Sam Bennett

Going4TheCup

45 minutes ago, Addicted said:

Scratched again....Wardo's favorite whipping boy.  For gods sake BT, trade the young man already......this is getting beyond ridiculous and making the organization look extremely bad in my opinion.

Exactly, BT needs to figure out is Bennett an asset or not, if he is then Ward is out of not then trade him and let him realize his potential...

my hope is Ward gets the boot...sooon!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Addicted said:

Scratched again....Wardo's favorite whipping boy.  For gods sake BT, trade the young man already......this is getting beyond ridiculous and making the organization look extremely bad in my opinion.

I came here to say exactly this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MP5029 said:

Exactly, BT needs to figure out is Bennett an asset or not, if he is then Ward is out of not then trade him and let him realize his potential...

my hope is Ward gets the boot...sooon!!!!!!

I agree totally, but what does it take for someone upstairs to get off their Hash Rate and start to sort some things out. I really don't know what they are waiting for, the wheels have fallen off. Plus I think Ward should be able to tell the fans why he is benching Bennett.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dieselmarble said:

I agree totally, but what does it take for someone upstairs to get off their Hash Rate and start to sort some things out. I really don't know what they are waiting for, the wheels have fallen off. Plus I think Ward should be able to tell the fans why he is benching Bennett.

This should 💯 be addressed. No more secrecy, no more closed door meetings, no more talk about trying harder. What in the actual .... is going on? The people demand answers

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

All the best to you Sam! Definitely a favorite player of mine on the Flames, and I’ll be following you in Florida. Rip it up buddy! 👍🏻

Agreed.  Sam Bennett was a true professional.  Took whatever role was given to him.  Took more crap than any kid would have been able to handle in today's generation of entitled kids.  All the best.  I wish it worked out here.

16 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Agreed.  Sam Bennett was a true professional.  Took whatever role was given to him.  Took more crap than any kid would have been able to handle in today's generation of entitled kids.  All the best.  I wish it worked out here.

Well said. Even recently despite a new coach, trade request rumors, he just put his head down and tried to do his job. It totally sucks it didn't work because I really appreciate the player. 

Going to a great spot though, i think Quenville will be good for his game and I hope he continues to carve out an NHL role for himself. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Well said. Even recently despite a new coach, trade request rumors, he just put his head down and tried to do his job. It totally sucks it didn't work because I really appreciate the player. 

Going to a great spot though, i think Quenville will be good for his game and I hope he continues to carve out an NHL role for himself. 

I think he will be able to integrate into the lineup right away as they don’t have the same COVID rules. I’m curious to see how they deploy him?

Good luck to Benny, kinda on the fence on how well I want him to do in FLA.

1 - The worse he does the better the deal looks for the Flames.

2 - The better he does the better for him and if he does good enough then MAYBE someone on this side will see how badly mis managed he was and hopefully the same mistakes arent repeated in the future.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

Good luck to Benny, kinda on the fence on how well I want him to do in FLA.

1 - The worse he does the better the deal looks for the Flames.

2 - The better he does the better for him and if he does good enough then MAYBE someone on this side will see how badly mis managed he was and hopefully the same mistakes arent repeated in the future.

Well said 😊👍

1 hour ago, sak22 said:

Thanks for the memories 

Thanks for Those...I have a bad feeling Bennett is gonna shine in Fla...he just got grounded down and miss managed so badly here...he’s gonna be a rockstar in Fla...wait and see...

15 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Thanks for Those...I have a bad feeling Bennett is gonna shine in Fla...he just got grounded down and miss managed so badly here...he’s gonna be a rockstar in Fla...wait and see...

I'm not too worried about him doing well or not.  If he does, then that kinda proves he was never going to here anyway.  And he has a career he worked for.

If he doesn't, then we get a prospect and a 2nd chance at drafting a player next year.

3 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

I was really pulling for Sammy. I'm a big fan, and I'm very sad that his days as a Flame are over, and that it went down this way. Hopefully he does well in Florida.

Love.

Writing was on the wall for Sam a long time. He left the org saying nothing but good things about it, the org had nothing but good things to say publicly about Sam. The split couldn't have gone better. Full marks to both sides for taking the high road on this one and looking like a professionals. Flames got a nice return. Sam gets an opportunity elsewhere.

My advice to Sam would be to leave his gloves on until after he gets a new contract. The last thing FLO needs is Sam gone with a broker finger, minus 2 second round picks and nothing to show for it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

Writing was on the wall for Sam a long time. He left the org saying nothing but good things about it, the org had nothing but good things to say publicly about Sam. The split couldn't have gone better. Full marks to both sides for taking the high road on this one and looking like a professionals. Flames got a nice return. Sam gets an opportunity elsewhere.

My advice to Sam would be to leave his gloves on until after he gets a new contract. The last thing FLO needs is Sam gone with a broker finger, minus 2 second round picks and nothing to show for it.

Totally agree. One of my favourite things about him was his professionalism. Guy's a gem! I wish the Flames had done a little bit better on the development front, that's all I mean by "it went down this way."

Love.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

Totally agree. One of my favourite things about him was his professionalism. Guy's a gem! I wish the Flames had done a little bit better on the development front, that's all I mean by "it went down this way."

Love.

He really is a gem yes.   

It's the right move, for the most part, but he was a favourite of mine and I still think the Flames made the right move drafting him where they did.   Maybe some lessons learned in the development system.

He'll be missed for sure.

2 hours ago, jjgallow said:

He really is a gem yes.   

It's the right move, for the most part, but he was a favourite of mine and I still think the Flames made the right move drafting him where they did.   Maybe some lessons learned in the development system.

He'll be missed for sure.

i don’t think it is a lesson learned. I think they’re doing it with Valamaki right now. He needs all situations and fast paced tempo as a #1D in the A. 

a player as young as he is and the amount of development time he has lost due to injury really needs to be caught up on. He can’t do that as an NHLer.

• Like 2