Jonathan Huberdeau

Thebrewcrew

Huberdeau is a stud that will replace Gaudreau fairly easily.

My prediction for next season's lineup:

Huberdeau (LW) - Lindholm (C/RW) - Toffoli (RW/LW) - This should bump Toffoli's stats in case they want to trade him at the TDL.

Mangiapane (LW/RW) - Backlund (C) - Coleman (LW/RW)

Dube (LW/C/RW) - Monahan (C) - Rooney (LW/C/RW)

Lucic (LW) - Ruzicka (C/RW) - Lewis (RW) (both Lucic and Lewis can take face-offs on occasion)

Phillips (C/RW) - has to clear waivers, so I think that he will be the 13th forward.

Obviously, I am assuming that Monahan recovers near fully from his last hip injury and can play to at least 3C level.

I'm not including Duehr (RW) on the roster as he is still waiver exempt.

Hanafin (LD) - Andersson (RD)

Zadorov (LD/RD) - Weeger (RD)

Kylington (LD/RD) - Tanev (RD) (This gives Tanev less minutes so less chance of injury).

Valamaki (LD) or MacKey (LD) - Meloche (RD)

Valimaki and MacKey both need to clear waivers, so I expect that one of them will be traded for a draft pick.

Markstrom

Vladar

• Like 1

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Holy crap!! Can we still not make new threads about the trade? We'll schlock everything together in the offseason thread...consider me annoyed af.

But what a trade.$12.5 x 8 extension. DO IT NOW!!

He's as good as Gaudreau.

It's gotta be a shock to the system going from Florida to Alberta. He's new to the organization as well so I think he might cost more than Johnny's rumoured price. That's fine though. Flames have to extend him

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

He's as good as Gaudreau.

It's gotta be a shock to the system going from Florida to Alberta. He's new to the organization as well so I think he might cost more than Johnny's rumoured price. That's fine though. Flames have to extend him

With Mony and Lucic expiring, not extending now makes no sense. Give him all of their money. One of the best in the league. Get it done. Otherwise we can't keep him at TDL regardless of how we're doing.

This return is incredible. I'd say he's better than JG personally. Way more edge to his game.

It's very hard to find anything negative to say about this.

Good thing you guys have me.

Huberdeau is a one-season rental  (Weegar too) until BT can prove otherwise.    Don't worry, it's not like BT would just let a UFA go for nothing.......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jjgallow said:

It's very hard to find anything negative to say about this.

Good thing you guys have me.

Huberdeau is a one-season rental  (Weegar too) until BT can prove otherwise.    Don't worry, it's not like BT would just let a UFA go for nothing.......

But.....

Huberdeau has a lot more trade value than Tkachuk, Weegar is valuanle. We got a 1st. already. If this turns into tdl deals we'll clean up.

This is an incredible trade by BT. Imho, that's more than Tkachuk is worth. By a fair bit.

If you have to trade Huberdeau, that's way more than an RFA Tkachuk.

And you got Weegar and a 1st. Holy Blockchain.

How do you paint this negatively?

BT with the fullcourt press,

Incredible. We had almost zero leverage.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

But.....

Huberdeau has a lot more trade value than Tkachuk, Weegar is valuanle. We got a 1st. already. If this turns into tdl deals we'll clean up.

This is an incredible trade by BT. Imho, that's more than Tkachuk is worth. By a fair bit.

the way I see it, Tkachuk did the Flames a favour. He was leaving and we only had one year left of him anyway. He was an RFA but not the same as an RFA coming off an ELC. 

while I wished for the futures like others, I can view this as trading two players (one this off-season) gone by the end of next year for upgrades on the team. Tkachuk has a great hockey mind, but like you, I think if he's not agitating, he tends to go quiet. He had yet to rise to an occasion on a big game. 

I think if BT can extend one of Weeger and Huberdeau, he's won the trade. I felt he'd be worth a bit, and like others, expected a young piece. We did get a 1st and a prospect as insurance for them not signing. 

it's up to the Flames scouts now to scout the Satoshi Nakamoto out of that draft. Pull a yzerman and go high end skill over safe. 

22 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

it's up to the Flames scouts now to scout the Satoshi Nakamoto out of that draft. Pull a yzerman and go high end skill over safe. 

It's too bad that the 1st round pick is so far away. I mean, the kid that will be picked is very likely learning to drive right now lol

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

It's too bad that the 1st round pick is so far away. I mean, the kid that will be picked is very likely learning to drive right now lol

plus probably 5 - 7 years away from possibly making the team. 

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

But.....

Argg, we are now already talking about trading the guy?  Yeah, I know it's a response to JJ.

You suggested re-signing for 12.5 x 8?

Were you meaning JH and MW?

Or just JH?

Tkachuk, assuming we signed him (not arbitration award) to one year for the purpose of trading him...

Trading him in pre-season, mid-season or TDL, it's a tough trade.

Pending UFA with not a great playoff history.

And he only has value if he puts up great numbers.

That's not guaranteed now.

Huberdeau, at 5.9M is far more attractive.

