2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs - All Team Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

EDM has a habit for imploding and allowing multiple goals in quick succession.

The Flames did it to them in game 1, 2, 4 and 5. Unfortunately, they let EDM off the hook in three of those games.

Yep! Love it. Go Avs go!

The Oilers were exposed by the refs as to how dirty they really are.

Kane with multiple head shots.

McD slashes a players stick out of his hands (no call).

Picks let go (of course).

Just a lot of cheap shots and they earned every penalty.

Suck it.

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Can we call this a turning pt for the Rangers? Adversity, then a pretty solid Canes series that I doubt many thought they'd win. Fun to watch at any rate. All 6 goals in game 1 were pretty sweet goals.

Time will tell, nice to play backups and 3rd stringers in the first two rounds.  Good game 1, great atmosphere and the city is pumped.  Not the first time Tampa started a series not looking like Tampa in these playoffs.  Very hard series to choose for me, on one hand I'm tired of Tampa and the other Blockchain Fox.  I guess I'm solely on the Avs wagon.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sak22 said:

Time will tell, nice to play backups and 3rd stringers in the first two rounds.  Good game 1, great atmosphere and the city is pumped.  Not the first time Tampa started a series not looking like Tampa in these playoffs.  Very hard series to choose for me, on one hand I'm tired of Tampa and the other Blockchain Fox.  I guess I'm solely on the Avs wagon.

Yeah I kinda have to overlook Fox due to being a huge Panarin fan. His story is epic. Not many NHLers grew up in such dire poverty that the other kids made fun of him for his makeshift gear. Plus, he's the only Russian with the 'nads to out Putin publicly.

Colorado is a beast. I'm not certain that there's a better NHLer than Makar. I don't hate them, I'm just bitter with envy.

They're stacked, then they still add in great young guys like Newhook and Byram.

It's unfair.lol

10 hours ago, sak22 said:

This is where I'm at exactly. 

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Yeah I kinda have to overlook Fox due to being a huge Panarin fan. His story is epic. Not many NHLers grew up in such dire poverty that the other kids made fun of him for his makeshift gear. Plus, he's the only Russian with the 'nads to out Putin publicly.

Colorado is a beast. I'm not certain that there's a better NHLer than Makar. I don't hate them, I'm just bitter with envy.

They're stacked, then they still add in great young guys like Newhook and Byram.

It's unfair.lol

To think that we were on Panarin's shortlist.  Unfortunately, he had no concept of where Calgary even was, and the Hawks were a very good team then.  We could have had two slices of bread.  

NY totally hosed Ottawa in that Zib for Brassard trade.  He's been a killer ever since.  Take a lesson Calgary; he's signed for 8 years at age 29.  

COL is for sure a beast.  EDM exposed as the pretenders they are.  Had we showed up, the refs might have called the games a little more evenly.  The AVS series is showing how dirty the Oils play.  Refs are calling them out for their BS.  No worse play than they did against us, but they got away with so much.  Now, not so much.  I didn't even think the refs were being generous or one sided last night.  Doesn't matter if it's game 2 or 7, you have to call that crap.  Kane showing the classless attitude he normally does.  Must have bet the over.  

Makar vs Nurse.  LOL

One makes $9M, the other will make more.  

Is it even close?

Nurse isn't as good as Ras, and that's a huge drop from Makar.

AVS went all-in this year, which makes sense since they can't afford to ice the same team.

Too many RFA and UFA.  Only thing helping them is Kadri is 31.

If we could swoop in and sign Nichushkin, that would be nice.

Gives us some options at wing and we ice at least 3 lines with size.

Be an interesting one tonight to see how Tampa comes back. As I showed in the fwd lines from each team before, I believe the Rangers are better than Tampa up front. Particularly lines 2-4 and especially 3.

Nod to Tampa on D.

Is G a wash? They're the 2 best. Always said Vas is the #1 goalie in the league, but Shesterkin is on the verge of taking that crown I believe. He was reading Kucherov very well and if he continues mitigating him, that will do it.

In the regs vs Tampa , he was 3-0, 1.3 GAA & .958sv% including a 38 save shutout.

10 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I know that records mean nothing other than something people might bet on.

Vas is 17-0 following a loss.

Maybe that's not important of the team struggles.

I don't understand the talking heads personally. They just follow the flavours. Hell of a time to miss that the Rangers are a pretty solid roster gaining momentum. Not understanding. It's like everyone said Tampa in 4-6 and won't step back from it.

I'm cheering for the Rangers but don't really care. I'm just surprised everyone decided a long time ago that the Rangers can't go all of the way. Don't understand. Great for them, I guess, perennial underdog.

