2022 playoff clinch tracker

bosn111

4 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Sounds like Saros has a high-ankle strain.

That's not a one week thing.

Come on NAS, put the boots to COL.

Or at least tie them.

One point minimum tonight and possibly 2 tomorrow night.

Can't let them Stars ahead of you to finish.

Ya sounds like out 4 to 6 weeks.

This guy feels the Preds have a black ace to call up though... 

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Ahh the mystery AHL star.

Like Wolf?

Not close is he?

Wolf has a ton of one goal against games.

Better SA% and lower GAA.

Ingram is 25-years-old so more mature than Wolf.  Decent AHL numbers. Could be a wildcard indeed.  Maybe be careful what we wish for and just face Dallas instead.

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Ingram is 25-years-old so more mature than Wolf.  Decent AHL numbers. Could be a wildcard indeed.  Maybe be careful what we wish for and just face Dallas instead.

I don't think it really matters.

They will to with Ingram tomorrow out of need.

Or they just go with Ritter.

They need to keep DAL in range to take WC1.

They don't want to face COL.

A point tonight puts pressure on Dallas.

Both play lesser teams tomorrow but I would say ANA is easier than ARI.

And Dallas is at home.

How sucky is it that a top team in the West plays its final games on the road, in a B2B.

Sutter was BTCing about it among other parts of the poor scheduling.

Well, it's come down to this.

Game 82 for 2 teams.

Dallas needs a win in any manner and a NAS regulation loss to play us.

Dallas is rested, while NAS played to OT last night.

Dallas is at home to ANA.

NAS is on the road against ARI.

This is Getzlaf's final game, should he suit up.

ANA players are vying for jobs next season or re-signiings.

ARI will see a big turnover of players next year.

ARI is set at 2nd last overall, so no impact with tonight's game.

ANA is in 10th and capable of getting to 11th last overall.

No incentive one way or the other.

You can jump 10 spots in the lotto.

10 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Epic collapse for NAS.

Just needed a single point.

That. was. crazy. Flames put me to sleep during the game last night and imagine my surprise when I wake up in the morning and see we’re facing Dallas. 👀 NAS was up 3-0 under 3 minutes into the game with ARI. 

I didn’t care who we faced, but I did ponder if it would be beneficial for NAS to beat up on COL physically in round 1. I guess we’re going to get to see how that scenario plays out! Go flames go! Go preds go! Lol

Well all I C is remanence of the 2019 season where we played great and then end of yr started losing then got into playoffs and decided they wanted to go home for the summer . I love this team but I C the 2019 team all over again losing there way into the playoffs. I hope with the addition of Tof and Colman up front and gus and zag in the back we have enough grit to get us pass the first round. If we don't dominate Dallas then we will not get pass the second round and yes I don't have much faith when we hit the playoffs until we win a couple of rounds I will be worried. And if we don't show any progress this yr then JH will not resign here. Also they should have given Wolf a game what did we have to lose by given him a game I don't get it

3 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

That. was. crazy. Flames put me to sleep during the game last night and imagine my surprise when I wake up in the morning and see we’re facing Dallas. 👀 NAS was up 3-0 under 3 minutes into the game with ARI. 

I didn’t care who we faced, but I did ponder if it would be beneficial for NAS to beat up on COL physically in round 1. I guess we’re going to get to see how that scenario plays out! Go flames go! Go preds go! Lol

I would like to see NAS destroy COL.

Then move on to Minny or STL and do the same thing.

Whoever came out of that round would hve more than bumps and bruises.

Not looking past DAL, but I want to see the Kings in round 2.

Would be appropriate for Sutter to face his former team.

I think we are set up for whoever comes out of the first round, just can't stand EDM.

They seem to think they can get to the SCF.

I think they have written off LA much like they did WPG.

I like the odds against DAL.

They play sloppy a lot more than NAS.

Still have a couple of great scorers, but are not as physical as NAS>

We play bigger against them.

