2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

A first round pick is a bit higher than I thought but needing a sweetener to move Monahan is not a surprise to me at all. That part of this does hurt but they weren't going to get a center of this caliber without giving something up. I also think Monahan was a must move just due to the fact he didn't fit anywhere on the roster. Obviously the cap was required too but I really didn't see Monahan as a good fit anywhere on this roster. 

Montreal can't take his deal without other moves as thought so this may get complex. Unless they have an LTIR candidate i'm not aware of but my understanding is Price is going to be ready to play this year but perhaps that has changed. 

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

I would like to keep Mangiapane - Backlund - Coleman together.  Those three were so good.

I also don't think Toffoli is consistent enough to play 1st line with Lindholm/Huberdeau...  Need another RW.

I agree, I know it’s a stretch but Gauthier might be the odd man out in NYR, he could probably be had for relatively cheap, and might thrive playing with someone like Huberdeau

• Like 1

Would continue the theme of me  being surprised but I'm not sure I see another RW in the cards.  I think they play around with their options as they have a variety of combinations they can work with right now. 

If it were me right now:

Huberdeau - Kadri - Toffoli

Mang - Lindholm - Coleman

?? - Backs - Dube

Lucic - Rooney/Ruzicka - Rooney/Ruzicka

What an off season this has been!! We have a completely different looking team. Give credit to BT for turning a disaster into opportunities that actually improve the team. I know I’m not going to like the contract terms for Kadri but this is the UFA market I suppose. Great time to be a Flames fan!!

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Would continue the theme of me  being surprised but I'm not sure I see another RW in the cards.  I think they play around with their options as they have a variety of combinations they can work with right now. 

If it were me right now:

?? - Backs - Dube

See I like Huberdeau-Lindholm-Toffoli, and giving that line more offensive zone starts. Then using Mangiapane-Kadri-Coleman as more of a two-way line. 

Basically I think Kadri is a better playmaker than Lindholm so I like him with Mang, and Lindholm is a better shooter so I like him with the playmaker Huberdeau.

6 minutes ago, cross16 said:

If it were me right now:

?? - Backs - Dube

Maybe Mangiapane moves to RW.  He played a bit of RW over the last two years... Didn't feel comfortable but too bad.  We need him there.

Huberdeau - Lindholm - Mangiapane

Coleman - Kadri - Toffoli

Pelletier - Backlund - Dube

Dube played his best hockey on RW.  Feels natural to move him to RW full time.

6 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Would be nice if the Flames got Dach from MTL too.  Gives us a RHS C who is young and has potential.

Could you imagine? Wow. That would be insane. 

The longer this goes waiting for the trade details with MTL, the more I feel this is a larger deal than just Monahan and a 1st going to MTL to free cap space. Maybe Valimaki is on his way out too? 

1 minute ago, LouCifer said:

The longer this goes waiting for the trade details with MTL, the more I feel this is a larger deal than just Monahan and a 1st going to MTL to free cap space. Maybe Valimaki is on his way out too? 

I don't know why Dach is still unsigned.  He doesn't have much leverage since he didn't put up big numbers.  Maybe MTL would flip him to us.

14 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

ive got a feeling more than one team has to be involved ..we cant take back salary and MTL has to clear nearly the whole 7M of room .. he will likely start on IR so that helps 

29 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

See I like Huberdeau-Lindholm-Toffoli, and giving that line more offensive zone starts. Then using Mangiapane-Kadri-Coleman as more of a two-way line. 

Basically I think Kadri is a better playmaker than Lindholm so I like him with Mang, and Lindholm is a better shooter so I like him with the playmaker Huberdeau.

My hesitation with Huberdeau - Lindholm and Toffoli is getting the puck up the ice. No real puck carrier on that line. 

I like Mang- Lindholm because Mang can carry the puck and he is also very good at getting the puck to the high danger areas where Lindholm goes. I think Mang is an underrated playmaker. 

Just now, phoenix66 said:

But there ya Go.. flames lost Brodie for nothing and hes now in Toronto..  we get Kadri for just a contract  .. so the trade is finally Done...  only loser in it all is Jankowski lol

Didn't even think about this.  But trues.  Wish we had Kadri 3 years earlier.

14 minutes ago, cross16 said:

My hesitation with Huberdeau - Lindholm and Toffoli is getting the puck up the ice. No real puck carrier on that line.

I like Mang- Lindholm because Mang can carry the puck and he is also very good at getting the puck to the high danger areas where Lindholm goes. I think Mang is an underrated playmaker. 

Huberdeau is very good at carrying the puck and good at transition.