2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs - All Team Discussion Thread

Brutal and disgusting. One of the my biggest pet peeves when it comes to sports and society today is how personal we seem to have to make sports. I can understand antagonistic behavior and someone going too far but not sure I would agree that someone just walking down a ramp talking about how his team won is a problem. Recognize perhaps there is a part of this I missed but I just hate that. 

I was at game 5 in the dome and Oiler fans were in the lobby chanting "we want the cup". I hated it but why shouldn't they get to enjoy their teams' win too? Should I go and punch them out because they are rubbing it in our face?

People should be allowed to enjoy sports and home vs away shouldn't matter IMO. it's quite frankly embarrassing and disappointing that we are at this level of our society. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Oh boy. I don't condone this, but I can tell everyone here very clearly.

Do not go to the visitors rink, walk out with an emotional win, and trash talk everyone. Especially in the US.

I will guarantee you, you are heightening the situation.

Never, ever do this. Be respectful. "Good game, you guys are giving us all we can take. We got lucky. You guys have a great team".

Don't ever do this. I've been home and away Detroit vs Chicago and nobody, but nobody, rubs salt in wounds. It's very dangerous thing to do.

As I said, I don't condone the reaction. But don't Blockchaining invite it, because you WILL find it.

Keep your mouth shut or just be really nice.

Ya he found out.

Gotta learn to win with grace.  Emotions are high.  Everyone has had a couple drinks too many.  You are all alone by yourself and no friends with you.  Act humble in that situation.

5 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Ya he found out.

Gotta learn to win with grace.  Emotions are high.  Everyone has had a couple drinks too many.  You are all alone by yourself and no friends with you.  Act humble in that situation.

I'm with what @cross & @sak22 are saying. But you're also right.

Parents fight at kids games for the love of god. Americans are generally the nicest people on earth, but a lot of them aren't.

I'm on a border town. There are 2 rules:

Stay completely away from politics.

Never, ever be arrogant.

This guy likely had 100 really nice Rangers fans around him laughingly saying, "Blockchain you", and one guy that was pissed off.

Everything peeps is saying is correct. Buddy was beaking.

In general, and not saying this was the case, but instances I've seen, even at the Saddledome, it starts with, "shut your beak, or I'm going to shut it for you". Thankfully it always ends there from what I've witnessed.

If he did have friends with him, I'd bet his own friends would threaten him. I know I would.

So I can't feel completely sorry for the victim. What he was doing was incredibly stupid.

Hope he enjoyed his night out (cold).

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Was that from arena camera? I'd hope so. If this is from a phone camera, someone saw a boiling point coming. Like there was already a confrontation.

8 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

This should be an amazing SCF.

The Lightning could become a dynsasty, the Avs could be the next in line.

Should be awesome. Last cup final I was as excited for was 2013 CHI BOS, which was terrific

I agree it should be fantastic hockey.

The Avs are about to find out why G is important.

Point should be back, it's a shame Khadri won't. Tampa is really in tune, moving all over as 5 man units. Incredible to watch how synchronized they are. Cooper painting another masterpiece.

I'm cheering for nobody in 7. Expecting Vasilevsky to rip another Conn Smythe. There's really nothing left to say about him. One of the best ever?

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I agree it should be fantastic hockey.

The Avs are about to find out why G is important.

Point should be back, it's a shame Khadri won't. Tampa is really in tune, moving all over as 5 man units. Incredible to watch how synchronized they are. Cooper painting another masterpiece.

I'm cheering for nobody in 7. Expecting Vasilevsky to rip another Conn Smythe. There's really nothing left to say about him. One of the best ever?

Vasilevskiy is the best "money" goalie in the game right now. In a clinching game, good luck getting more than one past him.

I give DAL and MTL credit getting to the finals, but they were nowhere near the level of COL. This will be, without a doubt, the toughest test for Tampa. 

