Lucic-Ruzicka-Lewis

Hanifin-Tanev

Zadorov-Weegar

Gilbert-Stone

Vladar

hmmmm

GDT over there--------------->

😝

In SoCal and Florida many players have been known to take up surfing and often do so during the season, players ride sport bikes and drive sports cars, but if you play for a Canadian team god forbid you ride a motorized scooter in a downtown of a major city like a normal human being.  How using today to show concern for a human being, instead trying to shame him for possibly hurting the team.  No wonder players don't want to be here and deal with this idiot on a daily basis.

3 hours ago, sak22 said:

In SoCal and Florida many players have been known to take up surfing and often do so during the season, players ride sport bikes and drive sports cars, but if you play for a Canadian team god forbid you ride a motorized scooter in a downtown of a major city like a normal human being.  How using today to show concern for a human being, instead trying to shame him for possibly hurting the team.  No wonder players don't want to be here and deal with this idiot on a daily basis.

Was it like a Vespa? Or was it one of these?

bird-2-1024px.jpeg

Not that it matters... just curious.

Love.

I'm beginning to think that Kadri is not a C.

29% last night.

Average of 46% this season.

Maybe it's time to try something else or at least put guys together that will shoot.

And get Huberdeau back to LW.

Huberdeau-Lindholm-Dube

Pelletier-Kadri-Toffoli

At least Huberdeau has someone to pass to that can shoot, and Lindholm wins draws.

Pelletier becomes the passer for two shooters.

This is a tough one because Mang-Coleman and Backs have been excellent. About the only consistent line they have right now but I'd be really tempted to do this

Huberdeau- Lindholm - Dube

Mang - Kadri - Toffoli

Pelletier - Backs - Coleman

I don't mind doing Pelletier-Kadri- Toffoli, just always love how Backs brings the best out of young guys. 

but ya it's time for a lineup change. I don't really understand the reluctant to move guys around given there results are avg at best, outside of the Backlund line. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

This is a tough one because Mang-Coleman and Backs have been excellent. About the only consistent line they have right now but I'd be really tempted to do this

Huberdeau- Lindholm - Dube

Mang - Kadri - Toffoli

Pelletier - Backs - Coleman

I don't mind doing Pelletier-Kadri- Toffoli, just always love how Backs brings the best out of young guys. 

but ya it's time for a lineup change. I don't really understand the reluctant to move guys around given there results are avg at best, outside of the Backlund line. 

I could go either way.  Prefer to keep Mange away from Toffoli; too many shooters.

But any change would be better.

Maybe Sutter sees something I am not, but I'm not seeing a lot about the lineup that gives me hope of going on a run.  Top line with Dube is good some nights and really good others.  The 2nd line has good shifts.  The 3rd line is defensively sound but isn't scoring as much as having a 30g guy should.  4th line just chews up time.  AT worst they are outmatched, at best they spend time in the O-zone wearing down the D.

Yes, you can blame some of that in the D not moving the puck efficiently, but I'm not seeing much chemistry or UMPH in anything we throw out there.  A bad shift by Ruzicka and he gets the boot off the lines, but I'm not sure what you expect with that present 4th line.  It's not scoring.  It's not defending.  IMHO, one of the worst lines in the league on most nights.

When we lose one like the game against OTT, Sutter says we were dominant and the guys were gassed.  When we lose to DET, he says we were in it but didn't get a timely goal.  It's a always looking for the next goal game.  If it's not working most nights, why are we staying exactly the same.

27 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I'd do this trade...

Whoopsie, I thought Ritchie was also injured.

So, we have two young players that will fight to replace Lewis or Ritchie.

My immediate choice would be:

Ruzicka-Lewis-Duehr

What we will get is:

Lucic-Lewis-Ritchie

or 

Lucic-Ruzicka-Lewis

or

Lucic-Lewis-Duehr

Guaranted to not fix any problem.....

