Johnny 'Hockey' Gaudreau

s4xon

16 members have voted

1. 1. How many points will Johnny Hockey score in his sophomore season?

• 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • 70-80
    • 80-90
    • 90-100
    • 100+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may be including exhibition points. Going by this from the Boston Eagles website, John has 3 points for the season.

http://grfx.cstv.com...eason_stats.pdf

Actually, he is right. Boston College hasn't updated their website to include last nights game against Northeastern. Gaudreau assisted on the only goal last Saturday against Northeastern in a 3-1 loss. He then had a goal and assist on Friday against Massachusetts including the game winner in OT 5-4. Then last night, he ALSO had a goal and an assist against Northeastern again in a 3-0 victory.

He has 2 goals, 3 assists, for 5 points, in 3 games this season.

Looking very promising!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

gaudreau had a 5 pt night to jump to 19 pts havnt seen any game footage but i believe he leads hockey east in points now

There was nothing draw dropping today with his 5 points. He's just so damn talented. Everytime he has the puck something happens.

• 2 weeks later...

no points for Jankowski tonight

Jankowski is injured with a sore hip, nothing long term, but he didn't play tonight.

An interesting stat about Gaudreau is the fact that he has contributed to 56% of Boston College's total offense! 23 points out of 41 total goals by the Eagles!

Also, to note, that Providence tied the game up tonight, with just 11 seconds remaining in the 3rd. Not even an empty net, either, 5 on 5!

Jankowski is injured with a sore hip, nothing long term, but he didn't play tonight.

An interesting stat about Gaudreau is the fact that he has contributed to 56% of Boston College's total offense! 23 points out of 41 total goals by the Eagles!

Also, to note, that Providence tied the game up tonight, with just 11 seconds remaining in the 3rd. Not even an empty net, either, 5 on 5!

Didnt realize Jankowski didnt play... glad his injury is minor.... Cant wait to watch Johnny at the WJC assuming he makes it along with Seiloff and Gillies... Cant believe i may actually be cheering for the US... when not playing Canada of course.

So.....if you were Mr. Gaudreau, would you finish your degree?

I would, but I'd Really struggle with the decision.

With his size, it may be better for him to wait until every last pound has grown in.

On the flip side...what will have have to prove next year? Or the year after, for that matter?

So.....if you were Mr. Gaudreau, would you finish your degree?

I would, but I'd Really struggle with the decision.

With his size, it may be better for him to wait until every last pound has grown in.

On the flip side...what will have have to prove next year? Or the year after, for that matter?

I think that is the important issue.

If he wins the scoring race this year, what does he try to accomplish for the next two years?

School will still be there when his NHL career is over. But if he is ready for the NHL, why waste one or two of a very finite number of years of his potential career?

School will still be there when his NHL career is over. But if he is ready for the NHL, why waste one or two of a very finite number of years of his potential career?

I completely agree with this, I have never understood the point of athletes getting an education before they turn pro. (assuming they have the chance of turning pro, obviously for the ones who wouldn't get a first contract it is a great option)

How useful is a degree 5-20 years later since its unlikely he will keep his knowledge of the subject current over that time.

I completely agree with this, I have never understood the point of athletes getting an education before they turn pro. (assuming they have the chance of turning pro, obviously for the ones who wouldn't get a first contract it is a great option)

How useful is a degree 5-20 years later since its unlikely he will keep his knowledge of the subject current over that time.

Speaking personally, that was my intended course of action (back when I was still deluding myself into thinking I had a chance at the NHL....which wasn't actually that long ago, now that I think about it). Coming from a family with a less-than-wealthy background, the thought that just by being a good hockey player all your university expenses could be taken care of (especially going to an American school, which could cost me tens of thousands of dollars, and above all that a school with a good program in the field that I wanted like Minnesota or Michigan) is a very enticing attraction. Whereas if you left early, even if you had a good shot at being a pro, you still had a just-as-strong chance of not making it (which, in that case, would cause you to have to go back to school, which would take out more money out of a minor league paycheck's savings).

