Oilers

Oilers on a roll, gotta give credit where credit is due.

The string of wins in the past ten games might be their demise to start a losing skid.  Improved on the D no doubt but kill the power plays, and shadow Mclottoball (not an easy task) and the Oilers are just "another team".

Looking forward to another year failed for the creepy owner Katz and the greasers.

"It must be something in the water"!

Just now, medatswhoP said:

Oilers on a roll, gotta give credit where credit is due.

The string of wins in the past ten games might be their demise to start a losing skid.  Improved on the D no doubt but kill the power plays, and shadow Mclottoball (not an easy task) and the Oilers are just "another team".

Looking forward to another year failed for the creepy owner Katz and the greasers.

"It must be something in the water"!

Instead of getting their starter ready for the playoffs, they have a question mark in nets.

Skinner is the better goalie, but that has changed over the last few months.

Campbell struggles, Skinner takes the ball.

Skinner has the ball and starts to struggle, so Campbell gets the ball.

Neither has meaningful playoff experience or success.

The Oilers were gifted PP's last playoffs.

In what is typically a drought, it poured.

When it dried up in the 3rd round, so did the winning.

Same thing against WPG the year before.

Without the PP firing on all cylinders, they are 20 points back.

82 PP goals from 4 players and 2 from one D-man.

That is it.

I'm not discounting what the team has done, but the stats show a lot.

Starter - 36 games 21-9-4 record with .888 and a 3.41

Backup - 49 games 28-14-5 record with .914 and 2.76

4 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I'm cheering for VGK to pick up one point tonight so that EDM has to play LAK first round.  I think the Kings match up well against EDM and they almost beat them last season.  If EDM plays WPG then it's a free pass to the second round.

I don't know what to think about WPG.  They have a superior goalie.

But they suck most nights.

We beat them and didn't even play a perfect game.

LA and SEA are battling for 3rd in the Pacific.

SEA could cement their spot with a RW and a LA loss.

That puts EDM facing LA and COL winning the conference (assuming they win out and EDM gets a single).

Hard to believe that we may not even know the seedings until games 82.

WPG plays either COL, VGK or EDM.

SEA plays either EDM or VGK or DAL or COL.

SEA is the only team that will know before they play if they have to win to avoid those teams.

25 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

So it is the Kings.  Time to jump on the Anti-Oilers bandwagon.

Different team this year.  No Quick to get burned.

They have Korpi and Copley.

And they have far superior D than EDM.

Unless EDM gets 2-3 PP's per game, this is going to be interesting.

Not saying I will watch, but will keep track.

I am hoping to see the fan meltdown after losing at home.

SN will be talking about non-calls.

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

This so far is a repeat of last year.

Oilers lost game 1.

Could go to 7 games.

Muwhahaha oops that was my inner voice.  How fitting to a first loss, I was talking to some old friends in Edmonton used to work with they were so pumped that the Oilers were going to easy sweep the Kings and had the Cup already to go to Edmonton.  It makes me laugh at them, and love seeing this start as a loss.

Keep the power plays away from them and they are a regular team with poor D and Goalie.

Give em credit they made the playoffs, I look foward to another disappointment for them yet again;

9 minutes ago, medatswhoP said:

Muwhahaha oops that was my inner voice.  How fitting to a first loss, I was talking to some old friends in Edmonton used to work with they were so pumped that the Oilers were going to easy sweep the Kings and had the Cup already to go to Edmonton.  It makes me laugh at them, and love seeing this start as a loss.

Keep the power plays away from them and they are a regular team with poor D and Goalie.

Give em credit they made the playoffs, I look foward to another disappointment for them yet again;

They talked in the media like we could have EDM facing either TOR or BOS in the finals.

Lesser homers say that the last EDM-COL game could be a preview to the West final.

This is why you have to win 16.  

Already the multiple flags flying on car and greaser trucks.

And does it have to be orage?

Orange flags, orange jerseys, orange mascot.

They don't even use that jersey anymore.

At least it made for a quiet Monday night after the game.

