2024 NHL draft - A New Hope

jjgallow

13 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

If we land two top-10 picks I might just go ahead and buy season tickets for the first time.

NJD is the best bet... They want to be back in the playoffs badly.  Markstrom+something hopefully gets us the 10th pick.  I'd rather draft at 10 than get Holtz as it seems Holtz is trending bust.

OTT wants to win-now in my opinion.  New ownership or not, their players are entering their prime.  If they are a G away then they should go hard for Markstrom or Ullmark or someone like that.

BUF with 11th pick, wants to get into playoffs badly.  13 years and counting.  If Devon Levi is still too young, then they need Markstrom.  Getting a RD would help too.

Was DET also interested in Markstrom?

Maybe PHI wants a G as well?

17 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

NJD is the best bet... They want to be back in the playoffs badly.  Markstrom+something hopefully gets us the 10th pick.  I'd rather draft at 10 than get Holtz as it seems Holtz is trending bust.

OTT wants to win-now in my opinion.  New ownership or not, their players are entering their prime.  If they are a G away then they should go hard for Markstrom or Ullmark or someone like that.

BUF with 11th pick, wants to get into playoffs badly.  13 years and counting.  If Devon Levi is still too young, then they need Markstrom.  Getting a RD would help too.

Was DET also interested in Markstrom?

Maybe PHI wants a G as well?

The only way there is a goalie that will return a first this offseason is if Nashville keeps Saros and moves Askarov.

• Like 1

As much as i would like us adding another top16 pick, I don't think anyone would trade it for Markstrom without us adding something significant.  Even if we added the VAN 1st, I'm not sure it would be enough, depending which team we trade with.

The only team that might be desperate enough to even think about a 1st for Markstrom might be Ottawa with their late 1st. Though it's probably more realistic to think that an offer would start with their early 2nd.

As for Jersey, I think with the addition of Allen they are probaly looking for a younger goalie that can share the starting job with him and take over the nr.1  in a couple of seasons.

Not that i watch the Devils closely, but why do you think that Holtz is trending bust territory?

The guy had his first full season, playing in the bottom 6 under 12min. per game and scored 28 points. Sounds pretty solid for a rookie season given his role, doesn't it?

25 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

They haven't actually completed the draw yet, at least according to their own timeline. 

sounds like that is a rehearsal board. 

7 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

Surprised they didn't place Utah 1st OA

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

They haven't actually completed the draw yet, at least according to their own timeline. 

It feels sus if Utah wins.  NHL wants them to start their first year on a high note.

Prefacing, the Flames won't be doing a full tear down rebuild, otherwise, I don't think Conroy goes after guys who can play now.

If we trade Andersson, what is Andersson worth? Is he not worth a decent 1st rounder?

25 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Prefacing, the Flames won't be doing a full tear down rebuild, otherwise, I don't think Conroy goes after guys who can play now.

If we trade Andersson, what is Andersson worth? Is he not worth a decent 1st rounder?

Trade Andersson + Markstrom + Canuck's 1st for OTT's 7th overall.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

And what does Ottawa do with the other 6M tied up in goalies for next year.

4 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Trade Andersson + Markstrom + Canuck's 1st for OTT's 7th overall and Joshua Norris to make the $ work

• Like 1

Take back a Chabot or Hamonic to make the money work? Or another cap dump. I guess it sucks we had to give a 1st to get rid of Monahan... horrible deal.

but I guess would that work? This is just for fun and convo, by the way...

47 minutes ago, sak22 said:

And what does Ottawa do with the other 6M tied up in goalies for next year.

That's a mistake they have to fix.  Flames could take one of their goalies back if they lower trade price.

23 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Take back a Chabot or Hamonic to make the money work? Or another cap dump. I guess it sucks we had to give a 1st to get rid of Monahan... horrible deal.

but I guess would that work? This is just for fun and convo, by the way...

Take Chychrun back.  He's 1-year from UFA.  Use him as a trade chip next TDL and can get something like Hanifin did for us.

8 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

That's a mistake they have to fix.  Flames could take one of their goalies back if they lower trade price.

Well it ain't happening either way, I'm sure they'd listen on Boston's pick though.

Obviously, the draft starts at 2nd.

Lots of needs with Chicago. I think Demidov is the most likely. I wouldn't rule out Levshunov though. 

It gets thrown around on here all the time that the Flames take too many WHL guys. Every scouting staff has biases. With Chicago, their tendency is to go American, USHL/College, high school. While not an American, Levshunov played in the USHL and the Michigan State is in Big Ten country, like Chicago.

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

they did this last year too lol, but this time it's worse.  looks like leaked to me.

3 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

they did this last year too lol, but this time it's worse.  looks like leaked to me.

Wasn't a leak. Order in the photo was not what it wound up being. 

• Like 1