Huberdeau, Lindholm, Coronato

Dube, Kadri, Toffoli

Pelletier, Backlund, Mangiapane

Coleman, Ruzicka, Duehr
Schwindt

Weegar, Andersson

Kylington, Tanev

Hanifin/Poirier, Zadorov

I want to trade Coleman or/and Hanifin for Cap reasons. 

Poirier probably needs another full AHL year.

41 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I wonder what the likelihood that Zary or anyone else in the system could be ready? 

I doubt some of their skills tramslate but wondering if Schwindt or more so Pospisil can ever fill the 4th line the way they play? I doubt it. 

who will we have to rid of to be compliant?

Well, one is never sure.  Sutter talked about Zary like he was ready but needed more pro time.

Not called up at all, so we have unknown prospects.

Same for the other guys you mention.

We saw DeSimone for a bit, but Gilbert is grittier.

We don't have enough cap (at present level) to keep the team together.

We have 11F 7D and 2G, and a couple hundred bucks to fil the roster.

That's not even re-signing Duhr.

Backlund or Hanifin or Tanev or Coleman gets you enough to sign a couple of pieces.

Not a better roster.  Two of those guys for a C and some cap and maybe equal.

19 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I wonder what the likelihood that Zary or anyone else in the system could be ready? 

I doubt some of their skills tramslate but wondering if Schwindt or more so Pospisil can ever fill the 4th line the way they play? I doubt it. 

who will we have to rid of to be compliant?

IMO Zary is ready now and should be penciled into the lineup for next year. 

Schwidnt could surprise for sure. he's had an up and down season but much like Dueher you see some raw skills there that could translate for sure. I think is Pospisil could stay healthy he'd already be given a shot but he just cant' unfortunately stay healthy. 

I think you also looking at names like Kuznetsov and Soloyvov that could challenge for depth roles on the blueline next year too. 

There is plenty of talent available you just need a coach wiling to use it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cross16 said:

IMO Zary is ready now and should be penciled into the lineup for next year. 

Schwidnt could surprise for sure. he's had an up and down season but much like Dueher you see some raw skills there that could translate for sure. I think is Pospisil could stay healthy he'd already be given a shot but he just cant' unfortunately stay healthy. 

I think you also looking at names like Kuznetsov and Soloyvov that could challenge for depth roles on the blueline next year too. 

There is plenty of talent available you just need a coach wiling to use it. 

Is Pospisil really 6'-2" but only 181 lbs?

The way he plays and the role he plays, he really needs to be 210 lbs pure muscle.  They seem to never update these player profile pages after draft day.

3 hours ago, The_People1 said:

The way he plays and the role he plays, he really needs to be 210 lbs pure muscle.  They seem to never update these player profile pages after draft day.

Heat roster says he is 195 pounds, so a bit bigger.

On 3/31/2023 at 5:00 PM, The_People1 said:

I wouldn’t trust what they have him listed at. I’ve seen him and he’s bigger than that IMO. 

but it doesn’t really matter as until he can stay healthy it’s tough to give him a shot. 

7 hours ago, robrob74 said:

Next year:

Ruzicka, Lindholm, Tofolli

Huberdeau, Zary, Coronato

Pelletier, Backlund, Mangiapane

Duehr, Kadri, Dube 

Weegar, Andersson

Kylington, xxx

Zadorov, Stetcher?

Trades:

Tanev

Hanifin

Coleman

I keep the Backs coleman Mags line but if we could move him I would. Hanifin and Kadri would have played their last games for me tonight, especially Kadri guy is the biggest POS on this roster right absolute cancer, reminds me of E Kane

11 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I'm not holding my breath, but it would be awesome to see Wolf, Coronato and Zary in game 82 against SJ.

Heck, even in game 81 against NSH

And for fun, I'd throw Phillips in there, too. The guy deserves it, I'd give him a game with the Flames, and then send him on to try for a Calder Cup.

Love.

11 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

And for fun, I'd throw Phillips in there, too. The guy deserves it, I'd give him a game with the Flames, and then send him on to try for a Calder Cup.

Love.

Our luck, he gets there and scores 3 goals and we miss the draft lotto by one spot.

I don't think it's right that we don't give any runway to young players since they had a bad camp.

Or don't fit the view of a coach.  Scoring in the NHL is tough.  Players are not small.

Big difference....bla bla bla.

56 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Our luck, he gets there and scores 3 goals and we miss the draft lotto by one spot.

I don't think it's right that we don't give any runway to young players since they had a bad camp.

Or don't fit the view of a coach.  Scoring in the NHL is tough.  Players are not small.

Big difference....bla bla bla.

Jaysus... can you imagine if Pelletier had a game like Kadri played last night?

Love.

20 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

Jaysus... can you imagine if Pelletier had a game like Kadri played last night?

Love.

I do get that you want to teach young players how to be consistent. I wonder though, how players like Pelletier or Ruzicka can affect the game when they're staples to h th E bench. 26 points in 28 games or something, the team has a hard time scoring, yet a guy who got you some points gets stapled.

I understand he's not effecting the game in other ways, but coach. Play him in positions that allow him to score, where they need the most help.  Coach, by matching a best line in a position to score against weak lines, instead of just rolling lines, like offensive zone draws. Get those other lines out accordingly. 

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

No lineups until pre-game skate.

Markstrom is confirmed to start.

No big surprise.

Both goaltenders at this point are basically crap, you can expect at least 4 GA at each game until the end of this catastrophic season.  I can see the Jets putting the final nail in the coffin tonight in a convincing way.  In the meantime, since I live in Chicago, I've gotten to really like P. Kane so I'll be cheering and following the Rangers for the rest of this year.  One can only hope for a major cleaning of the front office and coaching staff to somehow start over.  Enough said from me, I'm done with this team!

• Like 1

Should soon be able to send down the AHL players and Voronato.

In game 82, if there is even a slim, next to nothing chance of us getting in, we won't see the kids.

WPG has one remaining and NAS has 2 after we play game 82.

Conceivably it's a meaningful game.  Yeah, right.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Should soon be able to send down the AHL players and Voronato.

In game 82, if there is even a slim, next to nothing chance of us getting in, we won't see the kids.

WPG has one remaining and NAS has 2 after we play game 82.

Conceivably it's a meaningful game.  Yeah, right.

disappointing when some of those kids actually play better or harder than a lot of the vets. Imagine how it might help their development?

46 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

disappointing when some of those kids actually play better or harder than a lot of the vets. Imagine how it might help their development?

Coach doesn't care one bit.  He is only concerned with getting in.

Rightly so, but there was time earlier in the season when you benefit the team and the players.

I don't buy that we have the best possible roster.

Perhaps some of it is loyalty to his guys.

Give them the last season to have sometihing to remember.

Shouldn't getting in dictate playing your best players?

When you have guys who keep getting inserted into the lineup and do not produce. 75 GP and less than 20 pts, 7 goals; 80 GP 20 pts 9 goals.

We do not know who are best players are because our coach is reluctant to explore.

At this point, I get that Sutter won't do anything. But as a fan, I would love to see some youthful energy these last two games even.

I do not know which is less sane, but as is this Flames team gives me little to no hope of going anywhere even if they did sneak in.

• Like 2

Not exactly a surprise, but only one lineup change, and it's not somebody sitting:

#FlamesNHL_Team_2022_Flames.png tonight vs. Nashville:

Dube-Lindholm-Toffoli

Huberdeau-Backlund-Mangiapane

Ritchie-Kadri-Coleman

Lucic-Lewis-Duehr  

Weegar-Andersson

Hanifin-Tanev

Zadorov-Stecher

Markstrom