2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs - All Team Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I know Kane got 5, but I wonder if he won't be sitting for game 4

NHLPS is very reactionary, especially if there is a major injury.

He would be lucky to just get a game.

Any more than that and it starts off the season with it.

EDIT - that last part was assuming EDM loses games 4.

4 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Cross checked right in the back causing injury.  This should be a 3-game suspension at the very least.  Sucks for Kadri if he needs surgery or something because this was his contract year.  He was supposed to get paid this summer.

That was just a nasty dumb play. At least 3 games. But there's only 1 game left for them.

Makes me wonder if this is part of the reason SJ players hated having him, lack of respect/intelligence.

Just a really dumb play on a vulnerable player.

I see no chance he returns to this series. Him shaking his head in the box when they announced the major is par for the course. He gave zero Satoshi Nakamotos that he just injured someone. Shoulda been tossed. Not exactly incidental contact.

Even Corey Perry looked mortified by the Tavares incident last year. You see Kucherov occasionally do something the slightest bit wayward by accident and he is right there apologizing.

Kane just doesn't give a crap.

Just can't have his attitude in this league. There is a bar of professionalism that he just doesn't care about.

Can't wait to hear his comments when he's suspended. Should be further proof that no one should sign him.

I really disliked the hit. Very very dangerous and I too was really bothered by the fact he seemed to think he did nothing wrong. I couldn’t believe he and the fans actually were upset that was a major, IMO it should have been 5 and a game. One of the most dangerous hits you can throw imo. 

If the NHL were serious that should be a 1 or 2 game suspension. But they are weak are this stuff so I’m sure they’ll give him a fine say the penalty was most of the game and call it a day 

Love Kane's comment, "he love's the step-back hit".

Soooo....you went in full crosscheck?

What an idiot. At least use the, "I haven't reviewed it" line.

Someone tell him, "show remorse, dummy".

This why Hertl wanted to be traded and all of those rumours. He wouldn't be back if Kane was.

Kane's great at signalling taking liberties on his team's best players is on.

That's one take....

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

That was just a nasty dumb play. At least 3 games. But there's only 1 game left for them.

Makes me wonder if this is part of the reason SJ players hated having him, lack of respect/intelligence.

Just a really dumb play on a vulnerable player.

I see no chance he returns to this series. Him shaking his head in the box when they announced the major is par for the course. He gave zero Satoshi Nakamotos that he just injured someone. Shoulda been tossed. Not exactly incidental contact.

Even Corey Perry looked mortified by the Tavares incident last year. You see Kucherov occasionally do something the slightest bit wayward by accident and he is right there apologizing.

Kane just doesn't give a crap.

Just can't have his attitude in this league. There is a bar of professionalism that he just doesn't care about.

Can't wait to hear his comments when he's suspended. Should be further proof that no one should sign him.

I would suspect that any suspension lasting longer than the series would go into next season.  IIRC, there is precedence for that.  In fact Kadri had that happen in 2021 playoffs.  Mind you it was 8 games.  

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Oilers media...barely addressed vs the seriousness of the play...

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/video/post-raw--ceci-kane-060422/t-277437406/c-11891105

Might've been a different story if they gave up a couple on the kill, still after a good start it prevented them from building on that by taking McDavid out for most of that 5 minutes.  The media will wait until Kane signs elsewhere in the offseason before criticizing this hit as something that may have helped cost them the series.  God I wish we just played a little better against these goofs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sak22 said:

Might've been a different story if they gave up a couple on the kill, still after a good start it prevented them from building on that by taking McDavid out for most of that 5 minutes.  The media will wait until Kane signs elsewhere in the offseason before criticizing this hit as something that may have helped cost them the series.  God I wish we just played a little better against these goofs. 

I think we saw the same Kane in our series, but they decided to let it go.  Nothing quite so dangerous, but many of the same type of hits.  Obviously, we didn't apply the same pressure as AVS did against SMith, since he looks like garbage for half the plays he makes.  

22 hours ago, cross16 said:

I really disliked the hit. Very very dangerous and I too was really bothered by the fact he seemed to think he did nothing wrong. I couldn’t believe he and the fans actually were upset that was a major, IMO it should have been 5 and a game. One of the most dangerous hits you can throw imo. 

If the NHL were serious that should be a 1 or 2 game suspension. But they are weak are this stuff so I’m sure they’ll give him a fine say the penalty was most of the game and call it a day 

1 game suspension. They know he can't pay a fine.

