Johnny 'Hockey' Gaudreau

s4xon

16 members have voted

1. 1. How many points will Johnny Hockey score in his sophomore season?

• 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • 70-80
    • 80-90
    • 90-100
    • 100+

This poll is closed to new votes

navajo fry breadty titty well done steaking navajo fry breadty!!!!

Gaudreau and Arnold's season looks to be over. I can't even watch anymore!!!

Trailing 5-0 midway through the 3rd.

It was a good season. Whether or not Gaudreau stands a chance for Hobey Baker is a different story. His size might play a factor.

Keep on voting, he is trailing by like 10 000 votes

(The votes only get top 3 anyways, but it isn't as promising as it could have been. :()

Gaudreau just broke the shutout with a goal. 

Arnold gets overlooked so much. He's in his Jr. year and he's put up some nice numbers.  He's gotten pretty hefty in size at over 210 lbs.  A center that might make the Flames future even brighter.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaudreau just broke the shutout with a goal. 

Arnold gets overlooked so much. He's in his Jr. year and he's put up some nice numbers.  He's gotten pretty hefty in size at over 210 lbs.  A center that might make the Flames future even brighter.

Arnold is the typicaly college guy right now, getting forgotten because he's been going back to school in stead of going pro (ala Ramage). I find CHL guys becuase people know they are going to be making the jump soon are usually front of mind but someone like Arnold does get forgotten. Solid prospects and if he can improve his skating some could end up making the Flames almost in a Paul Gaustad type role.

Well,, now that BC is out of it... What is Johnny going to do? Does anyone have any knowledge if he is going to turn pro and if we can sign him? Or is he going to finish school?

If we sign him for the rest of the season, he eats up one of our two contracts left. 

If we sign him for the rest of the season, he eats up one of our two contracts left. 

True... But does that really matter? Who else are we going to want to sign with those two contracts? Plus it seems likely that Kipper will be moving, and im guessing one of Cammy or Tangs or someone else will also be on the way out. There are also a lot of contracts coming off the books at seasons end, why bother keeping two spots open now?

I don't know why we would sign him lets work towards last few spots and go for first over all in Draft

Havn't you seen? Thats what we are doing. I want to see some of our younger players move up here now! It would be a great chance for them to get some NHL experience.

You assume that a college playerright out of school will do more for us then iggy/jaybo?  tempering your expectations is probably a good idea.

Agreed.

Great to hear Johnny is in the top 3 ... here's hoping he wins the whole thing.

And as to the above, I really hope he doesn't sign, let the guy finish school.  Yes it's two more years, but at this point we can wait for him.

During Feasters press conference today, he mentioned that he would fly out to meet with Johnny, his family and his family advisor in order to talk things over. Made it sound like the decision is solely Johnnys and his families. If he wants to turn pro they will sign him, if he wants to stay in school thats fine too - up to him.

Also an interesting tidbit, but apparently Kenny Agostino and Johnny are really good friends. 

During Feasters press conference today, he mentioned that he would fly out to meet with Johnny, his family and his family advisor in order to talk things over. Made it sound like the decision is solely Johnnys and his families. If he wants to turn pro they will sign him, if he wants to stay in school thats fine too - up to him.

Also an interesting tidbit, but apparently Kenny Agostino and Johnny are really good friends. 

I had heard that Gaudreau is planning on staying in school for at least one more season.  But that may change after the visit.  Personally, whatever is best for his development is what I want.  

I had heard that Gaudreau is planning on staying in school for at least one more season.  But that may change after the visit.  Personally, whatever is best for his development is what I want.  

Smart move by Feaster.  Whether he decides to persue his pro career now or later, it is important that we continue to show our concern in him as a prospect. We don't want another Erixon or Shultz player leading us on (not that I see Johnny Hockey as that type of scum).  Involve the family, but continue to speak with him as an adult who makes him own choices.

I am glad that Gaudreau is a top 3 finalist for the Hobey. Really looking forward to a team with him and Sven and a few other prospects. Maybe Ramo or Ortio will be the 2nd coming and we can get back to the days of a Vezna-quality tender.

He is on the radio right now and says he hasn't decided if he will return to school or not. Seems he wants to talk to his parents and friends to make that decision. He also says the Flames aren't pressuring him one way or the other and are just supporting him in whatever direction he wants to go.

Edit: if Fan960 puts up his interview I will add a link. At least 10 mins so far.

I can't get the direct link but you  can find it here:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/960/#radio-sked=1

He is on the radio right now and says he hasn't decided if he will return to school or not. Seems he wants to talk to his parents and friends to make that decision. He also says the Flames aren't pressuring him one way or the other and are just supporting him in whatever direction he wants to go.

Edit: if Fan960 puts up his interview I will add a link. At least 10 mins so far.

I can't get the direct link but you  can find it here:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/960/#radio-sked=1

Awesome, thanks for that.  

Fan 960 has reported he has decided he will go back to college.

Apparently he will get a chance to play with his brother next year.

Was confirmed by Johnny over his twitter account. Him as well as Bill Arnold will be staying for another year.

From a hockey standpoint, im happy with his decision. He should use this time to work on his defensive game and put on some weight.

From a fan standpoint, its too bad. I would really have enjoyed watching him play in abby!

Will he pull a Schultz?

They say that Joey Mullen played 4 full years of college hockey. I think the Flames need to start showing a plan other than just mashing a bunch of skill together hoping there's enough goals to win games. We need to show what the future success plan, or we're going to lose some of these college players. 

Quote from John Gaudreau when asked what is your idea of perfect happiness?

Answer: "Having a family somewhere warm."

American kid who doesnt want to play in Canada? Time will tell

Pfft.

Any 19 year old kid is going to say that. Also remember that Johnny's good buddy Kenny agostino is now a member of the organization.

I don't see him ditching the team that drafted him.

Will he pull a Schultz?

They say that Joey Mullen played 4 full years of college hockey. I think the Flames need to start showing a plan other than just mashing a bunch of skill together hoping there's enough goals to win games. We need to show what the future success plan, or we're going to lose some of these college players. 

Quote from John Gaudreau when asked what is your idea of perfect happiness?

Answer: "Having a family somewhere warm."

American kid who doesnt want to play in Canada? Time will tell

Look at Johnny's Twitter account.  Does his profile pic scream " I'm going to pull an Erixon or Schultz because I hate snow."   ?

https://twitter.com/johngaudreau03

Archived