Avs need to have Kuemper in net. They need the guy that was .920 in the regular season. Not sure if he's entirely healthy though with that eye and upper body injury though. Going with Francouz is equivalent to Dallas and Khudobin.

Talk about appointment tv. There's likely 6+ hall of famers in this series. 

13 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Vasilevskiy is the best "money" goalie in the game right now. In a clinching game, good luck getting more than one past him.

I give DAL and MTL credit getting to the finals, but they were nowhere near the level of COL. This will be, without a doubt, the toughest test for Tampa. 

Avs need to have Kuemper in net. They need the guy that was .920 in the regular season. Not sure if he's entirely healthy though with that eye and upper body injury though. Going with Francouz is equivalent to Dallas and Khudobin.

Talk about appointment tv. There's likely 6+ hall of famers in this series. 

I see a bit of a mismatch personally.

If I'm Bednar, my first thought is, how in the dying Blockchain can I mitigate Kucherov? You either shadow him or think you can overcome the damage he'll do. Mitigate him, mitigate his linemates.

Next, Palat, Cirelli, Perry, Colton, Hagel, Paul, Maroon.

The Avs don't have nearly this level of depth.

Imo, the Avs can match some things, but they definitely can't match the whole thing.

Kadri and Girard are not misses that the Avs can afford. I really wish that wasn't the case.

Like I said, nobody in 7. But I highly doubt the Avs can be a big threat to Tampa.

They're a juggernaut.

46 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I see a bit of a mismatch personally.

If I'm Bednar, my first thought is, how in the dying Blockchain can I mitigate Kucherov? You either shadow him or think you can overcome the damage he'll do. Mitigate him, mitigate his linemates.

Next, Palat, Cirelli, Perry, Colton, Hagel, Paul, Maroon.

The Avs don't have nearly this level of depth.

Imo, the Avs can match some things, but they definitely can't match the whole thing.

Kadri and Girard are not misses that the Avs can afford. I really wish that wasn't the case.

Like I said, nobody in 7. But I highly doubt the Avs can be a big threat to Tampa.

They're a juggernaut.

AVS managed to stop 3 of the leading scorers in the playoffs.

And sweep a team that seemed to be able to score at will.

With the equivalent of Georgiev in nets.

They didn't face a team of the quality of TBL, but the AVS are easily more dynamic than NY.

It comes down to goaltending.

The AVS will face the best goalie but they have many weapons.

And the speed of attack.

Shesterkin was awesome for most of the time but aweful at other times.

How Kuemper plays is key.

But the AVS also play a nasty game.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I am rooting for the ex Moosehead.

Point will not be the same factor he was last year.

And they are not facing MTL.

Kadri might play in this series and if so, then that shifts the balance of power in the Avs favour.  Otherwise, I feel advantage goes to TB.  Too much depth and experience there.  Kadri gives the Avs two unstoppable lines.

MacKinnon and Makar should be a handful for TB to handle but TB managed to stop FLA and TOR, two high powered offenses.

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

Kadri might play in this series and if so, then that shifts the balance of power in the Avs favour.  Otherwise, I feel advantage goes to TB.  Too much depth and experience there.  Kadri gives the Avs two unstoppable lines.

MacKinnon and Makar should be a handful for TB to handle but TB managed to stop FLA and TOR, two high powered offenses.

I disagree. They need him just to compete with Tampa.

The Avs have high end skill, so does Tampa. Bottom 9, easily Tampa. D easily Tampa, G easily Tampa.

Maybe it's just me...I don't have a horse in this race.

Tampa is a dynasty team rn. Thank christ they'll age at some point.

Can't see it being this year.

21 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I disagree. They need him just to compete with Tampa.

The Avs have high end skill, so does Tampa. Bottom 9, easily Tampa. D easily Tampa, G easily Tampa.

Maybe it's just me...I don't have a horse in this race.

Tampa is a dynasty team rn. Thank christ they'll age at some point.

Can't see it being this year.