Can I apply for the Head of Player Safety job without being an ex-enforcer?

My punishment videos would be viral sensations with swearing that would make a sailor blush.lol

I'd instantly incorporate a motto:

Department of Player Safety: Blockchain around and Find Out.

Just me and a team of high end lawyers.

I'm making my own fun here. Feel free to join in.haha

We don't need to be all serious all of the time here, do we?

• Like 2

This statement released by Head of NHL Safety conundrumed:

"After reviewing the typical Evander Kane event video, he's gone for 10 games.

We're really tired of this bullSatoshi Nakamoto in the game.

His excuse was a Blockchaining joke, like we're all deaf, dumb and Blockchaining blind.

Our initial reaction was 6 games, his excuse made it 10.

If repeat offenders come across my desk, you'd best be on high Blockchaining alert.

We're tired of this lack of respect bullSatoshi Nakamoto. For the players earning a living off of it, in our opinion, you better hope your bullSatoshi Nakamoto doesn't end up here.

Mr. Kane is free to appeal this ruling, at which point the Dept of Player Safety will recommend 20 games.

Any appeal represents a lack of remorse.

I'd like to thank our lawyers"...lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Big win for Tampa last night, they deserved it. The NYR have been coming along so quickly this year that I have to wonder if that was just another lesson to learn quickly.

Really enjoying this series.

Don't really care who wins, but always a fan of the underdog.

30 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

EDM to use Holloway in game 4.  Only played 33 games in the AHL due to injury and played 5 AHL playoff games.  Not exactly a great time to start a NHL rookie.  

Can't be worse than Brad Malone, they are going probably going to play McDavid, Drai, Nuge and Hyman all 25+ minutes so he could be irrelevant.

1 minute ago, sak22 said:

Can't be worse than Brad Malone, they are going probably going to play McDavid, Drai, Nuge and Hyman all 25+ minutes so he could be irrelevant.

They are playing both Malone and Holloway.

Is depth really that bad?

Shore or Perlini even Turris.

All three are questionable, but at least have NHL experience.

This would be like playing Wolf in game 5 vs the Oilers.

Seems like less a way to win as try out a player in a losing cause for next season.

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

They are playing both Malone and Holloway.

Is depth really that bad?

Shore or Perlini even Turris.

All three are questionable, but at least have NHL experience.

This would be like playing Wolf in game 5 vs the Oilers.

Seems like less a way to win as try out a player in a losing cause for next season.

Not at all the same.  1 would play 60 minutes the other is maybe 5.  Oilers depth isn't doing much for them, but it isn't killing them either, Edmonton' will ride and die with the big guys like they have for the past 3 years.

5 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Not at all the same.  1 would play 60 minutes the other is maybe 5.  Oilers depth isn't doing much for them, but it isn't killing them either, Edmonton' will ride and die with the big guys like they have for the past 3 years.

The comp relates to NHL and pro experience.

Doesn't really matter if he plays 5 or 15 (to replace Yammer or Kane).

Being on for a goal against would sink them.

I really like Holloway when he played in the AJ.  Oiler fans think he may be the saviour, which is unfair to ask from the young kid. These are also the same fans that think Skinner is their best option in net though. Nobody knows Skinner better than Woodcroft so that should be telling...

2 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I really like Holloway when he played in the AJ.  Oiler fans think he may be the saviour, which is unfair to ask from the young kid. These are also the same fans that think Skinner is their best option in net though. Nobody knows Skinner better than Woodcroft so that should be telling...

I'm no trashing the kid at all.  He's not NHL ready for a full season.

33 AHL games is not even close to NHL prep.

I get they have little to be expecting anytime soon other than Bouchard copies.

But, Holloway is just a kid really.

Not even a full college career.

Not close to Phillips production.

They may need him to fill out the roster next season, because their cap is hooped.

Capmaster Kenny put them behind a serious 8 ball.

He didn't want to trade a 1st, no wonder.

Need that to get some fool to take Barrie or Kassian.

That's a stretch of course, but the point is there is little to be gained.

May have to trade Puljujarvi + Kassian to get back a $2M player equivalent to Foegele.

29 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

I see the Oil have scored 3 unanswered. Well, the one thing the Avs still have in their favour is Mike Smith is net for the Oilers. 😂 Go Avs!

The 3rd goal by th AVS is a result of the Happy Wanderer.

AVS down 3-4 in the 3rd now.