Playoffs GDT - FLAMES @ Oilers - Sun 22 May 2022

rocketdoctor

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

are the Flames underestimating them? It seems like they’ve not played with the intensity of game one. 

this one is 

o - v - e - r

No idea. I would be surprised. 

I give the oilers alot of credit. Smart adjustments, they’ve played their game and they’ve played hard. 

It’s going to take quite a turnaround here for the flames to win this series. The oilers look VERY good 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

No idea. I would be surprised. 

I give the oilers alot of credit. Smart adjustments, they’ve played their game and they’ve played hard. 

It’s going to take quite a turnaround here for the flames to win this series. The oilers look VERY good 

I never thought they were the slouch everyone else thought they were. The flames better wake up to make it a series. Try win next one and make it 3 game series. 

Start  chipping away tonight to let them know we aren’t going down without a fight. 

Just now, travel_dude said:

I thought he was really good tonight.

The rest of the team not even close.

I dunno! That first goal this period he may have had your angle as you say, but reality is he didn’t because he over played it and slid himself out of position. He has to make that stop. 

Just now, robrob74 said:

I never thought they were the slouch everyone else thought they were. The flames better wake up to make it a series. Try win next one and make it 3 game series. 

Start  chipping away tonight to let them know we aren’t going down without a fight. 

What LA used we have stopped doing.

Not sure what happened to the game plan.

Out the window after one PP goal.

Just now, robrob74 said:

Ya their 5 on 5 game is much better than people think since Woodcroft took over. I wasn’t a big believer this was going to be a short series. 

Markstrom is going to need to be Markstrom. If he doesn’t start playing better I don’t like their chances. 

1 minute ago, phoenix66 said:

Yup.. start with a Binnington and a 2 hander on Leon's ankle 

I wasn't really implying that.

More like take guys to the boards hard.

Wear them down.

We are playing the 4th line a lot, so use them for the right purpose.

They aren't scoring on Smith tonight.

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Ya their 5 on 5 game is much better than people think since Woodcroft took over. I wasn’t a big believer this was going to be a short series. 

Markstrom is going to need to be Markstrom. If he doesn’t start playing better I don’t like their chances. 

i actually think Markstrom is over compensating for McDavid and not playing his game.

Hey. Call it what it is. The oilers will and compete is on point. They’re putting in the effort to defeat us. The flames? Well, can anyone say they’re making anything hard on the Oilers? Weak or absent forecheck, weak or absent skating, weak or absent hockey sense, perimeter play with no front of the net presence. Time and space right? Why so much time and space for the Oil? It looks like we expect them to lose the game themselves so we’re not playing it. It is a brutal display. No bones about it. We talk about A game and B game and C game… how many of those lesser games are we allowing to happen in a row? 

Now, 4-0. IMO it’s not a score we can’t make a game out of, however, that would require a collective shift in the way they play the rest of the game. 

4 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Definitely not his fault tonight.. but I would give Vladar the 3rd.. save the energy and change the pace 

not trying to pin it all on him, but he needs to make a save in games like these. We need him to possibly steal one and he doesn’t look like a starter against the oilers so far. That second goal he overcompensated on and laid the foundation for the 3 goal 2nd…