss.

Gillies comes in when it's basically over and wins two in a row against the Reign.

Need a big win over the fish.

No choice but to go to Gillies tonight.  Rittich has lost something and needs to find it before he starts again.

Good to see Dube, Foo, Andersson, Kylington on the scoresheet.

Would be nice to see one Flames team actually make something of their chances.  

Just win your own game and let the chips fall.

Too bad we missed the playoffs in the AHL too.

How are our prospects supposed to develop if we don’t put the stock in Stockton to make the playoffs. When developing they NEED that urgency the playoffs bring. I get it, NHL experience is good too, but I think that playoff experience is the best way to develop that desire, the hate to lose. 

Apparently i I am disgruntled. 

45 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Too bad we missed the playoffs in the AHL too.

How are our prospects supposed to develop if we don’t put the stock in Stockton to make the playoffs. When developing they NEED that urgency the playoffs bring. I get it, NHL experience is good too, but I think that playoff experience is the best way to develop that desire, the hate to lose. 

Apparently i I am disgruntled. 

Worse is that if we had won, we would have been in the playoffs.