Eastern Conference Playoffs

conundrumed

On 4/28/2024 at 11:19 AM, robrob74 said:

might have been an article before the last game. I know they hated the moves and signings in the offseason.

They praise when winning and trash when losing.

Reaves has his place in the NHL playoffs, but maybe a bit too big a role too early.

The 2nd and later rounds need varieties that you can put out there.

12 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Those called back goals against Tampa...oof. I don't know....pretty mild. Same calls IN Tampa? Gotta wonder.

Stamkos to Detroit. lol

Yeah I thought they were pretty harsh.  Not keen on either team but would have preferred TBL getting past the Florida.

On 4/29/2024 at 10:40 PM, conundrumed said:

Those called back goals against Tampa...oof. I don't know....pretty mild. Same calls IN Tampa? Gotta wonder.

Stamkos to Detroit. lol

One could only hope, I would love to see a Stamkos in Detroit, one of my fave teams in the east, I loathe both Florida teams.  Detroit could make some moves this summer that could count.

Toronto is hanging by a thread, I think Boston is going deep to the Eastern final, this could be their year, I would love this team without Marchand but he is one of the keys to success.  (P.S. anyone in the east now but the Rangers for me)

That dump in though.  Talk about home ice advantage and knowing the bounces off the boards.  Incredible.  Perfectly placed.  Perfectly retrieved.  Perfect deke.  Samsonov didn't expect that bounce.  Reilly underplayed it, also not expecting that bounce.  Series over.

Leafs nation will no doubt turn on the team but the series was very close and could have gone either way.   As fans we tend to lose sight that the other team want to win as well and blame our own team for the loss.

It was a very defensive series and all the goalies were very good.  Really enjoyed eatching that series was intense hockey ervery game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_People1 said:

That dump in though.  Talk about home ice advantage and knowing the bounces off the boards.  Incredible.  Perfectly placed.  Perfectly retrieved.  Perfect deke.  Samsonov didn't expect that bounce.  Reilly underplayed it, also not expecting that bounce.  Series over.

Laughable, perfect play, fitting end for a poorly-constructed. over-hyped team that still lacks an effective defense.  Same with the Oilers, hope they are next...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

Leafs nation will no doubt turn on the team but the series was very close and could have gone either way.   As fans we tend to lose sight that the other team want to win as well and blame our own team for the loss.

It was a very defensive series and all the goalies were very good.  Really enjoyed eatching that series was intense hockey ervery game.

That was an incredibly positive outlook, and god bless you for it, 

I wish I were a gentleman sometimes.   But, I also know you're going to enjoy the 2nd, 3rd round, and Stanley Cup finals, and I am just Soooo, sooo glad that we are now closer to being in them because we don't have a GM hell-bent on making incredibly idiotic short-term team-destroying decisions time and time again.

Treliving did to the leafs what he did to us in Record time thanks to even more faith and spending from ownership.   People are already talking rebuild, but I suspect he will try to keep it afloat for one or two more seasons with even More short-term decisions before finally hitting a brick wall and...Yes...applying for jobs with other teams.

So here's my positivity:

Conroy has not yet done anything to harm the organisation, every move he's made has been in the long-term interest of the franchise, and because of that I can easily say we are years ahead of the leafs in terms of the next legit chance of winning a cup.   I fully expect to see it here, before there.

2 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Treliving did to the leafs what he did to us in Record time thanks to even more faith and spending from ownership

What? Most of that hot mess is Dubas' doing. Blaming BT for trying to negotiate a hot mess with little cap is nothing more than grinding an axe.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

So are we hoping for VGK's to win tonight so the 2024 3rd round pick transfers to a 2025 2nd or a Dallas win so they go the the SC and we receive their 2024 3rd rounder?

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

What? Most of that hot mess is Dubas' doing. Blaming BT for trying to negotiate a hot mess with little cap is nothing more than grinding an axe.

Well we agree it's a hot mess.   Call it bad attitude, call it grinding an axe, let's just never tolerate it here ever again.

9 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

So are we hoping for VGK's to win tonight so the 2024 3rd round pick transfers to a 2025 2nd or a Dallas win so they go the the SC and we receive their 2024 3rd rounder?

We def want Van to beat Ed so the NJ 4th upgrades to Van's 3rd this year. Vegas' 2nd would be a better pick. Dallas pick would be a 2026 3rd. We currently have our and Van's 2026 3rd.

43 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Dallas pick would be a 2026 3rd

AHH never saw the 2026 good catch. Against my better judgement I will cheer for the VGK's tonight as ONLY to better upgrade the Flames picks.

• Like 2

Just now, redfire11 said:

AHH never saw the 2026 good catch. Against my better judgement I will cheer for the VGK's tonight as ONLY to better upgrade the Flames picks.

Yeah, sucks that Vegas didn't take 3rd in the Pacific and face Ed first. I'd rather Vegas' 2nd next year. This year's extra 3rd can be replaced from Vegas' if Van takes out the Oilers to reach the WCF.

I honestly have zero skin in the game these playoffs. Great hockey to watch, of course. Have a party, eat and drink, friends get mad on each other with their teams. It's fine. lol

Big day today, U18 final, London @ Saginaw game 6, CAR-NYR, Grand Rapids can take out Rockford, Wranglers host Coachella for game 2, LV-DAL game 7. 3 tvs.

The drop-in center's open again.

Boston Pizza would be envious. lol

9 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

I'm reading a lot of fans happy the Leafs made a push back down 3-1... Felt the team left it all on the ice and they are proud.

Except for Marner.  Leafs nation will turn on Marner and it's pretty much over for him as a Leafs.

Core Four shouldn't be anymore.  Marner needs to go.  Tavares evidently slowing down.  Should either retire at the end of his contract next season or return at 50% paycut and stripped of captaincy.

Play Nylander as 2nd line Center and Tavares as 3rd line checking Center moving forward.

6 hours ago, conundrumed said:

We def want Van to beat Ed so the NJ 4th upgrades to Van's 3rd this year. Vegas' 2nd would be a better pick. Dallas pick would be a 2026 3rd. We currently have our and Van's 2026 3rd.

The Dallas pick is a very very hard road to get it.

The upgraded VGK one jumps a year but only needs one more win.

The VAN pick is at best a 50/50 shot right now; EDM hasn't really faced a true tough team.

LA can be tough to play, but never really showed it this playoffs. 

19 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I'm reading a lot of fans happy the Leafs made a push back down 3-1... Felt the team left it all on the ice and they are proud.

Except for Marner.  Leafs nation will turn on Marner and it's pretty much over for him as a Leafs.

Core Four shouldn't be anymore.  Marner needs to go.  Tavares evidently slowing down.  Should either retire at the end of his contract next season or return at 50% paycut and stripped of captaincy.

Play Nylander as 2nd line Center and Tavares as 3rd line checking Center moving forward.

I think this is a fair place to be. Mind you the counter point is the "core" are not really the ones who brought them back so that's a challenge but the Leafs got back in that series by playing some more old school "playoff" hockey. Control the neutral zone, slow a team down, box them out, get good goaltending and count punch. LImitied offensive success but the fact they could change their change and make it a series I do think is a positive they can take moving forward but that team needs alot of work. not in the best of situations IMO. 

I wish I could take the Canes to win finally but Rangers look too good right now and I think at some point Shesterkin>Andersson is going to matter. Should be an entertaining series though. 

Boston looks like they are going on fumes right now so I will take Florida in that series as well.