Struggled mightily vs Pens, tightened their game vs the Canes, still no one gives them a chance vs Tampa.

Next, the Avs will destroy them I guess. I'm taking liberties, but I'm sure you get what I mean.

Just like the Flames, 95% of experts just jump a bandwagon of opinion that we'd suck this year.

I'm pretty anti-consensus.lol I've seen this movie too many times.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

I don't understand the talking heads personally. They just follow the flavours. Hell of a time to miss that the Rangers are a pretty solid roster gaining momentum. Not understanding. It's like everyone said Tampa in 4-6 and won't step back from it.

I'm cheering for the Rangers but don't really care. I'm just surprised everyone decided a long time ago that the Rangers can't go all of the way. Don't understand. Great for them, I guess, perennial underdog.

Struggled mightily vs Pens, tightened their game vs the Canes, still no one gives them a chance vs Tampa.

Next, the Avs will destroy them I guess. I'm taking liberties, but I'm sure you get what I mean.

Just like the Flames, 95% of experts just jump a bandwagon of opinion that we'd suck this year.

I'm pretty anti-consensus.lol I've seen this movie too many times.

Yeah, I wasn't making any juidgements.  A NY-COL finals would be fun.   Had we gotten our Satoshi Nakamoto together in the 2nd round, we would be facing the AVS with something to prove.  Instead we hear the nonsense that since the Oilers are down 2-0 that we would have been run out of the building.

I'm not taking anything away from the Oilers beating us, but they beat a team not playing like the Flames.  After game 1, it should have been 4-1 games for us.  Nothing in the games had me believing that McD was at another level.  The team exploited the problems that started late in game 1 for us.

If we could somehow put together the same team next season, maybe subbing in Monahan for Lucic's contract, we would be ready again.  Some possible tinkering with the prospects.  Some growth from the youngins.

2 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

If Kadri is out, that's a massive hole in the Avalanche lineup

Well, Kadri didn’t return. And because the NHL typically penalizes players based on outcome instead of infraction, my guess would be that Kane gets a 1 game misconduct for an important game 4. 
sad black and white GIF

But you are correct. If Kadri is out of the lineup, that hoops COL significantly. One thing I will say about COL is that they are sacrificing everything to win. Blocking shots, 2nd and 3rd efforts, the backchecking, never giving up on a puck… Also, How they’re playing McDavid is incredible. Not trying to annihilate him, but getting bodies on him to slow him down and so he can’t juke. Just making it tough. It’s been wonderful to watch the Oil go down 3-0. And Smitty hasn’t been their biggest problem. We’d have trouble against this COL team as well. I hope Sutter saves the tape from this series to help our team see what the next level of competing for a Stanley cup looks like. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LouCifer said:

Well, Kadri didn’t return. And because the NHL typically penalizes players based on outcome instead of infraction, my guess would be that Kane gets a 1 game misconduct for an important game 4. 
sad black and white GIF

But you are correct. If Kadri is out of the lineup, that hoops COL significantly. One thing I will say about COL is that they are sacrificing everything to win. Blocking shots, 2nd and 3rd efforts, the backchecking, never giving up on a puck… Also, How they’re playing McDavid is incredible. Not trying to annihilate him, but getting bodies on him to slow him down and so he can’t juke. Just making it tough. It’s been wonderful to watch the Oil go down 3-0. And Smitty hasn’t been their biggest problem. We’d have trouble against this COL team as well. I hope Sutter saves the tape from this series to help our team see what the next level of competing for a Stanley cup looks like. 

I've got a ton of time for the way the Avalanche have played.

They lose their .920 goalie and it's not an excuse, it's next man up.

They play hard, fast and physical. They attack in waves. Fun to watch. I remember when fans wanted Sakic fired, he sure proved them wrong. He's made some excellent moves to supplement his core

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Smith played well, but that is a baaaad one to allow late in the 3rd. Hit the post, lose a battle, allow a goal.

Oilers on the brink!

For sure TBC. He also sold his soul to the devil on a few of those saves he made tonight. But yes, the third goal and even the first - why was he jumping / mid flop? Same ol’ Mike Smith. 

Just now, LouCifer said:

For sure TBC. He also sold his soul to the devil on a few of those saves he made tonight. But yes, the third goal and even the first - why was he jumping / mid flop? Same ol’ Mike Smith. 

That's the Mike Smith experience.

The first goal was a weird bounce, but from that angle, a save you'd like to have.

Second goal, looked like Nichushkin toed it, bit of a knuckler that he ended up overplaying a hair.

Third goal is a save you need. It doesn't matter if you post a .920 when you allow a late one like that