The Unconditional Positivity Thread

conundrumed

Pelletier has been a nice bright spot for sure. I hope they have an enhanced role for him in mind out of the break. He brings a much lacking element of quickness to the forward crop. Not just north -south speed but lateral quickness. Can get himself into open ice and extend forecheck pressure, and that's not something this team has a ton of in it's top 9. 

16 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Pelletier has been a nice bright spot for sure. I hope they have an enhanced role for him in mind out of the break. He brings a much lacking element of quickness to the forward crop. Not just north -south speed but lateral quickness. Can get himself into open ice and extend forecheck pressure, and that's not something this team has a ton of in it's top 9. 

This is why I wish that they tried different combos in training camp. Sutter said it shouldn't matter who plays with who in one of his recent pressers, within the last month, but i think chemistry is an actual thing, and regardless of systems, players have tendency to do things certain ways, which is why team mates might be having to adjust to Huberdeau or him to others. It is getting there, but I think they need to have tried other options earlier. 

I think a part of earning it is working hard and playing well regardless of which line a player is on. So if it worked in TC it's not necessarily gifting a player an opportunity.

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

This is why I wish that they tried different combos in training camp. Sutter said it shouldn't matter who plays with who in one of his recent pressers, within the last month, but i think chemistry is an actual thing, and regardless of systems, players have tendency to do things certain ways, which is why team mates might be having to adjust to Huberdeau or him to others. It is getting there, but I think they need to have tried other options earlier. 

I think a part of earning it is working hard and playing well regardless of which line a player is on. So if it worked in TC it's not necessarily gifting a player an opportunity.

Sutter doesn't buy into chemistry.

But anyway, now is the time to try out some things.

Practice, then games.

No good reason to sit out Ruzicka.

He wasn't bad enough to be the one to sit.

We could have a good 4th line with him in.

Ruzie-Lewis-Dueher

or

Lucic-Ruzie-Duehr

They would have some speed in the first case and 2/3 of the 2nd case.

Camp doesn't show anything about how players are right the F now.

Which is the problem with the team.

Hubey and Kadri weren't good in camp.

We tried lines out of the gate that got changed after 7 games.

We had Ruzie performing on the top line, but bumped him to the 4th line.

And now out.

There is no player that hasn't deserved to sit after a game.

But that's not how it works.

Everybody has their own way they would do things. Sutter would buy into chemistry if it was working...

We would all like to make up the lines, and a couple of trades and aquisitions. You can't please everyone... tough job. 

Remember if guys aren't producing they can get moved. Lookin forward to tonight's lines. 

What's with Weegar's play? He doesn't look like he is comfortable on the ice. 

How is Tanev doing? What's his injury specifically? 

5 hours ago, bombcomputers said:

Everybody has their own way they would do things. Sutter would buy into chemistry if it was working...

We would all like to make up the lines, and a couple of trades and aquisitions. You can't please everyone... tough job. 

Remember if guys aren't producing they can get moved. Lookin forward to tonight's lines. 

What's with Weegar's play? He doesn't look like he is comfortable on the ice. 

How is Tanev doing? What's his injury specifically? 

Thats more like it!

Vlardar ties franchise record for consecutive games with at least a point. 

Nice energy all around. 

I liked the lines tonight. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MP5029 said:

Ok I couldn’t find a Hubby thread so I figured this may be the best place to mention this:

Anyone else think Hubby looks a bit like a Viking with his beard?

hope he brings some Viking intensity for the last 1/2 of this season😊🤞

Didn't see the beard. That would make him a Norman, as in the area in France, Normandy. They controlled England for a time; French was the official language for that time. What a great passer he is. Somebody has to play with him who really gets his style. 

Markstrom played fairly well last night. He was slow getting back up for that NY winning goal. 

Trouba needs a whacking. He seems to like to whack the smaller guys. Lucic should have tried to rush the net. 

2 points would have been way better than one. 

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Well, winning two in a row would be the first thing to do.

Really just saying that we are not out, even considering our poor recent showing.

That's right. One game at a time but remember that team feeling when you become familiar with winning, and they just stack up in the win column. That will come. Lets hope they have broken out of the 'post' thing. Nice goals last game. 

