Eastern Conference Playoffs

conundrumed

11 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

It's also okay to spend a lot at the top if the top was one #1 C, one #1 D, and one #1G.  Spread the elite around.  But spending all money on two C and two RW... then what about D?  and G?   Team is off balance.

There is no formula as you suggest Hill, Binnington and Murray all debunked needing high priced goalies, I’d even add Kuemper to that list as well.  The only formula is to have as more players play at or above their cap hit as possible.  And the ones who play below can’t be the highest paid on the team ex. Huberdeau.

FLA TB game 2 has been excellent. Everything a playoff game should be.

Also, can we just skip to the part where NYR ans CAR play? Their first round matchups do little to interest me. And to think there are folks that want more playoff teams..

Tampa is now feeling the attrition of being a contender for the past decade.

They got two cups so it's all worth it and they've still got a good team. They just lack the depth to contend. Crozier/Lilleberg/Chaffee. Matt Tomkins. FLA is potentially the most complete team in the league and the Bolts are trotting out an AHL pair of Lilleberg-Crozier.

And to be fair, they are missing an excellent player in Sergachev. 

9 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

FLA TB game 2 has been excellent. Everything a playoff game should be.

Also, can we just skip to the part where NYR ans CAR play? Their first round matchups do little to interest me. And to think there are folks that want more playoff teams..

Spectacular goaltending. Both games have been great. TBay needs to start games on time. Both games now, they need 10 mins of warm-ups. Started OT the same way. Like, ummmm, guys, get moving...

7 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

Cheering for the Bruins big time.

Want to hear those Toronto moans all the way across the Atlantic Sea

Im torn, I love the Bruins but my heart still goes out to Toronto being a Canadian.  Either way this is so far the best series in intensity for me watching these games.

4 hours ago, medatswhoP said:

Im torn, I love the Bruins but my heart still goes out to Toronto being a Canadian.  Either way this is so far the best series in intensity for me watching these games.

Spare me. lol

Toronto sports is the absolute worst. After they won, it was, "if Marner gets going, the Bruins are in a world of trouble". What they are actually doing, is setting the stage to blame Marner. He's playing through a high ankle sprain, they know that, too, but won't acknowledge it.

Same thing every year. He's always the guy that they want to trade because he's always the red-headed stepchild. I really wish they would trade him.

Then see if everything was his fault.

This coming from someone that isn't exactly a Marner fan. Ex-Knights and I are like oil and water for the most part.

The sooner Toronto is gone, the sooner SNET and CBC will do a better job covering other teams.

onhockey has been fantastic. Use "ublock Origin" adblocker. Your internet provider only has to be 60Mb/s, which is pretty low. I have internet TV and just use an internet browser app. Mind-numbingly simple. I have 3 TVs in my barroom. Looking forward to moving everything outside on the deck though. Hopefully by round 2. A smoker and 2 bbq's are right there. lol

The SNET app and NHL subscription sucked the life out of me with Satoshi Nakamototy service long ago.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Spare me. lol

Toronto sports is the absolute worst. After they won, it was, "if Marner gets going, the Bruins are in a world of trouble". What they are actually doing, is setting the stage to blame Marner. He's playing through a high ankle sprain, they know that, too, but won't acknowledge it.

Same thing every year. He's always the guy that they want to trade because he's always the red-headed stepchild. I really wish they would trade him.

This coming from someone that isn't exactly a Marner fan. Ex-Knights and I are like oil and water for the most part.

The sooner Toronto is gone, the sooner SNET and CBC will do a better job covering other teams.

onhockey has been fantastic. Use "ublock Origin" adblocker. Your internet provider only has to be 60Mb/s, which is pretty low. I have internet TV and just use an internet browser app. Mind-numbingly simple. I have 3 TVs in my barroom. Looking forward to moving everything outside on the deck though. Hopefully by round 2. A smoker and 2 bbq's are right there. lol

The SNET app and NHL subscription sucked the life out of me with Satoshi Nakamototy service long ago.

lmao a bit triggered here... I agree with the SNET and CBC coverage its brutal im not a leaf fan at all but rather them then any Eastern team such as Tampa/FLA/NYR etc.  I am cheering for the Bruins they are my Eastern fav overall along with the Wings (sad they are out),  if they take Toronto (which I don't see how they cannot) then here's hoping all the way to the cup.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Spare me. lol

I disagree, Ron's boner for McDavid and the Oilers is far more nauseating.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sak22 said:

As much as I try to follow all Canadian teams in the playoffs I cant STAND the constant fawning over McDavid.