SIXTY PERCENT OFTHE TIME HEEE SEX PANTHER ITWORKS EVERY TIME Sixty Percent of  the Time It Works Every Time - 60% of the Time | Sex Meme on ME.ME

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

In no particular order, I'd go:

Ruzicka, Kadri, Pelletier

Huberdeau, Backlund, Mangiapane

Dube, Lindholm, Toffoli

Coleman, Lewis, Duehr

Weegar, Andersson

Hanifin, Tanev

Zadorov, Gilbert

"I'd go" is the operative words here.  You see problems and would like to fix them or at the very least try something that might work.  I think the D you are suggesting is what I would do as well.  Keep Weegar on the LD.  Gilbert has shown he can play RD.  

I think you could safely swap Huberdeau with Dube and not see any issues.

Actually there are a number of option, other than doing diddly-f-all.

There's not enough right to stay the way we are.

Pat Steinberg

@Fan960Steinberg

·

40m

#Flames projected tonight vs. Arizona, per the team:

Dube-Lindholm-Toffoli

Pelletier-Kadri-Huberdeau

Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman

Lucic-Lewis-Duehr  

Hanifin-Andersson

Weegar-Tanev

Zadorov-Gilbert

Vladar

So, it comes down to "must be Ruzicka" when figuring out the loss vs wins.  The choice to start Vladar is likely to try to secire a win against a lotto team, while the scheduled loss gets Markstrom as the starter.  Not a bad strategy I guess.  Markstrom played better against NY than against Philly.  But who knopws.  Vladar normally gets the B2B 2nd game or the tougher game and we lose.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Is there an NHL roster that Lucic could crack full-time outside of Calgary's? Honest question.

Teams with playoff aspirations or just any NHL team?

And to be fair to Calgary, we are playing him not that he cracked the lineup.

If I was Seattle, I would want to protect Beniers.

Or NJ to protect Hughes and such.

And those are just teams that might like to have him in the lineup at some point.

One thing I am liking is the fact that Huberdeau and Pelletier have a bod between them.  Young potential star and vet star.  They seem to have real chemistry on the ice as well.  Just a shame that Kadri is the one picked to be their C.  I like Kadri, but don't think he matches up with two cerebral players.  Kadri is more of a pass to me I shoot or I pass to you and you shoot player.  While it would be tough to break up the top line, I would like to see if Kadri with Dube and Toffoli could be a thing.  Kadri would certainly get more assists that way.  

Pelletier-Lindholm-Huberdeau

Dube-Kadri-Toffoli

Mange-Backs-Coleman

Ruzicka-Lewis-Duehr

Essentially you are making minor changes to the lineup.

Swapping C's between 1st and 2nd lines.

Swapping Lucic with Ruzicka.

Lucic is only ever effective in one zone, and that's if the other two are hard on the forecheck.

Ruzicka adds speed and D zone awareness.

He hasn't looked good when Lucic is on his line.

His best games were with Lindholm or Backlund (very limited IIRC).

But Lucic only ever has a good game every 5-6 games at most.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

This should go into the GDT, and I'm a bit busy to make one (I'm usually an emergency callup), but here are some changes:

Love.

I like one line out of 4.

This is the dramatic change to the recent stretches of stink.

Maybe Duehr isn't the problem.

Move Dube to LW and Ruzie in C and Duehr to RW and you have something.

Maybe there is a problem with Kadri with Hubey?

Anyway, I may not get to the emergency GDT, but will step in if nothing by anthem time.

26 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

This should go into the GDT, and I'm a bit busy to make one (I'm usually an emergency callup), but here are some changes:

Love.

Yikes! 
Is Ruzicka waiver eligible? We should have traded him. He's not going to get another look with this coach. Duehr playing well and he's riding the pine in the seats? Yikes!

Dube scoring at the best clip lately but goes 4th line C? 

I doubt the lines stay the same in game but wow! 

Surely Duehr is playing better than Lucic? Guess you can't embarrass the big guy anymore?

15 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I like one line out of 4.

This is the dramatic change to the recent stretches of stink.

Maybe Duehr isn't the problem.

Move Dube to LW and Ruzie in C and Duehr to RW and you have something.

Maybe there is a problem with Kadri with Hubey?

Anyway, I may not get to the emergency GDT, but will step in if nothing by anthem time.

Why not go:

Pelletier, Lindholm, Toffoli

Ruzicka, Kadri, Huberdeau

Mangiapane, Backlund, Coleman

Ritchie, Dube, Duehr/Lewis

Ruzie might have a bit more fire now that he's been out a long time.