Playoffs GDT - FLAMES @ Oilers - Sun 22 May 2022

rocketdoctor

I'm out.  As much as I support this team, I'm not finding anything positive to post yet.

Will watch with sound off.

Only thing that could have been worse would be having EDM show up in puke orange.

So much like the Ducks old color.

Give them this game and lets see if they can win 2 more.

Flames only need three wins.

Toughest to get.

Odds are just that.

Mean nothing unless you have money on it.

2 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Hey. Call it what it is. The oilers will and compete is on point. They’re putting in the effort to defeat us. The flames? Well, can anyone say they’re making anything hard on the Oilers? Weak or absent forecheck, weak or absent skating, weak or absent hockey sense, perimeter play with no front of the net presence. Time and space right? Why so much time and space for the Oil? It looks like we expect them to lose the game themselves so we’re not playing it. It is a brutal display. No bones about it. We talk about A game and B game and C game… how many of those lesser games are we allowing to happen in a row? 

Now, 4-0. IMO it’s not a score we can’t make a game out of, however, that would require a collective shift in the way they play the rest of the game. 

i agree! Plus, I think it is a collective shift needed for the rest of the playoffs.

it feels like after the flames went up 3-1 last game they decided to stop playing. 

• Like 1

Ya it’s really hard to be positive. I know they did this against Dallas but Dallas doesn’t have McDavid. McDavid is killing then in this series and they have no answer. 
the flames needed someone to step up in Tanev’s absence and so get no one has. Most are getting exposed. 
i don’t think the flames can play their game against the oilers. With that 3rd forward high the flames forecheck is getting limited and with some poor passing they are giving up way too many odd man rushes. Not just tonight but game 2 as well. 
Markstrom is not playing well. 

im honestly not sure the Flames can reverse this. I really hope I’m wrong but just so so much needs to change for Flames. 

Calgary hasn't played their game yet this series. They have really gotten away from their structure. Really need to bear down.

Part of the problem is that McDavid leaves the zone early everytime and Calgary's defense has to respect that and back off the offensive Blueline early. Calgary has to do a better job of winning puck battles in the offensive zone and make McDavid play defense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Ya it’s really hard to be positive. I know they did this against Dallas but Dallas doesn’t have McDavid. McDavid is killing then in this series and they have no answer. 
the flames needed someone to step up in Tanev’s absence and so get no one has. Most are getting exposed. 
i don’t think the flames can play their game against the oilers. With that 3rd forward high the flames forecheck is getting limited and with some poor passing they are giving up way too many odd man rushes. Not just tonight but game 2 as well. 
Markstrom is not playing well. 

im honestly not sure the Flames can reverse this. I really hope I’m wrong but just so so much needs to change for Flames. 

I disagree with your assessment of Markstrom tonight.  He is playing as good as he can with the amount of allowed break-ins the Oilers have had.  At what point do you start to play the man and not allow 2 on 1’s, or the full boards to the opposite team?

1 minute ago, flames for life said:

I disagree with your assessment of Markstrom tonight.  He is playing as good as he can with the amount of allowed break-ins the Oilers have had.  At what point do you start to play the man and not allow 2 on 1’s, or the full boards to the opposite team?

he was not the problem tonight but I also don’t think he played well. 

but throughout the whole series he hasn’t been good.