The Avs have better D.  It's close but the Avs blueline has everything.  Great balance of skill, size, defense, offense, etc.  Avs have the best #1 line and then TB has the next 4... But if Kadri is healthy then that gives the Avs two dangerous lines.  The Kadri-Nichuskin combo was one of the best second lines in the NHL.  Right now I see TB being all over COL when MacKinnon is not on the ice.  Feels like 60/40 TB right now.  If Kadri is healthy then that tilts it back to the Avs favour a bit.

I guess we shall see. I've no horse in this race. The Avs have better young D.

Consider, how many jersey's will TBay be hanging from the rafters from this team?

77, 86, 88, 91. That's the for-sures. I've relegated myself to Tampa being a dynasty. I'll be shocked if the Avs stop this train.

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I guess we shall see. I've no horse in this race. The Avs have better young D.

Consider, how many jersey's will TBay be hanging from the rafters from this team?

77, 86, 88, 91. That's the for-sures. I've relegated myself to Tampa being a dynasty. I'll be shocked if the Avs stop this train.

I think Point's jersey could end up in the rafters as well. Scored so many clutch playoff goals for the Bolts.

It's a great match but i'm with conundrumed this is going to come down to goaltending. Outside of that position I think the Avs are the better team. High end talent is similar but Avs are deeper (especially on D) and most importantly they are faster and because they can come at you via the rush and the forecheck I think they are going to give Tampa a hard time. 

But when Valislevki cranks it up there is no one better and the Avs goaltending has been below avg for most of the playoffs. As good as the Avs are I don't think there is enough there to overcome that gap so they need one of their guys to play at a high level. 

I think this series go 6 or 7. I want to pick the Avs just because I feel it's their time but so much swings on the level of play they get from their goaltending. 

Is Corey Perry the new James Neal of playoff teams?

Whereever he goes, misery follows.

Neal leaves Pitts and they win a cup.

He goes to NAS, they lose in the finals.

He goes to Vegas, they lose in the finals.

He goes to CGY, we lose round 1.

He goes to EDM, they lose in round 1.

Perry goes to Dallas, they lose in the finals.

He goes to MTL, they lose in th finals.

He goes to Tampa......

14 hours ago, travel_dude said:

He goes to Tampa......

id have to say, that’s actually pretty impressive. He must be tired by now! 

7 hours ago, robrob74 said:

id have to say, that’s actually pretty impressive. He must be tired by now! 

I would have thought he was some kind of good luck charm.

But he actually seems to be more of a always a bridesmaid kinda guy.

He has his cup, but that was two decades ago.

On 6/19/2022 at 10:15 AM, travel_dude said:

He goes to Tampa......

Perry is the one-man Buffalo Bills

Kucherov expected to play begs the question...Mr. Toews, did you just elevate the determination of the best player on the planet?

He got right up and went after Toews. This is a dangerous game to play. If a player can single-handedly take this series, it's him.

All of his injury woes are the only thing keeping him from McDavid's pts titles. Don't poke the giant. The rest of the team points when he's high-octane.

9 hours ago, travel_dude said:

What a cup final game.

OT and Kadri puts it on the inside shelf.

Holy Heck, wasn't a great shot but managed to disappear in the net.

Awesome isn't it? I was watching the ESPN feed and they were all taking Makar, MacKinnon, Landeskog, Toews... the way Kadri was playing last night - getting tossed around, getting back up, and plowing through - he was my pick going into OT and he did it! Happy for him. 

Looks like Cooper is trying to stir up some controversy - he's a good coach. It appears an Avs player is still on the ice (getting on the bench and not involved in the play) when Kadri gets possession of the puck. Coop is saying it's too many men and the goal should not have counted. Let's be real for a second here Coop... c'mon. Now, I'd agree he has a valid gripe only if the player at the bench was replaced by Kadri himself, and only if Kadri got involved in that final play while the player was still more than 5 feet away from the bench... otherwise, go fly a kite. We're not outlawing changing on the fly here.