Jonathan Huberdeau

Thebrewcrew

7 hours ago, crazyflames said:

No way I will pay Huberdeau more than Gaudreau and he is older too.  9.5 to 10M for Huberdeau is reasonable.  Half million more is not gonna change those players mind if they don't want to stay here.  Both Hubereau and Weegar will have good return, probably couple first rounds.  This was BT plan, if doesn't work out we go rebuild, its' just won't be him doing it.  It's not like he has many choices when he was trading Tkachuk, it was the best deal he can get and he knows the risk.

He's older?  You mean that he was born June 4/93 and Gaudreau August 13/93 and is 2 months older?

Perhaps they can't get both players re-signed, but they must have some idea of the asking price.

You don't make a trade of a player for two pieces you have to trade.

It was the best deal they could get, assuming they can be re-signed.

Equal or better winger than Tkachuk.

Better D than we have on the 2nd pair at the very least.

Trade them, don't trade them, but don't assume we brought in a top winger in the NHL just to turn around and ship him out.

36 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

He's older?  You mean that he was born June 4/93 and Gaudreau August 13/93 and is 2 months older?

Perhaps they can't get both players re-signed, but they must have some idea of the asking price.

You don't make a trade of a player for two pieces you have to trade.

It was the best deal they could get, assuming they can be re-signed.

Equal or better winger than Tkachuk.

Better D than we have on the 2nd pair at the very least.

Trade them, don't trade them, but don't assume we brought in a top winger in the NHL just to turn around and ship him out.

Bring in JH is the best option BT had, and it a best trade and the only trade.  BT doesn't have lot of options here and he doesn't know if he can re-sign them.  However you have to realize that JH is pretty unhappy right now how this things played out.  So it will be difficult to resign him unless we have Stanley Cup potential, otherwise he can finally go to Montreal after this year.  

Where is there anything that says Huberdeau wants to go to Montreal? The unhappiness is only that his long time tenure and loyalty to Florida ended with his quick trade from the team without any notice that him being traded was even possible. It is the lack of communication from Florida that annoyed him, nothing at all to do with Calgary.

3 minutes ago, crazyflames said:

Bring in JH is the best option BT had, and it a best trade and the only trade.  BT doesn't have lot of options here and he doesn't know if he can re-sign them.  However you have to realize that JH is pretty unhappy right now how this things played out.  So it will be difficult to resign him unless we have Stanley Cup potential, otherwise he can finally go to Montreal after this year.  

I see.  So a player that wanted to play in FLA for his career and was traded now wants to go to MTL.

He won't stay unless we have cup winning potential, yet he is willing to go to MTL and not even be close?

There were other options.

Kyrou or Bratt or Hischier or Robertson.

BT didn't want to prolong it and got what he thinks will be the best two players currently available.

You don't do that to just turn around and trade them.

It's an option, but the two players make us a better team.

1 minute ago, bosn111 said:

Where is there anything that says Huberdeau wants to go to Montreal? The unhappiness is only that his long time tenure and loyalty to Florida ended with his quick trade from the team without any notice that him being traded was even possible. It is the lack of communication from Florida that annoyed him, nothing at all to do with Calgary.

JH is from Quebec.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I see.  So a player that wanted to play in FLA for his career and was traded now wants to go to MTL.

He won't stay unless we have cup winning potential, yet he is willing to go to MTL and not even be close?

There were other options.

Kyrou or Bratt or Hischier or Robertson.

BT didn't want to prolong it and got what he thinks will be the best two players currently available.

You don't do that to just turn around and trade them.

It's an option, but the two players make us a better team.

There is really no other options on the table, FLA had best asset and BT has to take it even it's UFA.  BT is not going to rebuild now, otherwise he lose his job.  He must come up with a winning team.  By getting JH and Weegar, Flames has a chance to get into playoff this year.  This is the reason he hired Sutter for Stanley Cup not for rebuild.  Just think about this, if you are BT, you know that your job is on the line.  If you go rebuild now, you are gonna lose your job right away. By losing your 2 top stars is just too much for the city and this organization.  If you savage this season, you might get chance to continue your job.  Doesn't matter what BT does, rebuild has nothing to do with him, it won't be his job.  His job is to win now, and this is the last year left as most players are UFA 2023 or 2024.  

