2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs - All Team Discussion Thread

^^^

He's mooning the fans and the Oilers.

EDM wanted a team like NAS as an opener because they only want to score 5 goals a game.

They tried to do that against a well coached team.

LA is used to low scoring games, and played that way.

Similar to Flames game where they preferred to take it to the corner and grind it out.

EDM is not a corners team.

Their motto is get it to McDavid and then go E/W.

There isn't a goalie controversy, but perhaps there should be.

Smith was crap for most of the game.

If the score is at 2's, he's going to let in a 3rd.

But, hey, keep riding the guy that hasn't won a playoff round in 100 years.

Not that I have confidence in Koskinen, but he has stolen games with his Jabba the Hutt style.

And lost games on first shot in.

Then again, other than a run of wins, some of them against lesser teams, he was crap all year.

You know, I have to say I’m so entertained by the repetitive stupidity of our “friends” to the north. The inept GMs they’ve employed over the years, the recycling of the same personnel in the upper offices yet somehow expecting change, the horses (players) they are ill-advised to hitch their wagons to yet continue to do (Smith, Neal, Kane). It’s like the trainwreck that keeps on giving! Part of me, a very very small part of me, feels bad for McJesus because every team’s game plan against Edmonton is “force McDavid to play with his teammates”. Ouch! 

So...

Smitty nets a shutout himself, and the Oil win handily last night. A couple of deflections, an own-goal, and a shorthanded goal helped the Oilers' cause, but ultimately the Kings failed to score. The Oil played a better game. Now they head to LA for the next 2.

What is going on in BOS-CAR? Goalies getting targeted by the Bruins, and Carolina running up the score. Entertaining for sure

Didn't catch the Wild-St.Lou game, but happy to see the Wild evened up the series and put 6 on the board. 

TBag did what TBag does, and took it to the Leafs. However, TBag let off the gas in the 3rd and the Leafs almost made them pay for it. TBag not giving Round 1 their full attention.  

Smitty after a shutout is a big concern, but EDM won a playoff game.  Smitty's first win since he went to EDM.

LA will be electric.

LA is used to over the top fans, so it's EDM that will be at a disadvantage.

I don't think the score in last night's game is an indication of EDM turning the corner.

If they score first, they are difficult to beat.

1 hour ago, LouCifer said:

So...

Smitty nets a shutout himself, and the Oil win handily last night. A couple of deflections, an own-goal, and a shorthanded goal helped the Oilers' cause, but ultimately the Kings failed to score. The Oil played a better game. Now they head to LA for the next 2.

LA had the better start just missed on a couple, the first shot leaked through Smith and could've really changed if it leaked past the goal line, he got bailed by the snow in his crease and the post in the first and had a pretty easy 2nd and 3rd, with an excellent acting job.

I saw a clip, but didn't know when it occured.

Smith was in his crease but on the edge.

A LA player touched him.

He fell backwards like he was shot.

Not, sure but I suspect it was a LA penalty.

I think that may be the acting Sak was talking about.

17 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I saw a clip, but didn't know when it occured.

Smith was in his crease but on the edge.

A LA player touched him.

He fell backwards like he was shot.

Not, sure but I suspect it was a LA penalty.

I think that may be the acting Sak was talking about.

Yes that is the one, got the call and they scored on that PP.  Also funny it comes when Gregor calls Andersson a pretender, I can't recall how many times I've heard the term "tough" be thrown at Smith during the years.

EDM may think they have solved the riddle.

We can score!

We don't have to play defensively, just score.

LA scores on either of those chances in the first and it's over.

Smith did exactly what he always does.

I'm not changing, so you better bail me out.

LA wants to score, they need 2nd chances with Smitty on his face.

I kind of of expect that series to go back and forth a lot depending on whose goalie plays better on a given night. Weakness for both teams IMO. 

But LA has to find some answers to the PP. Hard to do but real hard to win in the playoffs if your giving up 2 PPGs a game and have to still contend with McDavid. 

43 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I kind of of expect that series to go back and forth a lot depending on whose goalie plays better on a given night. Weakness for both teams IMO. 

