• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really like Poirier but needs to be in AHL for a while. Has lot of PIM's and though thats not always a bad thing, hard work and consistent effort night to night will eliminate the lazy bad pims. Dont think NHL is place to work on that.

really like Poirier but needs to be in AHL for a while. Has lot of PIM's and though thats not always a bad thing, hard work and consistent effort night to night will eliminate the lazy bad pims. Dont think NHL is place to work on that.

When I think of Poirier and his penalty minutes it is due to his agressive and gritty style of play, not unlike Glenncross early on. I have yet to see a lazy bad PIM minute from him but haven't seen all of his penalties. Perhaps you  can supply an example or three for our viewing pleasure?

Poirier playing on a line with Granlund and Reinhart right now, and they're destroying.

Poirier with 1 goal 2 assists so far end of the 1st.

Granlund with 2 goals as well.  Nice return from injury.  Reinhart just broke Kolanos' all time single season point record for the Heat.  

I could be wrong but the way granlund played in the NHL before he got hurt made me a believer and I see him starting in the 3rd or 4th line next yr for the flames and I would bet they give Poirier a shot at the bigs as well. Can some one tell me what has happened to sevn is he out hurt or just not playing?

Poirier scored a bunch of those in development camp.  He seems to be able to blow by defenders.  

I caught part of the 2nd and all of the 3rd on the radio; it sounded like the trio was dangerous on every shift.  Poirier with 4 points in his first 2 game? Wow.  Not to get ahead of things, but it sounds like Emile could become that power RW we have been looking for.  If they decide to give him 9 games out of camp next year, he could make it difficult to send him back down.

Granlund impressed me with his callup.  Rino might also be ready to make the jump.

I wonder if Emile could be the next Cammi I know that he just started with the AHL so the playoffs will really give use a birds eye view of his talent he is terribly fast and not a bad size as well the only thing I do hope is he doesn't turn out to be a lambardi. He was fast but lost his scoring ablity once he hit the bigs.

I wonder if Emile could be the next Cammi I know that he just started with the AHL so the playoffs will really give use a birds eye view of his talent he is terribly fast and not a bad size as well the only thing I do hope is he doesn't turn out to be a lambardi. He was fast but lost his scoring ablity once he hit the bigs.

Why does he have to be slotted and compared to as either the next Cammy or Lombardi? Why can't he simple be Emile Poirier?

Hot damn I hope we draft Bennit this year, the idea of him on Poirier on a line together makes me salivate... thats a whole lot of skill, speed and energy between two guys and I really feel could feed of of each other. I know there young but they bring a game breaking mentality with them that you can not teach...

Poirier scored a bunch of those in development camp.  He seems to be able to blow by defenders.  

If you watch the vid I posted again, you'll see (and it's very quick off the beginning in the first second) that the puck that is dished to Granlund in the first goal is Poirier's assist while he's being mashed into the boards.  The second goal is Poirier getting his stick into the traffic, dishing it to Reinhart, who then passes it back up to Poirier, only to whiff on it and then Granlund buries it.  The third is all Poirier. 

I'm loving his work ethic.  4 points in 2 games at pro is nothing to scoff at.  Sure you could attribute some of it to adrenaline, being in a new league and all, or even rookie luck.  But from what I've seen all year, and the second half of last year, Poirier drives much of the play is looking like a real winner. 

The AHL playoffs will do wonders for his development.  As some posters have had hopes of him joining the Flames next season, there's no need to rush him into anything next year.  This one needs positive steady development.

If you watch the vid I posted again, you'll see (and it's very quick off the beginning in the first second) that the puck that is dished to Granlund in the first goal is Poirier's assist while he's being mashed into the boards.  The second goal is Poirier getting his stick into the traffic, dishing it to Reinhart, who then passes it back up to Poirier, only to whiff on it and then Granlund buries it.  The third is all Poirier. 

I'm loving his work ethic.  4 points in 2 games at pro is nothing to scoff at.  Sure you could attribute some of it to adrenaline, being in a new league and all, or even rookie luck.  But from what I've seen all year, and the second half of last year, Poirier drives much of the play is looking like a real winner. 

The AHL playoffs will do wonders for his development.  As some posters have had hopes of him joining the Flames next season, there's no need to rush him into anything next year.  This one needs positive steady development.

Agreed, let him play in the A and see if he can become a dominant player there against men and still bring that grit and speed effectively. Its hard to keep the excitement in check with the rebuild and solid prospects in our system but I think its probably for the best that the average fan doesn't know who Poirier is, it will help keep the expectations lower and allow him to develop at his own pace.

I don't know if you have noticed but most players are compared to some one and I am hoping that he has the qualities of a cammi or maybe even a brad richards type of player you know with lots of good qualities I used Cammi as a for instance and Lambo as a for instance I hope he isn't just to get my thoughts of what I would hope to see. I think Cammi is a good player and at a young age he was very good and I thought Lambo was a great player at the OHL level but didn't do so well at the NHL level so thought these 2 players would be perfect as a comparison. Who knows he could turn out to be a Mackinnon type player wouldn't that be nice. lol

Not sure why people try to decide where a player should play before camp. Porier should go to camp at the same level of anyone else. If he proves he is one of our top 12 forwards who could play in a corresponding role to where he ranks, he has to be on the team. Enough babying players because we dont want them to pull a baertschi. This team needs to stick to their guns and consostentantly ice the best players not the preferrable ones.

Poirier is.actually the prospect i am most excited about, including gaudreau but obvoously not mony. The guys proven he can be the whole package for us and has consistently improved since drafted. Cant wait to see what the future holds for one of our bright young stars!

Not sure why people try to decide where a player should play before camp. Porier should go to camp at the same level of anyone else. If he proves he is one of our top 12 forwards who could play in a corresponding role to where he ranks, he has to be on the team. Enough babying players because we dont want them to pull a baertschi. This team needs to stick to their guns and consostentantly ice the best players not the preferrable ones.

Poirier is.actually the prospect i am most excited about, including gaudreau but obvoously not mony. The guys proven he can be the whole package for us and has consistently improved since drafted. Cant wait to see what the future holds for one of our bright young stars!

I'm thinking along similar lines too. Why send him back for the sake of sending him back?

Unlike Monahan he was already sent back to Junior and that may have been enough. Maybe not but his tearing it up with the Heat so far indicates that he might be close to ready and can get in semi  proper condition for the coming NHL season.

I'm thinking along similar lines too. Why send him back for the sake of sending him back?

Unlike Monahan he was already sent back to Junior and that may have been enough. Maybe not but his tearing it up with the Heat so far indicates that he might be close to ready and can get in semi  proper condition for the coming NHL season.

I would think that he could challenge for a RW spot this year.  He has to be in game shape come training camp, and be ready at the drop of the puck.  Seeing he was one of the last to get cut last year, he may be ready.  I doubt there is much else he can do at the junior level. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hunter who? Wow, does it ever look like we hit a home run with this kid, his speed mixed with his feel for the net and his grit factor make this kid a beautiful pkg. I cant wait to see him in training camp, I'd like to see him start in the AHL next season just to keep exceptions realistic, but I think its safe to say we will see him in the flaming C at some point next season.

The idea of him lining up next to Sam Bennit in the coming years has me salivating...

Love seeing these kids in our system, the flames future looks bright :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived