Flames 22/23 Lineup

travel_dude

48 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Not exactly a surprise, but only one lineup change, and it's not somebody sitting:

#FlamesNHL_Team_2022_Flames.png tonight vs. Nashville:

Dube-Lindholm-Toffoli

Huberdeau-Backlund-Mangiapane

Ritchie-Kadri-Coleman

Lucic-Lewis-Duehr  

Weegar-Andersson

Hanifin-Tanev

Zadorov-Stecher

Markstrom

2 players have had a huge impact on the 4th line. Pelletier and Duehr. It doesn't matter.

I loved our coach once upon a time, but now it's pretty much just him stoically thinking everyone else is dumb.

I'm shocked that he would rather die on this sword than show any hint of being progressive.

I'm pretty sad that he's chosen this slow death. It's pretty selfish to not even consider change.

I was one of his biggest supporters. Now he can't leave fast enough.

That feeling of you really want someone to succeed and it ends with you being tired of their bullSatoshi Nakamoto?

Yuuup.

11 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

2 players have had a huge impact on the 4th line. Pelletier and Duehr. It doesn't matter.

I loved our coach once upon a time, but now it's pretty much just him stoically thinking everyone else is dumb.

I'm shocked that he would rather die on this sword than show any hint of being progressive.

I'm pretty sad that he's chosen this slow death. It's pretty selfish to not even consider change.

That feeling of you really want someone to succeed and it ends with you being tired of their bullSatoshi Nakamoto?

Yuuup.

Agreed!

Even with him newly extended, I hope that the necessary change is coming.

May not if we make  it😆

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Yuuup.

Sorry, I gave up on the coach back when he played Lucic with Hubey and Kadri.  Not only was he using a 4th line guy with out two top paid (soon to be anyway) players, but he was forcing Hubey to RW to make it happen.  Did those guys gets points?  Yup.  Was it Lucic or the guys finally starting to turn the corner.  Maybe just luck.  In Sutter's mind, it proved you can play anyone anywhere and not worry about a guy that played all of his career on LW.  

We are coming off a freakin' loss.  Our last 3, lose one win one lose one.  Outside of the playoffs with 2 left.  Never beat NAS this season.  What NAS player has zero goals?  Afanasyov, Statstney, Asplund.  And Janko there to boot.  What could go wrong. 

29 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Really exciting.

Wolf in particular. It’s very well deserved. Might be the AHL MVP. Not worth reading much into how it goes, game 82 against a team with hopes for Bedard,  but would be a very cool. Wolf grew up and SJ fan too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

Wranglers and Flames both play Wednesday, so we should see the official recall for Wolf in the morning.

It's a shame to play Wolf with this team, especially now.

Happy to see him start, assuming he isn't dicked around.

Waiting to see where Coronato plays in the lineup.

Wolf expected to start.

It's going to be a rough night for Wolf.

There might be some excitement with the team having the kids get a shot.

Or there could be a big letdown after being eliminated.

Since it's a nothing game, please try a line like you practiced:

Pelletier-Ruzicka-Coronato

Sit Lucic, Lewis and Ritchie.

Bump up Duehr to Kadri line.

At least pretend that you have some plan for next season.

8 minutes ago, medatswhoP said:

Wolf playing will be good for him, the team will and should push for a win for him.

Either way its experience on both sides of the coin for him, I'm looking forward to watching him play.

there is the crux of it all... it's good publicity to have them play. Good for them too. Dreams come true.

Nice to see the flames do the right thing and get these kids some games. I expect wolf is gonna have a rough one though. This team wasn’t getting up for games in a a playoff race so I’m not sure winning one for a 22 year old kid is gonna matter much. 

doesn’t really matter just hope we don’t get an overreaction either way. 

• Like 1

So Pellets been here for 23 games and hasn't done all that much why are we not given Phillips a better shack it is not fair Phillips has bleed blood for our system he should be up here right now. Is it because he will probably not resign here? I'm not positive what G6 means ?

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Nice to see the flames do the right thing and get these kids some games. I expect wolf is gonna have a rough one though. This tram wasn’t getting up for games in a a playoff race so I’m not sure winning one for a 22 year old kid is gonna matter much. 

No overreacting what??

You're no fun anymore.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, cross16 said:

Nice to see the flames do the right thing and get these kids some games. I expect wolf is gonna have a rough one though. This team wasn’t getting up for games in a a playoff race so I’m not sure winning one for a 22 year old kid is gonna matter much. 

This team only plays when nothing is on the line.  We going to dominate the Sharks.

Looks like the lines tonight are:

Dube-Lindholm-Toffoli

Huberdeau-Backlund-Mangiapane

Pelletier-Kadri-Coronato

Lucic-Lewis-Coleman

Hanifin-Andersson

Zadorov-Weegar

Stecher-Stone

So, the scratches are:

Duehr, Ritchie, Ruzicka, Tanev, Vladar

So Sutter-ish.  I suppose it makes sense to have Markstrom back up the rookie, give him some bad ideas.

Just kidding, you probably want the vet in his corner.

Lucic and Lewis's last games as Flames (we can only hope).

No hockey for you Ruzicka.

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

No hockey for you Ruzicka.

