Jonathan Huberdeau

Thebrewcrew

8 minutes ago, crazyflames said:

You can't replace 200+ points with JH.  Calgary has cap space now, get a decent RW through trade, and making JH happy on the top line.  

This line is a crock. Tkachuk and JG pointed on each others goals.

Remember that time JG made Bennett look so much better? Yeah, neither do I. Huberdeau did that. And not just Bennett, half of their roster.

Now he's pissed at FLA and I predict that he's going to terrorize.

Just now, travel_dude said:

Okay, so some perspective is required.

By losing Gaudreau, Tkachuk drops about 30 points including about 20 goals.

Tkachuk got 104 points by playing with Gaudreau and Lindholm.

Gaudreau without Tkachuk is between 65 and 85 points.

yeah, but you are still not solving any problems.  In fact, if our top line stop scoring, we would be in trouble last season.  Now even with JH, we are about 100 points less than last season.  So BT must address that, 3rd line forward is not enough to fit it.

2 minutes ago, crazyflames said:

Do you know if we scored 100 points less last season, would we able get into playoff?  So how can we be any better?  The math doesn't add up.  

The Flames were a very good defensive team last year. That's going to continue.

They can still win a lot of games, you're just not gonna see many 6-1 wins, more 3-2 wins.

8 minutes ago, crazyflames said:

yeah, but you are still not solving any problems.  In fact, if our top line stop scoring, we would be in trouble last season.  Now even with JH, we are about 100 points less than last season.  So BT must address that, 3rd line forward is not enough to fit it.

Damn, you just want to be negative so you're skewering this thing. I just don't know how else to say it. Huby is the best player of the 3. I guess you'll wait for that fact to present itself.

A way more dynamic player to go up against our friends up north.

1 hour ago, crazyflames said:

Bring in JH is the best option BT had, and it a best trade and the only trade.  BT doesn't have lot of options here and he doesn't know if he can re-sign them.  However you have to realize that JH is pretty unhappy right now how this things played out.  So it will be difficult to resign him unless we have Stanley Cup potential, otherwise he can finally go to Montreal after this year.  

Has there been any real affirmation that is what he wants? Why do we assume everyone with a french name wants to play in Montreal? Regardless of whos skating there the Habs success/failure lies solely on Price and until that is addressed anyone wanting to go to a "contender" is going to scratch Montreal.

Ya I know PLD wants to go that route but IMO he's trying to live a boyhood dream over anything else, even success.  doesnt really endear you to alot of people.

*EDIT: i see many have already addressed the quoted post. Carry on.*

Gaudreau 115

Tkachuk 104

Huberdeau 115

Weegar 44

Difference is 60 NOT 100 (Basic addition) Even if we lose Kylington 31 that is still 91 points difference. It is also likely that if Toffoli or Mangiapane, who are both shooters, play with the playmaker Huberdeau, their points will increase. Whoever takes over for whoever moves up will also get points. Likely 20-30 point increase at least. The replacement gets same as them, around 50 points then the difference is only 10-20 points different, not over 100. 

Data works when you include all likely data, not just picking and choosing. Don’t forget Tkachuk benefitted from Gaudreau so others will benefit from Huberdeau.

3 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Damn, you just want to be negative so you're skewering this thing. I just don't know how else to say it. Huby is the best player of the 3. I guess you'll wait for that fact to present itself.

A way more dynamic player to go up against our friends up north.

Three pages about the player and most of it seems to be the player walking, trading him for a return more or less than Tkachuk brought back, how losing Guadreau sets us back 100 points, how he is going to MTL, etc.  We don't have to sign him day one for this to be a win.  We have Lindholm sitting back thinking he will get an extra hundered chances to score and Mangiapane drooling about being set up in the slot.

Other teams' fans are pissed.  They never expected Hubie to be available.  They hoped we would get a lesser player back in the deal.  Some are glad in the west not to see Tkachuk being a Richard against their top players.  But instead now they have to face a player that wasn't riding on someone's coattails.  

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Three pages about the player and most of it seems to be the player walking, trading him for a return more or less than Tkachuk brought back, how losing Guadreau sets us back 100 points, how he is going to MTL, etc.  We don't have to sign him day one for this to be a win.  We have Lindholm sitting back thinking he will get an extra hundered chances to score and Mangiapane drooling about being set up in the slot.

Other teams' fans are pissed.  They never expected Hubie to be available.  They hoped we would get a lesser player back in the deal.  Some are glad in the west not to see Tkachuk being a Richard against their top players.  But instead now they have to face a player that wasn't riding on someone's coattails.  

Lets be honest, that side of Chucky seemed to have disappeared a couple seasons ago.  Not to lessen Chuckys value but it was a part of his "unicorn" status.

PS...I've never heard that term used on a player until a couple weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

True story. Our only problem now is who serves the bench minor, because Huberdeau is a great PKer. Our shorties will go up. Him with either Backs or Mangia will be terrifying.

Fun fact. I did a 4 month job in Ste. Eustache and we'd go watch the midget team. There was this one kid, his name was Huberdeau...

Then I saw him at the Summer Challenge or whatever it's called in Halifax, where he captained Canada. Best player on the ice.