4 minutes ago, FueltheFlames1075 said:

And Gaudreau is from New Jersey, yet he chose Columbus over NJ.🤔

Honestly I wish JH can sign here, just give him Gaudreau contract.  But I also don't know how can you guys have so much confidence after you just lose not one but two of your best players at the same time.  

Just being from Quebec doesn’t mean he wants to play for Montreal. Just because Dubois wants to, doesn’t mean Huberdeau does. I have seen nothing where he made that statement. Making assumptions based only on where they are from with no other evidence makes no sense. Fox, Gaudreau and Tkachuk had all made statements about family and home on multiple occasions. Huberdeau has not talked about the Habs to my knowledge.

12 minutes ago, bosn111 said:

It's the same "rumour" we had with Gaudreau wanting to go to Philly and Tkachuk to St. Louis. Neither happened.

I agree that he's been quiet because this has been a tough 36hrs. He's been a career Panther. He's one of the best players the franchise ever had. They were talking extension then they traded him.

He had 8 teams he didn't want to be traded to and Calgary wasn't one of them so that's a bit of good start

1 minute ago, bosn111 said:

Just being from Quebec doesn’t mean he wants to play for Montreal. Just because Dubois wants to, doesn’t mean Huberdeau does. I have seen nothing where he made that statement. Making assumptions based only on where they are from with no other evidence makes no sense. Fox, Gaudreau and Tkachuk had all made statements about family and home on multiple occasions. Huberdeau has not talked about the Habs to my knowledge.

What facts do you have suggesting he will stay here.  Its same 50/50% chance, that's what BT facing now.  Obviously he is gonna thinking over this, it's not like he is gonna sign 10.5x8 right away.

Really if we lump Huberdeau, JG & Tkachuk together, who's the best player?

Huberdeau is. Shouldn't be a debate. Adding Weegar solidifies the top 4D. I think we're all a little downtrodden and kicked around about how it has gone, but this is the best news ever.

We've just grown unaccustomed to good news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Really if we lump Huberdeau, JG & Tkachuk together, who's the best player?

Huberdeau is. Shouldn't be a debate. Adding Weegar solidifies the top 4D. I think we're all a little downtrodden and kicked around about how it has gone, but this is the best news ever.

We've just grown unaccustomed to good news.

Seriously, this is the best news ever?  Your two best players just told you that none of them want to play for this team.  Do you know how difficult is has been for this organization for the players here or the ones coming?  It has never happened in Calgary.

Just now, conundrumed said:

Can Huby take #13 so we just have to replace our nameplates?lol Backlund is 11.

I'm weird, but I always love seeing what numbers the new guys take.

Huberdeau strikes me as a 91, 61 or even 81 type player lol. Skill guy number. Maybe 93 for the birth year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazyflames said:

Seriously, this is the best news ever?  Your two best players just told you that none of them want to play for this team.  Do you know how difficult is has been for this organization for the players here or the ones coming?  It has never happened in Calgary.

Take heart in the fact that Tkachuk is pretty overrated by the looks of this deal.

Huberdeau is better than both JG and Tkachuk. We got the best player.

Just now, conundrumed said:

Take heart in the fact that Tkachuk is pretty overrated by the looks of this deal.

You can't replace 200+ points with JH.  Calgary has cap space now, get a decent RW through trade, and making JH happy on the top line.  

2 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Who did Hubie have in FLA as a C?

Bennett then Giroux?

Now replace Bennett with Lindholm.

Is sky the limit?

Where did I say he would stay here? I only said he has not shown or said anything about wanting to go to Montreal which was your statement. You stated he was gone to Montreal in UFA next year full stop. People are arguing with you because you made an unsubstantiated claim. Maybe Huberdeau will want to go to Montreal, maybe he extends with Calgary, maybe he goes elsewhere. There are many options.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Who did Hubie have in FLA as a C?

Bennett then Giroux?

Now replace Bennett with Lindholm.

Is sky the limit?

Do you know if we scored 100 points less last season, would we able get into playoff?  So how can we be any better?  The math doesn't add up.  

2 minutes ago, crazyflames said:

You can't replace 200+ points with JH.  Calgary has cap space now, get a decent RW through trade, and making JH happy on the top line.  

Okay, so some perspective is required.

By losing Gaudreau, Tkachuk drops about 30 points including about 20 goals.

Tkachuk got 104 points by playing with Gaudreau and Lindholm.

Gaudreau without Tkachuk is between 65 and 85 points.