Johnny Gaudreau

conundrumed

6 hours ago, sak22 said:

I don't think the trade deadline was ever an option based on team performance and the trade protection.  

I might have just meant the draft, or the previous seasons TDL? I don't have any care for it anymore.

Time to move on and see what the next deal is. 

• 5 months later...

JG is living the Columbus dream, firmly in last place in Eastern Conference. Goes from a +64 to a -16 in same calendar year. He's no longer accountable to DS, he can just play his style of hockey and be closer to home where family members can drive 8 hrs to see him score, but be scored upon more. Maybe things cheer up for him next season and he plays with Bedard.  

He'll be 32-33 before CBJ is relevant. They've got some great prospects, but need a lot of adds on top of that.

I think the 2 biggest things going against him are:

1. Columbus

2. Ohio

Hope he likes the Buckeyes, the far right "christians" and conspiracy theories. What a bizarre choice when you have choices.

8 hours ago, conundrumed said:

He'll be 32-33 before CBJ is relevant. They've got some great prospects, but need a lot of adds on top of that.

I think the 2 biggest things going against him are:

1. Columbus

2. Ohio

Hope he likes the Buckeyes, the far right "christians" and conspiracy theories. What a bizarre choice when you have choices.

9 hours ago, CheersMan said:

JG is living the Columbus dream, firmly in last place in Eastern Conference. Goes from a +64 to a -16 in same calendar year. He's no longer accountable to DS, he can just play his style of hockey and be closer to home where family members can drive 8 hrs to see him score, but be scored upon more. Maybe things cheer up for him next season and he plays with Bedard.  

He's not exactly lighting it up.

Can't say I blame him for wanting to get away from the avid hockey cities.

Philly would have been insane for him, he would be a hockey god.

NJ would be the same, probably get a key to the city (Newark?  Yech).

He can fade away when his game starts to fall apart and just live life.

Not exactly a city that people point out on a map.