Oilers

If these allegations prove correct, what does the NHL do? Not a good look to have a predator as an owner.

Literally creepy as Blockchain. His own Blockchaining daughter was around the same age.

Just to be accused is horrendous, can't remove that. If found innocent, it becomes, "hey look a rich person with high-priced lawyers got out of it".

Whether that's true or not, that will be the optics.

The tweets are disgusting. What could the excuse possibly be? $75,000 to a young ballerina that isn't connected to friends or family. Unbelievable.

What kind of an older "man" looks at teenage girls and thinks, "I need to get with her"?

Innocent until proven guilty...yeah sure. How do you even find yourself facing these allegations? I can't think of one reason. My daughter is now in her 20's and has a ton of friends that are gorgeous. How do you even look at them and think about sex? It's the lowest form of depravity, for wont of a better word.

Even hardened criminals in prison will torture you for sexually assaulting a minor. Even they have a higher moral code.

I see this isn't the 1st time he's been accused. Twice is a trend.

This story can't just fade away. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

The thing that irks me the most is that the first case was settled quietly behind the scenes.  Everyone forgot about it and it went to the background.  The silence implies that it was a smear for money.  The reality is that lawyers get this stuff done with just a cheque.  Victims sign NDA's and it becomes history not talked about.

The NHL made a big deal (rightly so) about some examples of players abused.  It has to at least virtue signal this kind of thing.  I do hope it isn't just settled.  That is the worst thing about predators.  They manage to pay to keep their name clean.

Although he wasn't involved with the 2018 Junior team, I think its a bad look having Bob Nicholson stay in the organization without some sort of explanation into this "hush money" fund, brings a whole new element to the OBC mentality with him and Katz.

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

If these allegations prove correct, what does the NHL do? Not a good look to have a predator as an owner.

Literally creepy as Blockchain. His own Blockchaining daughter was around the same age.

Just to be accused is horrendous, can't remove that. If found innocent, it becomes, "hey look a rich person with high-priced lawyers got out of it".

The tweets are disgusting. What could the excuse possibly be? $75,000 to a young ballerina that isn't connected to friends or family. Unbelievable.

What kind of an older "man" looks at teenage girls and thinks, "I need to get with her"?

Innocent until proven guilty...yeah sure. How do you even find yourself facing these allegations? I can't think of one reason. My daughter is now in her 20's and has a ton of friends that are gorgeous. How do you even look at them and think about sex? It's the lowest form of depravity, for wont of a better word.

Even hardened criminals in prison will torture you for sexually assaulting a minor. Even they have a higher moral code.

Didn't stop Bettman from allowing a team to be named after them

10 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Release Ghislaine Maxwell's client list, right?

I also wonder what the NHL is going to do.  Take the team away from him? Let's see what comes of these allegations.  He will probably settle this outside of the courts if it's allowed.  Just pay to get out of this mess.

24 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Release Ghislaine Maxwell's client list, right?

I also wonder what the NHL is going to do.  Take the team away from him? Let's see what comes of these allegations.  He will probably settle this outside of the courts if it's allowed.  Just pay to get out of this mess.

been there, done that....

48 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Obviously.  Sometimes a short reply only has one meaning and is obvious.  Yikes, this was not one of those replies.  

lol.   To be honest I didn't catch it.  Or I totally would have jumped on it   😅

I just assume the worst with Katz.  Have, ever since the Oil Change episodes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...