My first choice is to lock up Hiberdeau.

Weeger really depends on his fit.

As a TDL trade, he could get a 1st, a prospect and a roster player.

Think Hampus Lindholm trade.

So how will Mony figure into our future plans will he be back to his old self or is he done as a top 2 center? What about this Kid swindit will he be a top 4 center or is he just some filler we got to finish this trade off he is a big kid but so far his numbers are null in void -4 he couldn't even push 20 goals in 79 games in the A I think we would have been better off to get a pick ?

1 hour ago, zima said:

So how will Mony figure into our future plans will he be back to his old self or is he done as a top 2 center? What about this Kid swindit will he be a top 4 center or is he just some filler we got to finish this trade off he is a big kid but so far his numbers are null in void -4 he couldn't even push 20 goals in 79 games in the A I think we would have been better off to get a pick ?

Monahan may stay to run out his deal.  Might have enough in the tank to be re-signed here.  Or we find a team where he would like to play.  

The prospect is worth about a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but FLA is tapped for picks.  I doubt they included another one.  The prospect is a RHS C.  

Might be able to push Zary.

Huberdeau has a connection to the Flames that I completely forgot about. Markstrom.

Often forget that Markstrom started out a Panther. 

It was early in both of their careers and of course, we'd have no idea what relationship they have. But at least Huberdeau isn't coming to Calgary with zero familarity. Markstrom also signed here as a UFA with several other options, might be able to help/sway Hubderdeau a bit. Hopefully.

Played several years with Gudbranson. Also played with Albertan and former Flame Versteeg. 

42 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Huberdeau has a connection to the Flames that I completely forgot about. Markstrom.

Often forget that Markstrom started out a Panther. 

It was early in both of their careers and of course, we'd have no idea what relationship they have. But at least Huberdeau isn't coming to Calgary with zero familarity. Markstrom also signed here as a UFA with several other options, might be able to help/sway Hubderdeau a bit. Hopefully.

Played several years with Gudbranson. Also played with Albertan and former Flame Versteeg. 

I think they need to roll out the carpet for these two.

We don't seem to do much, compared to say Vegas.

Introduce him to the Swedish mafia (lindy and Marky) and make him part of the club.

Take him fishing.

13 hours ago, conundrumed said:

But.....

It's what I do

On 7/23/2022 at 3:17 PM, 420since1974 said:

Huberdeau is a stud that will replace Gaudreau fairly easily.

My prediction for next season's lineup:

Huberdeau (LW) - Lindholm (C/RW) - Toffoli (RW/LW) - This should bump Toffoli's stats in case they want to trade him at the TDL.

Mangiapane (LW/RW) - Backlund (C) - Coleman (LW/RW)

Dube (LW/C/RW) - Monahan (C) - Rooney (LW/C/RW)

Lucic (LW) - Ruzicka (C/RW) - Lewis (RW) (both Lucic and Lewis can take face-offs on occasion)

Phillips (C/RW) - has to clear waivers, so I think that he will be the 13th forward.

Obviously, I am assuming that Monahan recovers near fully from his last hip injury and can play to at least 3C level.

I'm not including Duehr (RW) on the roster as he is still waiver exempt.

Hanafin (LD) - Andersson (RD)

Zadorov (LD/RD) - Weeger (RD)

Kylington (LD/RD) - Tanev (RD) (This gives Tanev less minutes so less chance of injury).

Valamaki (LD) or MacKey (LD) - Meloche (RD)

Valimaki and MacKey both need to clear waivers, so I expect that one of them will be traded for a draft pick.

Markstrom

Vladar

Our 3rd line and 4th line looks horrible.  They need somebody on top 6 or they really need to fix the bottom 6.  

13 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Argg, we are now already talking about trading the guy?  Yeah, I know it's a response to JJ.

You suggested re-signing for 12.5 x 8?

Were you meaning JH and MW?

Or just JH?

Tkachuk, assuming we signed him (not arbitration award) to one year for the purpose of trading him...

Trading him in pre-season, mid-season or TDL, it's a tough trade.

Pending UFA with not a great playoff history.

And he only has value if he puts up great numbers.

That's not guaranteed now.

Huberdeau, at 5.9M is far more attractive.

My first choice is to lock up Hiberdeau.

Weeger really depends on his fit.

As a TDL trade, he could get a 1st, a prospect and a roster player.

Think Hampus Lindholm trade.

No way I will pay Huberdeau more than Gaudreau and he is older too.  9.5 to 10M for Huberdeau is reasonable.  Half million more is not gonna change those players mind if they don't want to stay here.  Both Hubereau and Weegar will have good return, probably couple first rounds.  This was BT plan, if doesn't work out we go rebuild, its' just won't be him doing it.  It's not like he has many choices when he was trading Tkachuk, it was the best deal he can get and he knows the risk.

Could be due to the fact that he played in FLA and there weren't as many eyes on him but Huberdeau has been pt/g for four years in a row.

Johnny had only been at level twice in the past four seasons.

This is an elite player and if he's not flipped soon, fans are going to love watching him.