But LA has to find some answers to the PP. Hard to do but real hard to win in the playoffs if your giving up 2 PPGs a game and have to still contend with McDavid. 

yup! Gotta do their best not to take penalties. It’s hard to do when the other side has a few really good offensive threats. 

need to stop them in their transition before they get to wind up by checking their Hash Rate off in the oilers zone or when as soon as the oilers get to the neutral zone. Cut them off! Easier said than done, but maybe through a guy on Mc D to tail him. 

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

yup! Gotta do their best not to take penalties. It’s hard to do when the other side has a few really good offensive threats. 

need to stop them in their transition before they get to wind up by checking their Hash Rate off in the oilers zone or when as soon as the oilers get to the neutral zone. Cut them off! Easier said than done, but maybe through a guy on Mc D to tail him. 

I think we figured out the Oilers.

We outplayed them in game 1 and lost.

The 2nd game we outplayed them for the most part, but got behind on a pick play that resulted in the go-ahead goal.

Games 3 and 4 were Flames domination.

They won't be getting the number of penalties they did even in the last BOA.

First round is setting a tone so that teams don't go nuts.

Even in R1, the calls in the first disappear in latter part of the game.

10 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I think we figured out the Oilers.

We outplayed them in game 1 and lost.

The 2nd game we outplayed them for the most part, but got behind on a pick play that resulted in the go-ahead goal.

Games 3 and 4 were Flames domination.

They won't be getting the number of penalties they did even in the last BOA.

First round is setting a tone so that teams don't go nuts.

Even in R1, the calls in the first disappear in latter part of the game.

Without getting too far ahead of ourselves, I hope for a BOA for round 2. If LA and us get through, it’s going to be a similar series to what we’re seeing in 2 games with Dallas. I truly believe a different Flames team would have shown up if we played NSH instead of DAL. That’s why we need a BOA for round 2 - fingers crossed. 

EDM took a strange route to LA.  Flew to Vancouver, then took a bus across the border.

The flew from Washington to LA.

Avoided the US air travel COVID protocol.

Archibald has a medical exemption to travel without the vax.

No other CDN team has done this.  It sounds a little fishy.  I'm assuming that the NHL is still doing testing.

It’s looking like Oilers will be on to round 2 as annoying as that is to say. They are scoring at Will against the Kings now …frustrating as the Flames offence appears to have stalled at the worst time. Would love that BoA to happen…hopefully the Flames can recapture some offence spark on the road 

NAS is in deep.  Wasting 8 days or less.  BSD got all of one game and the backup not much better.

Had a OTL, but blown out in game 3.

Get your brooms ready.

FLA having a tough time with WAS.

Curse of the President's Cup.

Not getting enough scoring.

LA in tough, but can't really tell if it's the goalie or way too many PP's.

23 penalties called in 3 games in total.

LA looks good but can't score.

On 5/6/2022 at 12:23 PM, travel_dude said:

EDM took a strange route to LA.  Flew to Vancouver, then took a bus across the border.

The flew from Washington to LA.

Avoided the US air travel COVID protocol.

Archibald has a medical exemption to travel without the vax.

No other CDN team has done this.  It sounds a little fishy.  I'm assuming that the NHL is still doing testing.

maybe it’s air travel rules?

On 5/5/2022 at 11:22 PM, LouCifer said:

Without getting too far ahead of ourselves, I hope for a BOA for round 2. If LA and us get through, it’s going to be a similar series to what we’re seeing in 2 games with Dallas. I truly believe a different Flames team would have shown up if we played NSH instead of DAL. That’s why we need a BOA for round 2 - fingers crossed. 

This is my hope. Rd 2 BoA would be an epic series. Flames will need to play like they’re already trailing in this series, really looking forward to a convincing win tonight. 

I was just saying it’s looking like the Oilers will cruise past the Kings 🤮. They’ve been lighting the Kings up lately, they’ll need to start playing playoff hockey by Rd 2. Hopefully a bit of adversity will go a long way for the Flames

• Like 1

The Leafs have delayed their parade. Anyone else sick of listening to the panels for any game.

Here's Toronto's problem per Friedman and Bieksa: "they have to stop sitting Matthews to start the game, he isn't getting out there until the 3rd shift".

Are you guys Satoshi Nakamototing me? lol

A whole minute and a half? These are our "experts".lol

And of course, TBay didn't win the game, Toronto lost it.

Diabolical.