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

Looks like I will have my April and May free for camping.

That's true. Get a headstart on the spring camping. Maybe head north a bit; the coiler's fans will be busy in the playoffs. That is a defeatist attitude isn't it. 

ALL THE TEAM HAS TO DO IS REMEMBER HOW TO SCORE. 

It's not over till it's over. 

Did someone say camping and spring!  I cant wait, after retiring two months ago now I can get spots on Mondays and avoid weekends... this is going to be a great spring/summer regardless of how Flames finish up the season.

But... go Flames, still have a ton of positives and hope for this team.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, medatswhoP said:

Did someone say camping and spring!  I cant wait, after retiring two months ago now I can get spots on Mondays and avoid weekends... this is going to be a great spring/summer regardless of how Flames finish up the season.

But... go Flames, still have a ton of positives and hope for this team.

Who doesn't love break-up season mud.lol

They were coming on in the 3rd last night; outshot the opponents AGAIN (how many games have they not out worked the opponent?). They need shooting accuracy practice (get the styro targets out); deeking practice; quick reaction rebound practice; fast set up pass practice (they don't understand Hubey's passing yet)... 

Lucic doesn't seem to need any practice 🤛

I haven't given up yet. 

31 minutes ago, oldschoolplayer said:

They were coming on in the 3rd last night; outshot the opponents AGAIN (how many games have they not out worked the opponent?). They need shooting accuracy practice (get the styro targets out); deeking practice; quick reaction rebound practice; fast set up pass practice (they don't understand Hubey's passing yet)... 

Lucic doesn't seem to need any practice 🤛

I haven't given up yet. 

It's possible that the team has give up on the coach, but I don't think they have given up on themselves.  By itself, a loss like that to COL isn't a big deal.  The problem is you combine it with the way we lost to VGK and the losses to DET etc.  The smart thing to do is trade some players if they have any value out there.  The problem with that is it tells the players the GM has given up the season.  If it's smartly done, then the guys left see it as a chance to win again.

Anyway, good on you for keeping the faith.  The next 2 weeks deicdes our fate.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

It's possible that the team has give up on the coach, but I don't think they have given up on themselves.  By itself, a loss like that to COL isn't a big deal.  The problem is you combine it with the way we lost to VGK and the losses to DET etc.  The smart thing to do is trade some players if they have any value out there.  The problem with that is it tells the players the GM has given up the season.  If it's smartly done, then the guys left see it as a chance to win again.

Anyway, good on you for keeping the faith.  The next 2 weeks deicdes our fate.

prime example are the Preds. They are in a race but just traded some players.

7 hours ago, robrob74 said:

prime example are the Preds. They are in a race but just traded some players.

They are going to re-tool or rebuild.

Trotz is going to be the GM I understand.

Allways a bridesmaid team, they can't get back to contender status.

Aging stars, stud goalie and aging D (both better than ours)

Jeannot never lived up to last year.

I don't worry about them passing us, since we need to look up, not down.

Like STL they will win some games.

They don't really have much of a chance of playoffs and they get it.

51 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

They are going to re-tool or rebuild.

Trotz is going to be the GM I understand.

Allways a bridesmaid team, they can't get back to contender status.

Aging stars, stud goalie and aging D (both better than ours)

Jeannot never lived up to last year.

I don't worry about them passing us, since we need to look up, not down.

Like STL they will win some games.

They don't really have much of a chance of playoffs and they get it.

Now that was a WTF trade...eff TBay, start a white hot Vasy vs Detroit, sieve Elliot vs the Pens.

Oh well, that's the only way they can beat the Wings these days, in all seriousness. A win and Detroit woulda swept the series this year. The tides are turning.

20 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Now that was a WTF trade...eff TBay, start a white hot Vasy vs Detroit, sieve Elliot vs the Pens.

Oh well, that's the only way they can beat the Wings these days, in all seriousness. A win and Detroit woulda swept the series this year. The tides are turning.

That was a trade for the likes of Duehr if Duehr had a 41 point season last year.

Don't get me wrong, I like Duehr.

So, we should be able to get a 1st for Lucic with 50% retained?  LOL