Western Conference Playoffs

conundrumed

I thought Van looked pretty much like hot garbage, and it was closer than it should have been. They looked flat to start and never really turned on any sustained momentum. You'd assume with a backup goalie that you'd want to really pound shots/attack the net from the get-go, as the road team, especially. They just never really put the work boots on at all.

1 hour ago, 420since1974 said:

Dallas has to make to SC Final for it to benefit the Flames.

Vancouver has to make to the Conference Final.

that depends, some here would prefer to pick at 25 than 29,30 or 31. If Van made it and won it would be 32... 

7 spots up, is it worth it?

15 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

that depends, some here would prefer to pick at 25 than 29,30 or 31. If Van made it and won it would be 32... 

7 spots up, is it worth it?

25 Doesn't seem possible, on top of Edmonton winning they need 2 3-1 comebacks and a 3-0, while so far Carolina and Boston have survived well, expecting all 3 to pull off those is not something I'm getting worked up over.  At this rate I don't see Vancouver getting past Dallas, so for me it is the difference between 27-29 so I would rather they win this round and jump from 107 to 94.

• Like 2

Makar drags Colorado back into the series.   They are just too deep to roll over.

Their goaltending, however, was unchanged.   I can't see the harm in playing their backup at this point, especially when they have a good one.

12 hours ago, cberg said:

It would be nice if Dallas punched their ticket to the next round tonight.  Does that upgrade the Flames pick or do they have to win 3 rounds?

Dallas has to make the finals, then it's an added 3rd rd pick in 2026, not an upgraded pick. No SCF, no pick transferred.

The real reason Conny wants Tanev to win a cup. lol

Also why it sucked for us that Dallas and Vegas met in the 1st rd, as Vegas needed to win 1 rd to upgrade this year's 3rd rder to next year's 2nd rder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Dallas has to make the finals, then it's an added 3rd rd pick in 2026, not an upgraded pick. No SCF, no pick transferred.

The real reason Conny wants Tanev to win a cup. lol

Also why it sucked for us that Dallas and Vegas met in the 1st rd, as Vegas needed to win 1 rd to upgrade this year's 3rd rder to next year's 2nd rder.

Well, that came down to game 82 didn't it.  

Oh well, the loss of the 2025 2nd means we get a better 2024 3rd.

Not sure of the order for their picks this year.

The unknown 2nd would have been nice, though.

At worst, still better than a 3rd.

34 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Well, that came down to game 82 didn't it.  

Oh well, the loss of the 2025 2nd means we get a better 2024 3rd.

Not sure of the order for their picks this year.

The unknown 2nd would have been nice, though.

At worst, still better than a 3rd.

Pick #84 this year. Not bad. Obviously not better than 2nd next year. Yeah, Vegas just needed to beat Anaheim to avoid Dallas. It was Anaheim's game 7 for the Cup, I guess. Never fails. Your season's over, so get out there and be lights out. That, and, umm, Dostal can win games by himself. Looks great in the WHC too. Dude's a 'tender alright. 24 soon and another year of ELC. He's a grand slam 3rd rd pick, just has to wait for the other kids to get there. They have a ton of young talent.

Dostal's looking like he'll long be their MVP though. So who wants Gibson for 3 more years at $6.4 per? Ouch.

Prolly 1 of the 10 teams on his NTC. lol

11 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Credit to Vancouver they played really well in the final 40.

This has been an amazing series. I think this is the type of hockey we thought we were gonna see in 2022.

Well that series was a mess from game 1 onwards.  Not sure what the plan was.  Let McD wind up speed?  Let Drai loaf around and not check him?  Take penalties?

I thought that VAN played all but the first period well.  They were able to keep the Oiler PP off the board at least.  They were playing with fire all night.  5 PP's.  The one on Petey was stupid.  Janmark skated into him, and he just stood his ground.  Charging while standing still?  Wasn't a pick because he didn't move to get in the guy's way.  IMHO.

EDM will likely go back to Skinner.  Pickard didn't lose them the game.  But Skinner is their guy in the organization.    

6 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Well that series was a mess from game 1 onwards.  Not sure what the plan was.  Let McD wind up speed?  Let Drai loaf around and not check him?  Take penalties?

I thought that VAN played all but the first period well.  They were able to keep the Oiler PP off the board at least.  They were playing with fire all night.  5 PP's.  The one on Petey was stupid.  Janmark skated into him, and he just stood his ground.  Charging while standing still?  Wasn't a pick because he didn't move to get in the guy's way.  IMHO.

EDM will likely go back to Skinner.  Pickard didn't lose them the game.  But Skinner is their guy in the organization.    

That was the worst charging call I've ever seen. Then the clear embellishment from McDavid on a play that was called interference against the Canucks is classic NHL favoritism bullSatoshi Nakamoto. 

It makes me sick to my stomach.

It's tough choosing which team to cheer for Van or Edm. I just know every time I try to cheer for Edm I get the dry heaves. So for my health and the betterment of those around me. Go Van.

• Like 2

Damn EST, I was unable to do the OT that began at 1am. 

Lots of great performances. Right on Dallas, great game.

2 bonafide playoff games last night. Such a game of inches and bounces.

One going right or wrong decides it. Though Dallas’ first OT goal should have counted. I’m glad the Avs didn’t win, the constant expert opinions would drive me batty.

I'm also very happy that Dallas took the series, they were the better team. Nice to be still in the mix for that extra pick in 2026. Also very happy for Tanev, I'm rooting for that guy!

I also love what Big Z is doing in this round! His continued punishment on that pos Kane is pure entertainment:)

• Like 1

Did others see the scoring feed go to 3-1 in overtime?   I sure did lol, was fixed later.

I'm not sure if someone heard "scores in double-overtime" as "double-scores in overtime", or,

if they had a data entry employee not at all pleased about the no-goal.  lol

I am quite surprised Colorado didn't try Annunen.  Although Georgiev didn't lose the final game for them.

I'm still not paying attention the the "Dallas model" talk but might need to change my ways if they win another series.

6 hours ago, jjgallow said:

Did others see the scoring feed go to 3-1 in overtime?   I sure did lol, was fixed later.

I'm not sure if someone heard "scores in double-overtime" as "double-scores in overtime", or,

if they had a data entry employee not at all pleased about the no-goal.  lol

I am quite surprised Colorado didn't try Annunen.  Although Georgiev didn't lose the final game for them.

I'm still not paying attention the the "Dallas model" talk but might need to change my ways if they win another series.

I think Dallas takes the west, personally.

Them and NYR have been the most impressive teams in this postseason for me.

• Like 1