Id be lucky to last a period watching an Oilers game. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

There gonna be three sweeps in round one?

Florida is crushing it, and it looks like Carolina too.  Seems like several TDL deals are turning out grand slams.

11 hours ago, sak22 said:

It's been my pleasure to have not watched the panel as of yet. I'm fine with watching Messier and Subban carry on. I like Bieksa's takes, but not enough to listen to the rest of them. Unfortunately with Toronto, it goes way beyond game time and dominates the news in general. The obsession is real.

We always have traffic here like Grand Central. lol My Leaf fans friends and family are over-the-top emotionally invested. The rest of us have taken to defend whichever of their players they are attacking. Usually Marner. They really clutch their media pearls that they're the Leafs, and every other team is playing Bantam-level hockey. I wish I was kidding. The respect level for their opponents is virtually zero. Wind bag O'Neil was saying that it doesn't matter what D pairings are on the ice, Matthews will destroy them.

Their fans literally buy in to all of that airhead media crap. It's a spectacle how they'll recite total bs like it's true. No team could possibly live up to the Satoshi Nakamoto that their media feeds the fans. 1 win = we're back for real baby. 1 loss = these guys are a nightmare. There is zero balance.

I like to point out the Wings. "You see how heart-breaking just missing the playoffs was? Are you hearing our media pissing and moaning and blaming everyone? Of course you don't, because we don't act like children having a meltdown".

Just get rid of the Leafs already, go cry in the corner, we're sick of listening to you. Go fire and trade everyone.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

There gonna be three sweeps in round one?

I was so hoping TBay would give FLA a run. More hope than reality. lol

Oh well, I've always like Barkov and Lomberg. It's just the rest that offsets that.

Amazing how the Bruins continue to own the Leafs. No more Bergeron or Chara and they still can’t win.

Regarding the Tampa and NYI wins. Obviously it’s almost impossible to come back from 3-0. But both clubs got one today. If they can win game 5, it absolutely changes the dynamic of the series. All of a sudden a game 6 feels like a must win for Carolina/Florida.

When LA did it against SJ in 2014, Doughtu claimed that he could see the fear in the Sharks eyes when the series got to 3-2…

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Amazing how the Bruins continue to own the Leafs. No more Bergeron or Chara and they still can’t win.

I'm glad they stayed with Swayman. He is clearly in the Leafs heads, and has been all year.

I kinda wonder if it wouldn't have been a sweep already.

Boston may need Ullmark at some point, but that point isn't now.

Still impressed as heck with Boston's 3rd line. They're a handful for any team, I think.

Leafs continue to play Reaves, Brodie on LD. Wow. Coach much?

6 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I'm glad they stayed with Swayman. He is clearly in the Leafs heads, and has been all year.

I kinda wonder if it wouldn't have been a sweep already.

Boston may need Ullmark at some point, but that point isn't now.

Still impressed as heck with Boston's 3rd line. They're a handful for any team, I think.

Leafs continue to play Reaves, Brodie on LD. Wow. Coach much?

read an article by editor in leaf... that site based trereliving all year on signing Reaves, but in the article I just read was praising him in the playoffs as being super impactful, like the only thing working for them... if that's the case there is a lot more wrong with the team. 

they'll find out Marner is super injured. Nylander still injured... 

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

read an article by editor in leaf... that site based trereliving all year on signing Reaves, but in the article I just read was praising him in the playoffs as being super impactful, like the only thing working for them... if that's the case there is a lot more wrong with the team. 

they'll find out Marner is super injured. Nylander still injured... 

That's why Reaves was out slack-assing on the 1st and 3rd goals. lol

Do they even watch hockey?

2 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

That's why Reaves was out slack-assing on the 1st and 3rd goals. lol

Do they even watch hockey?

might have been an article before the last game. I know they hated the moves and signings in the offseason.