I watch a lot of FLA games. Trading him is not going to translate well for them. EVERYBODY'S stats get boosted by him.

42 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

True story. Our only problem now is who serves the bench minor, because Huberdeau is a great PKer. Our shorties will go up. Him with either Backs or Mangia will be terrifying.

Fun fact. I did a 4 month job in Ste. Eustache and we'd go watch the midget team. There was this one kid, his name was Huberdeau...

Then I saw him at the Summer Challenge or whatever it's called in Halifax, where he captained Canada. Best player on the ice.

I watch a lot of FLA games. Trading him is not going to translate well for them. EVERYBODY'S stats get boosted by him.

I don't think Sutter will try to change his game.  There is too much right with it.  HE hits more than Johnny.  He's less likely to drop pass to nobody.  Finding the right winger for him is crucial.  Not sure Toffoli is the right guy, but he seemed to be better at rush shots than the way we were using him.  Mangiapane can create but would have to be on the off wing.

I think it would be usefull to bring in a C/W like Rodriguez and a C like Dvorak.  The we have two scoring lines and can use Backlund as a defensive 3rd line with Coleman and other maybe Dube.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

I agree with this, at times last season I wondered if Lindy might hit 50, now with one of the best playmakers in the sport on his wing will he be just the second Swedish player ever (and second Swedish flame) to crack the 50 goal mark? 

I'm choosing to be optimistic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bosn111 said:

Gaudreau 115

Tkachuk 104

Huberdeau 115

Weegar 44

Difference is 60 NOT 100 (Basic addition) Even if we lose Kylington 31 that is still 91 points difference. It is also likely that if Toffoli or Mangiapane, who are both shooters, play with the playmaker Huberdeau, their points will increase. Whoever takes over for whoever moves up will also get points. Likely 20-30 point increase at least. The replacement gets same as them, around 50 points then the difference is only 10-20 points different, not over 100. 

Data works when you include all likely data, not just picking and choosing. Don’t forget Tkachuk benefitted from Gaudreau so others will benefit from Huberdeau.

All good points but there is still a need for another top 6 RW period…

having said that, your point is solid but to add to it, both Tachuck and Gaudreau had inflated number playing with the Lindholm factor…you gotta have a great Ctr (face offs are soooo important) otherwise you can’t control the play you chase it more than not and that is a huge job of the Ctr

22 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

All good points but there is still a need for another top 6 RW period…

having said that, your point is solid but to add to it, both Tachuck and Gaudreau had inflated number playing with the Lindholm factor…you gotta have a great Ctr (face offs are soooo important) otherwise you can’t control the play you chase it more than not and that is a huge job of the Ctr

The other thing is that he was a big reason why they were plus whatever.

Keeping the puck outa the net.

Allowing these two to play 100% on offense and not worry about turnovers.

Tkachuk was fine once we got back, but I can't remember seeing him block a shot.

Mouthguard chewers are not thinking about dropping in front of a shot.

https://www.habsfanatics.com/Major-statement-from-Huberdeau-regarding-his-possible-future-with-the-Canadiens-143817

Here's some clickbait.

"For sure you wonder if you'll be able to play for Montreal. It's a beautiful city and that's where I'm from. It's always been a dream to play for Montreal,"

Same thing we heard with Johnny, "it would be cool to play for the Flyers". Doesn't mean it's going to happen

7 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Well we can put to bed the rumor that Huberdeau has a place here. Says outside of playing here has only been to the Stampede. 

(not suggestion anything just reporting what he said)

It's a little worrisome that he hasn't embraced the team yet.

Still time.

Big shock expecting a contract offer and getting a trade call instead.

If we are not going to be able to re-sign him, I hope we get better offers than we did for Tkachuk.

NJ and NYI are still looking for big fish.

NJ would have to start with Hischier.

No Bratt for Huberdeau talk please.

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

It's a little worrisome that he hasn't embraced the team yet.

Still time.

Big shock expecting a contract offer and getting a trade call instead.

If we are not going to be able to re-sign him, I hope we get better offers than we did for Tkachuk.

NJ and NYI are still looking for big fish.

NJ would have to start with Hischier.

No Bratt for Huberdeau talk please.

I won't read into it much yet. He's gone from thinking his career was going to end in Florida to a new team in a matter of days. That's not easy to wrap your head around. 

But I do agree, they Flames cannot let him go to UFA i just won't take anything away from his first press conference. 

From the statements made, both Weegar and Huberdeau stated that it has only been a few days since the trade so they are still processing the surprise. They did both say that they are looking forward to playing with the team. They also both stated that they are open to signing extensions with the Flames if the fit is right for both sides. Both also stated no rush as they are both under contract.

For those who don’t speak French, “J’ai hâte de commencer avec l’équipe” means “I am really looking forward to starting with the team” more or less. So it is looking positive at this time.

34 minutes ago, travel_dude said:
Derek Wills

@Fan960Wills
· 1h
Jonathan Huberdeau and MacKenzie Weegar just told us that they’d be open to signing long-term with #Flames. Huberdeau said his agent has already spoken with Brad Treliving.

If they have not signed by the middle of season look to trade we don't want another JHockey I still think JHockey betrayed us