GM Craig Conroy

Thebrewcrew

What he said in the interview was, "we told our scouts to be ready, put the work in, we will get picks for you." Just before that he said that the organization believes in the scouting. 

it's nice breath of fresh air to hear a philosophy shift

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

What he said in the interview was, "we told our scouts to be ready, put the work in, we will get picks for you." Just before that he said that the organization believes in the scouting. 

it's nice breath of fresh air to hear a philosophy shift

What he meant was he was trading the scouts for picks.

I think that's all he can say now.

He's not giving any away now, just that he will try to get more.

7 confirmed picks right now (2 in 1st) with a possible 4th rounder.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

What he meant was he was trading the scouts for picks.

I think that's all he can say now.

He's not giving any away now, just that he will try to get more.

7 confirmed picks right now (2 in 1st) with a possible 4th rounder.

The fourth rounder is guaranteed and that fourth rounder turns into a third round if the Canucks make it to the West finals. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

The fourth rounder is guaranteed and that fourth rounder turns into a third round if the Canucks make it to the West finals. 

Thanks for that.  I had only heard it was a 4th uf they made the finals.

Honestly I was shocked that it went down now.

He was going to the ASG as a Flame.

Not like he deserved it.

I love his faceoff ability, but that's about it this year.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Thanks for that.  I had only heard it was a 4th uf they made the finals.

Honestly I was shocked that it went down now.

He was going to the ASG as a Flame.

Not like he deserved it.

I love his faceoff ability, but that's about it this year.

I think he's a really good player with a heart that just wasn't in it this season. With the right linemates he can be lethal. 

I get they'd play him as a second line C, but the Canucks have the option, much like the top teams in the West, to load a line of Petterson, Miller, Lindholm, and Boesser along with Hughes when the chips are down.  

Just now, robrob74 said:

I think he's a really good player with a heart that just wasn't in it this season. With the right linemates he can be lethal. 

I get they'd play him as a second line C, but the Canucks have the option, much like the top teams in the West, to load a line of Petterson, Miller, Lindholm, and Boesser along with Hughes when the chips are down.  

I can't fault him for losing his game this year.

It was sad to see, but he was never carrying any line this year.

Give him a 30 goal guy and they will get 40.

I will say that players don't always work out when they go to a new team.

Sharky did, Tkachuk did, Hubey and Johnny didn't.

If they can't use him right, they pay a ton and won't try to sign him.

Lindy does have a chance to bleed some team for $$.

VAN will try to get it done.

Honestly, I don't even know if we got worse on the ice.

There is not a huge difference between the two main players in the trade in terms of their potential range.   Even though I wanted a rebuild I think this was just a really great trade trade.   Rebuild aside.

Prospect and pick wise, a massive boost.

Conroy is coming through as a GM who bides their time, and when they Do make a move they nail it.

I like.

1 minute ago, jjgallow said:

There is not a huge difference between the two main players in the trade in terms of their potential range.   Even though I wanted a rebuild I think this was just a really great trade trade.   Rebuild aside.

Conroy is coming through as a GM who bides their time, and when they Do make a move they nail it.

I like.

Depends.  If rumours are true that COL was offering Cal Ritchie then I think that's the way we should've went.  Conroy may have got sucked in by Kuzmenko because win-now.  Kuzmenko should play for us one year and help us win games.

9 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

I like.

I think that the losses are coming. Which is ok .

This trade essentially signifies that management is pulling the plug on this group. 

In the past ten days they’ve removed four of their regular twelve forwards.

Probably talking about a 4th line consisting of mostly players that have spent the bulk of the season playing for the Wranglers. Again, not a bad thing, but I do believe the losses will pile up.

26 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Depends.  If rumours are true that COL was offering Cal Ritchie then I think that's the way we should've went.  Conroy may have got sucked in by Kuzmenko because win-now.  Kuzmenko should play for us one year and help us win games.

The rumours, are they ever true?  Taking Kuz doesn't mean win now.

I don't think you expect that after sending out your top C.

