2024 NHL draft - A New Hope

jjgallow

7 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Because that thing about teams intentionally losing for draft position has always been a gigantic lie. It's recited so often that it became a fake truth. Like most things going on these days. lol

The NHL should investigate ARI for throwing that 3rd period on purpose!

I'm kind of jacked as we get into our 2nd and 3rd rd picks. We're going to be getting some good potentials I think.

That Miettinen kid with Everett looks like lots of potential. Kleber, Letourneau, Mustard, o'Reilly, Humphreys, Freij...there's a lot going on.

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

I'm kind of jacked as we get into our 2nd and 3rd rd picks. We're going to be getting some good potentials I think.

That Miettinen kid with Everett looks like lots of potential. Kleber, Letourneau, Mustard, o'Reilly, Humphreys, Freij...there's a lot going on.

I would like Letourneau in the 2nd. The VAN first….. eeek

They seemed to target size last year, which makes me wonder about Adam Jecho

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I would like Letourneau in the 2nd. The VAN first….. eeek

They seemed to target size last year, which makes me wonder about Adam Jecho

Jecho is definitely big, I'll give him that. Not a lot else though. What do you think?

I wouldn't take Letourneau before the Dallas 2nd personally.

edit

I don't know what Prep schools are like there, but here, the teams I've watched, the play is so systems over-the-top that it's almost robotic. They have close-game successes against the mid-tier midget teams here. But put them against the top Midget teams here, Detroit or Minnesota, and they'd get absolutely eaten alive. So I view their entire league as top Midget AA teams, or a middling to bottom AAA team.

9 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Jecho is definitely big, I'll give him that. Not a lot else though. What do you think?

First year in NA. Handled the transition pretty well. Playing on a bad team too. I would hope that Edmonton plays him more in the middle next year.

Personally, I wouldn’t take him until that Stars pick. I think you’re talking about a bottom six forward. 15ish goals. Maybe pops for 20 and 40pts, Joel Armia type.

5 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

First year in NA. Handled the transition pretty well. Playing on a bad team too. I would hope that Edmonton plays him more in the middle next year.

Personally, I wouldn’t take him until that Stars pick. I think you’re talking about a bottom six forward. 15ish goals. Maybe pops for 20 and 40pts, Joel Armia type.

I'd likely rather opt for Kleber, O'Reilly or Miettinen there. He seems like a pretty big project just to get him to that.

Oh, and I edited above for my fear of Letourneau. Mainly, competition level.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

The movie is being scripted by the day.

My prediction as the 2024 feel good story line.

The Flames will have Jerome select TJ.

Oh please. Everyone is Dave Smith. Stop with the name recognition already. The poor kid's already being artificially inflated to star status.

How does everyone feel about Cayden Lindstrom as far as the back issues go? Do you consider them chronic?

Between Beck, Honzek, Poirier (freak thing, I know), Pelletier and Kerins I am so done with prospects missing extremely important development months.

The setbacks have added up to the point where I hope to avoid Lindstrom. Maybe even Kiviharju and Jiricek also.

Am I wrong due to the frustration? We can't afford unyielding development setbacks.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

How does everyone feel about Cayden Lindstrom as far as the back issues go? Do you consider them chronic?

Between Beck, Honzek, Poirier (freak thing, I know), Pelletier and Kerins I am so done with prospects missing extremely important development months.

The setbacks have added up to the point where I hope to avoid Lindstrom. Maybe even Kiviharju and Jiricek also.

Am I wrong due to the frustration? We can't afford unyielding development setbacks.

Only slightly. My bigger concern would be why are we targeting someone in a elite draft area who has not had elite production really at any level. 

Not saying he is not a good prospect, he is but I think his size has inflated his draft stock. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Only slightly. My bigger concern would be why are we targeting someone in a elite draft area who has not had elite production really at any level. 

Not saying he is not a good prospect, he is but I think his size has inflated his draft stock. 

Yeah well mister, I was trying to dip my toe in the waters as opposed to full teardown. ;)

Otherwise, I concur.

58 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Which player do you mean? Honzek?

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

It won't be our luxury at pick #10 to feel anything about Cayden Lindstrom.

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I believe there was a wrist injury with Lindstrom too.

I think he’s long gone before Calgary picks. Big centre, skates well, he’s also a pain to play against. Checks all the boxes.

He would fill a. Major need, but I think CBJ or MTL will take him before Calgary even has a chance.

Flames are set to draft 9th most likely after Ott loss today. Assuming they lose to Van as well

With the 8th overall pick in 2024 draft the Seattle Kraken select from the....

No don't do it😄

39 minutes ago, Otown72 said:

Flames are set to draft 9th most likely after Ott loss today. Assuming they lose to Van as well

With the 8th overall pick in 2024 draft the Seattle Kraken select from the....

No don't do it😄

I think the Kraken are candidates to take a defenceman

In their three drafts they've taken two centres and a winger with their 1st's.

I think that would be annoying from a Flames perspective.

After tonight, Flames now will enter the draft lottery in 8-10 spot. Can only move up or down 1 spot with 2 games remaining. So top 10 pick unless a team outside of top 10 wins the lotto.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bosn111 said:

After tonight, Flames now will enter the draft lottery in 8-10 spot. Can only move up or down 1 spot with 2 games remaining. So top 10 pick unless a team outside of top 10 wins the lotto.

Yup, could move down 1-2 spots depending on the lottery, or move up to 1oa or 2oa...  Tomorrow will hopefully tell the tale.