And if you DO make it as a player, if your major is something like business management or sports management, you could learn and continue your education just by hanging around the team, asking management questions on how things work, etc. Guys like Steve Yzerman were prepping themselves for a career up in the boardroom years before they actually retired, and Yzerman wasn't even a college prospect. And there's the fact that as athletes, there's always spare time; if you really were interested in your field of study (which you obviously would be if you passed up on making the NHL for up to 3 years just so you could complete your degree) you have plenty of time on the road and at home where you can peruse topics of choice in books, magazines or on the internet. There are ways to continue to keep up your knowledge, as long as you choose to go out and find them.

I don't think Gaudreau needs all 4 years of school, but I would not find it outrageous or pointless if he did. It's better to be overripe than under-developed. And with his size he's going to need as much of an advantage as he gets. Better prospects than he were ruined due to teams bringing guys up too fast, and everyone comes back to that saying when talking prospects like it's in the bible, yet comments like "He doesn't need another year in juniors" or "He doesn't need another year in college" are commonplace. Are those comments true? Maybe, maybe not. But it sure as hell never hurt anyone to take a step back and make sure they're ready before they make the jump.

Looks like Johnny Gaudreau might not only make Team USA but be on the top line!!!!

Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) tweeted at 11:57 AM on Tue, Dec 18, 2012:

Top line likely JT Miller (HFD/NYR) between John Gaudreau (BC/CGY) and Rocco Grimaldi (UND/FLA). Alex Galchenyuk (SAR/MTL) on 2nd line LW.

(

)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

• 2 weeks later...

Gaudreau is sick, plain and simple. An excellent passer and he is always in the right spot. He is useful on the power play as he has controlled the majority of the US power play behind the net. He finds guys he has no business finding. Scored two really nice goals against Slovakia yesterday.

One downfall I see is that he is very small of course, so defensively he doesn't seem to be that useful. Then again, his skill and puck movement has gotten the US out of a few tight spots in their own zone. He is an excellent player on the rush and I wish him all the best!

He's an exciting prospect, no doubt. What I like is that he has elevated his game when it matters most. That's an encouraging sign. For me, his size is the only question mark about him. It remains to be seen whether he can withstand the rigors of NHL life day in and day out, but his upside is worth the risk.

He's an exciting prospect, no doubt. What I like is that he has elevated his game when it matters most. That's an encouraging sign. For me, his size is the only question mark about him. It remains to be seen whether he can withstand the rigors of NHL life day in and day out, but his upside is worth the risk.

I find it very encouraging that he figured out how to play against the "big guys" from other teams at the WJHC. At his age and size, he performed. Given a few years in University, he will add the pounds and the sense to make up for any shortness. Also, you can't hit what you can't catch.

As much as I am a Canadian first, I was rooting for a 3-goal Gaud-trick. Even in a US loss, it would have been fine.

:D

• 3 weeks later...

ATTENTION FLAMES FANS!!!! JOHNNY GAUDREAU NEEDS YOUR VOTE FOR THE HOBEY BAKER AWARD!!!

It is currently a two man race between Gaudreau and Corban Knight of North Dakota, however, Corban has recently taken the lead, and is ahead by 1000 votes right now.

Vote here -> http://www.hobeybakeraward.com/page/show/715460-vote-for-hobey-2013-phase-i

Also of note, it that Gaudreau notched 4 assists last night in Boston's 9-3 thumping over Northeastern.

He is 1st overall in HockeyEast with 31 pts in 18 GP and 1st overall in USCHO in points per game with 1.72 (2nd sits @ 1.50)

VOTE FOR JOHNNY FOR HOBEY BAKER 2012!!!!

GO JOHNNY GO!!! GAUDREAUBEY!!!!

Archived