And it's not like this is the last trade we make.

This pretty much signals the end of the season as far as expectations.

Next up, Tanev and Hanifin.

You don't trade the C for a winger and D prospects unless you are selling.

As far as passing on a COL deal, I think the impact to us would be longer term him going there.

We have enough trouble beating them.  VAN we can handle some nights.

COL we can barely ever beat them.

If he did well, we would face him for years to come.

15 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

The rumours, are they ever true?  Taking Kuz doesn't mean win now.

I don't think you expect that after sending out your top C.

And it's not like this is the last trade we make.

This pretty much signals the end of the season as far as expectations.

Next up, Tanev and Hanifin.

You don't trade the C for a winger and D prospects unless you are selling.

As far as passing on a COL deal, I think the impact to us would be longer term him going there.

We have enough trouble beating them.  VAN we can handle some nights.

COL we can barely ever beat them.

If he did well, we would face him for years to come.

I don't mean Kuz is win-now as in he would actually make us win-now.  If the COL rumours were true then we are looking at,

O'Connor < Kuzmenko

Ritchie > Brzustewicz

It's as simple as that.  Take the COL deal because the prospect has a higher ceiling if rebuilding.  Take the VAN deal if you want the better NHL player to win-now.

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

to be fair the Athletic article that outlined the potential Lindholm trades was written by 2 writers who speculated on what they thought the return would look like. I’ve never heard a rumor that Colorado actually offered Ritchie. 

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I think that the losses are coming. Which is ok .

This trade essentially signifies that management is pulling the plug on this group. 

In the past ten days they’ve removed four of their regular twelve forwards.

Probably talking about a 4th line consisting of mostly players that have spent the bulk of the season playing for the Wranglers. Again, not a bad thing, but I do believe the losses will pile up.

Add that 2 are C's and 1 had spent a fair amount of time as a C.  We may be seeing more of Cole Schwindt and maybe the return of the Roon-dog, now that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, subtract 2 top 4 dmen and add more time for Oesterle and that's downright scary.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The_People1 said:

i think just rumors.

I don't think that can affect how we score Conroy.  too speculative.

But for what it's worth, while I'm surely in the minority I'd prefer Hunter Brzustewicz over Ritchie.   Not even taking into account the first and fourth rounders.

This was a decent trade. The standard template for a high profile player is a first, a great prospect, and a decent NHL player. 

Conroy got the first. I am not high on Kuzmenko, but he fills a need and is someone we may be able to flip for another asset. The prospect is decent. If that was it I would say the trade was just okay. But adding another mid pick and prospect improves things. 

I don't think this is a home run like some are suggesting. But given Lindholm's play this year it's a very decent return. 

53 minutes ago, kehatch said:

This was a decent trade. The standard template for a high profile player is a first, a great prospect, and a decent NHL player. 

Conroy got the first. I am not high on Kuzmenko, but he fills a need and is someone we may be able to flip for another asset. The prospect is decent. If that was it I would say the trade was just okay. But adding another mid pick and prospect improves things. 

I don't think this is a home run like some are suggesting. But given Lindholm's play this year it's a very decent return. 

Which rental trade of the last 20 years would you say was a complete home run?   I think you are wrong with that template and not many actually get the first + a great prospect, most are okay at best.  Very few trades actually change the fortunes of the a team, we have a little more in the cupboard than we did a day ago with 2 more picks, everything we received could not pan out, but the alternatives were lose him for nothing or sign him to a ridiculous contract.

1 hour ago, kehatch said:

When you trade for prospects and picks, you are taking a risk.

This may have been the best prospects available in trade, so there is no real way to compare.

I wanted to sign Kuz when he was available.

He's had one good year, but frankly he's scored as much as Lindholm this year.

He's not fitting in with Toccet.

We got back a player that checks a couple boxes for us.

If we had got him for Zadorov, it might have been more appealing.

But we just have opinions of a player we got.

And our personal opinions of prospects.

It may not be a homerun, but it's a double at the least.

Might get called out at 3rd.