Really tho, at one point Ruzicka was scoring 20-points in 23-games or something like that.  One of Sutter's many key mistakes this season.  Should've kept the hot hand going... Ruzicka had like 2 bad games in a row and he was banished.  Short leash.  Typecasted and stereotyped into a lesser role.  Sutter never believed in Ruzicka.  Feel bad for him.

11 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Really tho, at one point Ruzicka was scoring 20-points in 23-games or something like that.  One of Sutter's many key mistakes this season.  Should've kept the hot hand going... Ruzicka had like 2 bad games in a row and he was banished.  Short leash.  Typecasted and stereotyped into a lesser role.  Sutter never believed in Ruzicka.  Feel bad for him.

I was really excited to see him play.  Once he got scratched, he lost his reason for playing it seems.  Just another victim of the Sutter regime.

40 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Lucic and Lewis's last games as Flames (we can only hope).

Both are so done.

Ruzicka and Duehr should play full time next season in a bottom 6 role.  

I wonder if Sutter will demand the Flames bring back Nick Ritchie and Brett Ritchie for next season?  This especially with Lucic potentially retiring (hopefully), Sutter may feel Brett Ritchie can bring the fighting?  Sutter seems to like what Nick brings... Nick at $1.2-mil is okay.  No way sign Nick to $2.5-mil and I don't think there is a market for him anyways.  Brett for league minimum.  I'm okay with them in a 4th line or 13th forward role.

49 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Both are so done.

I wonder if Sutter will demand the Flames bring back Nick Ritchie and Brett Ritchie for next season?  This especially with Lucic potentially retiring (hopefully), Sutter may feel Brett Ritchie can bring the fighting?  Sutter seems to like what Nick brings... Nick at $1.2-mil is okay.  No way sign Nick to $2.5-mil and I don't think there is a market for him anyways.  Brett for league minimum.  I'm okay with them in a 4th line or 13th forward role.

i think if Sutter is back he would probably like Brett. 

I think building a quality 4th line is harder than it seems. Last year we seemed to get more out of them, but a year older seems to have killed them. 

25 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

i think if Sutter is back he would probably like Brett. 

I think building a quality 4th line is harder than it seems. Last year we seemed to get more out of them, but a year older seems to have killed them. 

Sutter hockey means the 4th line has to be crash and bang.  Ruzicka has size but doesn't use it.  Decent player but style clash with the coach.  Not hard to see he's the odd man out again next season.

3 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Sutter hockey means the 4th line has to be crash and bang.  Ruzicka has size but doesn't use it.  Decent player but style clash with the coach.  Not hard to see he's the odd man out again next season.

He may not have had value in the TDL but I thought we should try and trade him but maybe less value. But he may not have any value after this year anyway and won't be used next year.

4 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Both are so done.

So you want change but you're okay with not one Ritchie, but both? Our one common consistency is too many low skill players. Are you sure you're okay with that? It's like trading a throwaway 4th line for, well, yet another throwaway 4th line.

5 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

So you want change but you're okay with not one Ritchie, but both? Our one common consistency is too many low skill players. Are you sure you're okay with that? It's like trading a throwaway 4th line for, well, yet another throwaway 4th line.

yup! I don't mind Lewis over either Ritchie. The better Ritchie is kind of like Ruzicka. The other Ritchie is barely an NHL player.

I just don't like how Sutter uses Lewis. Meaning I'd like him to try younger guys more but Lewis does some things well.

11 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

We are not getting change though.  So the next best thing is hoping the Flames get a Sutter team at the best possible cap hit.  I've never had a problem with Brett... Nick is okay at a better cap hit so he can play 4th line. $2.5-mil is too much.  $1.2-mil is good.  Of course in a perfect world, the Flames 4th line next season is all young blood.  I'll take Pelletier - Ruzicka - Duehr for 82-games on the 4th line.  But that's not the 4th line Sutter wants.

8 hours ago, conundrumed said:

8 hours ago, robrob74 said:

yup! I don't mind Lewis over either Ritchie. The better Ritchie is kind of like Ruzicka. The other Ritchie is barely an NHL player.

I just don't like how Sutter uses Lewis. Meaning I'd like him to try younger guys more but Lewis does some things well.

8 hours ago, The_People1 said:

We are not getting change though.  So the next best thing is hoping the Flames get a Sutter team at the best possible cap hit.  I've never had a problem with Brett... Nick is okay at a better cap hit so he can play 4th line. $2.5-mil is too much.  $1.2-mil is good.  Of course in a perfect world, the Flames 4th line next season is all young blood.  I'll take Pelletier - Ruzicka - Duehr for 82-games on the 4th line.  But that's not the 4th line Sutter wants.

ARI will re-sign both Ritchie's.  I was okay with Brett, but he wasn't a good fighter.  So, it was just grit when he was healthy.  I'm not against having a fighter in the lineup for a dozen games, maybe 24, but 82 is not needed.  If we get a new GM, then he's going to have to decide on the roster, not the coach.  

I can personally do without anyone named Lewis, Lucic or Ritchie.  Coleman is a liability most nights, since he takes 10-1 penalties to what he draws.  Considering that we have to make trades to keep the roster we already have for next year, there is little to nothing available for scrubs.  Backlund and Hanifin out for cheaper alternatives isn't because they are useless or one of our best C's, it's about surviving the cap and changing the approach to the team.