Johnny 'Hockey' Gaudreau

s4xon

16 members have voted

1. 1. How many points will Johnny Hockey score in his sophomore season?

• 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • 70-80
    • 80-90
    • 90-100
    • 100+

This poll is closed to new votes

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Gaudreau helps Boston College in their 4th straight Bean Pot victory with 2 goals and 1 assist. This kids is on fire, and Buddha only knows the Flames could use his talents right about now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/11/beanpot-2013-bc-hockey-northeastern_n_2666149.html

When is the earliest we could see him in a flames jersey?

When is the earliest we could see him in a flames jersey?

"the earliest" would be late this year after the NCAA season is over for him assuming he declares his intention to drop out of school, similar to how the blues got Shwartz last year for a few games. Since we only have 1 contract, and it would burn a year of his rookie contract if we had him more more then 10 games this year, etc. the more likely "earliest" would be next year, again, assuming he decides not to finish his education.

I believe he has two more years of school, but it is not uncommon for higher profile players to drop out to pursue their NHL dream.

shamelessly copied from CP...

cool find from a hockeybuzz blog:

Quote:I also realized on my way home that BC's Johnny Gaudreau hasn't lost a tournament in the past three years. His championship hat collection includes a Clark Cup (USHL), two Beanpots, a Hockey East Championship (with another in the crosshairs), an NCAA National Championship (with another in the crosshairs) and a World Junior Championship. Furthermore, he's played an integral role on every single team. He might look like he's 12, stand 5'6 with his skates on and weigh his listed 140 pounds with all his equipment on sopping wet, but he's a bonafide winner. Last year the Flames draft pick earned 44 points in 44 games as a freshman. He's already got 36 points in 23 games so far this season and has Hobey Baker Finalist written all over him.

So....where does he play next year?

From a hockey standpoint, I think it would make sense to give him a year with the Heat.

But will he prefer to continue his studies and break records in US college?

p.s...I wouldn't personally want him with the Flames until he's fully filled out. If you look at players his size who have succeeded at the NHL level, this has almost always been the approach

i've heard rumbling the Flames want him here as early as this year.

My preference is he either goes back to BC (if that is his choice) or he goes to the AHL. If he makes the team great, but i'd rather see him adjust his game (from a size/physcality standpoint) in the AHL rather than jump right into the NHL.

i've heard rumbling the Flames want him here as early as this year.

My preference is he either goes back to BC (if that is his choice) or he goes to the AHL. If he makes the team great, but i'd rather see him adjust his game (from a size/physcality standpoint) in the AHL rather than jump right into the NHL.

Agreed to all. Nobody was ever done any harm by being overripe development-wise. Not to mention it would ruin the whole point of committing to BC with his brother as a package deal.

Gaudreau's a winner, and that's something we could use, so I can't fault Weisbrod and Feaster for wanting him here yesterday. But it really would be best for him to build more muscle and possibly improve his speed and defensive play. This year's his coming-out party and his stake into the "top 50 prospect" discussions, next year should be about getting his body ready for the pros. The more I watch him the more I think that a 4th year is unnecessary, but he needs some pro seasoning before he can become the next Cam Atkinson.

Also agreed to all...

I would add that the Flames themselves need to "fill out" a little, before they can afford to have 5'6" stars again.

It's looking more and more like their future stars are going to be a little smaller, with the exception of Jankowski, if he turns out.

That's cool, but you definitely need bigger role players than we have now. And bigger D.

It can be done, but the Flames need to start planning. Dan Dekeyser, as cross16 brought up on another thread, would be a good start.

• 2 weeks later...

Also agreed to all...

I would add that the Flames themselves need to "fill out" a little, before they can afford to have 5'6" stars again.

It's looking more and more like their future stars are going to be a little smaller, with the exception of Jankowski, if he turns out.

That's cool, but you definitely need bigger role players than we have now. And bigger D.

It can be done, but the Flames need to start planning. Dan Dekeyser, as cross16 brought up on another thread, would be a good start.

Yes, yes, agreed as well. Although I do like our new found blend of speed and skill, it is evident that we are in need of some size. Preferably in younger prospects & centers if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow....Gaudreau's about to take over the scoring lead.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/overall/division-i-men/2012-2013/

He's only two points back...with his current pace, I don't think anyone will be able to catch him.

Hobey Baker here we come...

The "fan voting" is obviously fixed...there's no way Corban Knight should take the Hobey.   I noticed they recently fixed the problem where the same person can vote more than once.  A little late, mind you...

Ok Flames fans and Gaudreau fans!!!

Johnny Hockey is now a top ten finalist for the Hobey Baker Award.

Voting has begun today, March 21st and goes until the end of the month. VOTE DAILY!!! Of course, Corban Knight fans are already at it, and Corban is leading the way!!

So VOTE FOR JOHNNY HERE ->

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com/page/show/779566-vote-for-hobey-phase-2

Both Knight and LeBlanc are way ahead currently with about 14k votes, then Jonny with ~7K then everyone else with significantly less.

Does anyone know exactly the process for picking the winner from the finalists?

When I read it the "selection committee" makes the decision, but I do not see anything explaining the significance of the fan voting.  Does it play a measurable part or just for "fun" / to influence the committees decision?

Also shown on CalgaryFlamesTV, nice to see some of the highlights from this year.  He's the nationwide scorer.  If he continues this into the pros, it will look like the Flames have found their next Theo Fleury.

navajo fry breadty titty well done steaking navajo fry breadty!!!!

Gaudreau and Arnold's season looks to be over. I can't even watch anymore!!!

Trailing 5-0 midway through the 3rd.

It was a good season. Whether or not Gaudreau stands a chance for Hobey Baker is a different story. His size might play a factor.

Keep on voting, he is trailing by like 10 000 votes

(The votes only get top 3 anyways, but it isn't as promising as it could have been. :()

Archived