Johnny Gaudreau

conundrumed

15 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

So 11th hour and the Flames up their own offer without hearing back from Gaudreau after their first offer?

Well obviously they heard back about the 8x9.5 if the Flames upped the offer, my guess is there is a counter by them that just wasn't leaked by either side but BT at the draft said discussions were ongoing, its not like we got a play by play of the Forsberg negotiations either, nobody reported anything at the draft then signed the next day.

20 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

So 11th hour and the Flames up their own offer without hearing back from Gaudreau after their first offer?

I think if we learn anything from this can it be that 75% of what we hear today is crap and that today's media is more interested in engagement and clicks than the truth?

You wouldn't get this far in the process if the other side never said anything. 

So if Gaudreau goes to Treliving and says the only team I want to play for is Philly. Can Treliving work out a sign and trade, so that Gaudreau can get that 8th year?

Let Gaudreau and his team talk to Philly about a contract and Treliving can work out a package of picks and or prospects?

23 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I think if we learn anything from this can it be that 75% of what we hear today is crap and that today's media is more interested in engagement and clicks than the truth?

You wouldn't get this far in the process if the other side never said anything. 

So true.  Even the ones that said there was radio silence from Gross may have been just speculating.  Half of twitter is BS.  I suspect that the team and agent have been going back and forth.  

3 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

So if Gaudreau goes to Treliving and says the only team I want to play for is Philly. Can Treliving work out a sign and trade, so that Gaudreau can get that 8th year?

Let Gaudreau and his team talk to Philly about a contract and Treliving can work out a package of picks and or prospects?

How much is that 8th year to Philly?  I think knowing they can get him for free for 7 eliminates the need for the 8th.  Lets be honest given his age Calgary doesn't even truly want to give him 8, its just their bargaining chip.  If that was done I wouldn't expect great return.

9 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Does that really benefit Philly?  One extra year at age 36?  

28 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I would be in favour of taking Van Reimsdyk off PHI if PHI can give us a second round pick or something.  The sweetener from PHI needs to be good.

But since BT wants to win the Cup after trading Gaudreau instead of thinking long term, that deal would be a non-starter.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

I would be in favour of taking Van Reimsdyk off PHI if PHI can give us a second round pick or something.  The sweetener from PHI needs to be good.

But since BT wants to win the Cup after trading Gaudreau instead of thinking long term, that deal would be a non-starter.

He has 1 year left on his contract, so its a given how he will go about his business.

34 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Sure. The package would be fairly low for one extra year, no? Unless it's a good faith, "thanks for JG" deal, I don't really see what the value is for Philly.

Think we should all just accept the fact the Johnny Gaudreau is no longer a Calgary Flame. There’s still time of course but they must be a ways away if it’s taking THIS long. Tough loss for the organization and the fan base lose a fan favourite…let alone our best player! Ouch! Time to consider life without him and how can we continue to improve this team without his services. Not ideal but reality bites!

• Like 1

Tick, tock, tick, tock….eerie silence.

Just a normal day at school and the teacher asked little Johnny, what’s two plus two? Little Johnny opened his hand and counted 1,2,3,4 and said – 4 teacher?!. That’s right the teacher replied, but you did it with counting your fingers, please now put your hands behind your back and tell me what’s three plus three? Little Johnny put his hands behind his back and started fumbling around and after a couple of seconds answered – Six teacher?! That’s right Johnny, but you still counted your fingers behind your back, let’s try this again, but this time put your hands in your pockets and tell me what’s five plus five? Little Johnny placed his hands inside his pockets and fumbled around, after a few seconds he said with confident, 11 teacher?! LOL

Goodbye Johnny!! Thanks for the on ice magic! This really sucks! Barring some change in negotiations…I think he’s hitting the market 💯. Pretty tough not to live out your life long dream to play for your hometown team. Wish the kid all the best…even though him leaving really hurts the Flames. 

I had high hopes this would get done so onward we must go. Gonna really suck seeing him dance on us wearing another teams jersey! Does he get booed or applauded next time he’s at the Saddledome?

3 minutes ago, rickross said:

Goodbye Johnny!! Thanks for the on ice magic! This really sucks! Barring some change in negotiations…I think he’s hitting the market 💯. Pretty tough not to live out your life long dream to play for your hometown team. Wish the kid all the best…even though him leaving really hurts the Flames. 

I had high hopes this would get done so onward we must go. Gonna really suck seeing him dance on us wearing another teams jersey! Does he get booed or applauded next time he’s at the Saddledome?

Little of both I'd imagine.

He had some magical years with us but some fans are going to be a little sour if he signs elsewhere.

Maybe not Isles fans and John Tavares sour, but close.

36 minutes ago, rickross said:

The Flames were going to get hurt either way with a Johnny decision. Too much $ and it kills our cap and team moving forward. Him leaving leaves us short a star. My preference is to not pay than overpay. On the question of does he get booed or applauded? He will get steamrolled.