I think the Oilers have the roster to win a cup but I don't think they have the goaltending.  Skinner was not good last night. 

Still the Oilers win the series but I don't know how they can trust their goaltending to go on a run here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

I think the Oilers have the roster to win a cup but I don't think they have the goaltending.  Skinner was not good last night. 

Still the Oilers win the series but I don't know how they can trust their goaltending to go on a run here. 

I completely agree with the goaltending, but, for clarity, they don't have goaltending good enough to win a series, let alone the cup.   LA will crush them.

It is hilarious how many millions of dollars get poured into these teams without any thought whatsoever to how they will keep the puck out of their net.

They will fold like a cheap accordion.  Kane's already betting on it, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, jjgallow said:

I completely agree with the goaltending, but, for clarity, they don't have goaltending good enough to win a series, let alone the cup.   LA will crush them.

It is hilarious how many millions of dollars get poured into these teams without any thought whatsoever to how they will keep the puck out of their net.

They will fold like a cheap accordion.  Kane's already betting on it, I'm sure.

I would put it on D and G. 

The D has Ekholm and Kulak as being the only real D.

The rest are pass to McD.

Shoot on the rush or PP.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

I would put it on D and G. 

The D has Ekholm and Kulak as being the only real D.

The rest are pass to McD.

Shoot on the rush or PP.

I didn't wanna trash Ekholm so early but I agree with you.   G is only the fall guy.  You can't have good G there.

"pass to McD" worked great too, didn't it?  nice goose egg.

23 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

City of champions!

City of Excuses.

Draisaitl complaining about standard of penalties.

Connor saying he's a better judge of high sticks from 200 feet away.

Coach that blames the reffing and says Connor was 3 feet away.

Best player on the planet can't even score a 5v5 goal.

And he was out there for the losing goal.

Stop playing because you blew the whistle you carry around?

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

City of Excuses.

Draisaitl complaining about standard of penalties.

Connor saying he's a better judge of high sticks from 200 feet away.

Coach that blames the reffing and says Connor was 3 feet away.

Best player on the planet can't even score a 5v5 goal.

And he was out there for the losing goal.

Stop playing because you blew the whistle you carry around?

Man, if the referees keep being so unfair Edmonton may have to go out one day and get an actual goaltender and defencemen to keep the puck out of their net.   I mean the referee should be doing that but he's just not playing the part well these playoffs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jjgallow said:

Don't care, Oilers suck

A tinfoli hat person would suggest Bettman is trying to keep as much interest in the West teams as long as possible.  Increase TV revenue.  Give them a chance to get to round 3...again.  

St 5v5, this puts EDM in a hole.

It’s hard to even watch a match for me since it’s a school night.

I caught the last match and I saw plenty of positives from it. I haven’t seen the whole scope to really say much about the bad at the moment. 

let’s go oil.

• Like 1

I think the Oilers have to be the Cup favourite. The West has been weak this year, and with the Avalanche out, I'm not convinced that the Oilers have the hardest path to the SCF. In the East, which is a murderer's row this season, whoever comes out will have had to endure. With Boston and New York out, I think that the best hope for a team that isn't Edmonton to win the cup is Carolina.

Love.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

I think the Oilers have to be the Cup favourite. The West has been weak this year, and with the Avalanche out, I'm not convinced that the Oilers have the hardest path to the SCF. In the East, which is a murderer's row this season, whoever comes out will have had to endure. With Boston and New York out, I think that the best hope for a team that isn't Edmonton to win the cup is Carolina.

Love.

Yups pretty fair.  VGK and DAL are the only teams with a small chance to stop them and it's not looking so good for VGK.

I'm not convinced CAR can do it.  FLA ironically might be able to.  They pesky.  Bobrovsky is on fire.  If they can stop the leafs offense then there's hope they can stop the Oilers.

2 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

Love.

SEA is looking like the spoiler of the West.

They finally have their goalie playing top notch.

I will hold off judgement of the Oilers until I see what they do with fewer PP's.

Skinner in net.

Too early to call.