We don't have to take the eye off the ball and just go for hits.

1 hour ago, zima said:

Well all I C is remanence of the 2019 season where we played great and then end of yr started losing then got into playoffs and decided they wanted to go home for the summer . I love this team but I C the 2019 team all over again losing there way into the playoffs. I hope with the addition of Tof and Colman up front and gus and zag in the back we have enough grit to get us pass the first round. If we don't dominate Dallas then we will not get pass the second round and yes I don't have much faith when we hit the playoffs until we win a couple of rounds I will be worried. And if we don't show any progress this yr then JH will not resign here. Also they should have given Wolf a game what did we have to lose by given him a game I don't get it

The Flames are 6-2-2 in the last 10, thats 14 out of a possible 20 points.  Since March 1 theyre 4th in points, 5th in goals for, 3rd in goal diff. This season is nothing like 2019, it almost seems like you're fabricating reasons for you to be disappointed.

37 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

The Flames are 6-2-2 in the last 10, thats 14 out of a possible 20 points.  Since March 1 theyre 4th in points, 5th in goals for, 3rd in goal diff. This season is nothing like 2019, it almost seems like you're fabricating reasons for you to be disappointed.

I liked that they played closer to the team’s identity in the previous two games. The Nashville game was a tough one and they kept in it. But I could understand parts of what zima said x but the record has been great but sometimes the games have been so so. But to win those, is  also good and just hope that they can ramp the intensity up. And I also get, it’s hard to manufacture intensity and interest when clinched and nowhere else to go other than cleaning up the game and keeping guys in game mode. 

the record is great and consistent considering the season, the amounts of 3 in 4 nights etc. 

I'm sorry, but I don't see any similarity betweeen the team in the COVID playoffs and the team we have today.  Nothing.  2/3 of the lineup turned over.  Home winning record.  Road winning record.  Scoring first the most of any NHL team this year.  When we get down, we chip away, not go for all the goals at once.  Finishing off the season with a winning record and not a 4 month break.  Have a D core that has been together the entire season, save for a few games.  Top line in the NHL for GF/GA and scoring as a unit.  

We were less than a 20 seconds in taking a 3-1 lead, even with Tkachuk in the stands.  Backlund caught out there for way too long.  In game six, gave up 7 in a row after leading by 3.  Coach fails to use his time out and waits until it's too late by throwing in Rittich, the guy that hadn't played in 4 months. 

Here's the lineup from the Flames following the double hit concussion on Tkachuk.  Actually, it's how the series ended:

Johnny Gaudreau – Sean Monahan – Tobias Rieder
Andrew Mangiapane – Mikael Backlund – Elias Lindholm
Milan Lucic – Sam Bennett – Dillon Dube
Buddy Robinson – Mark Jankowski – Derek Ryan

Mark Giordano – TJ Brodie
Noah Hanifin – Rasmus Andersson
Derek Forbort – Erik Gustafsson

Cam Talbot
David Rittich

There's no comparison to today's lineup.  I may trash Backlund from time to time, and worry about Lucic's lack of foot speed, but we line up really well against any team out west.  Have a top coach and everyone pulling in the same direction.  We have no soft D.  We can roll 4 lines, so OT not as big a concern.  

2 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I liked that they played closer to the team’s identity in the previous two games. The Nashville game was a tough one and they kept in it. But I could understand parts of what zima said x but the record has been great but sometimes the games have been so so. But to win those, is  also good and just hope that they can ramp the intensity up. And I also get, it’s hard to manufacture intensity and interest when clinched and nowhere else to go other than cleaning up the game and keeping guys in game mode. 

the record is great and consistent considering the season, the amounts of 3 in 4 nights etc. 

They havent had any more so-so games than any other league leading team. Florida, Colorado, Tampa, etc all have had blowout losses and games where they should have won, the Flames are no different. Sure we dont know how any of this is going to play out but what reason is there to write off the team before the first game?

Granted there were people here saying the sky was falling about 6 games into the season so it's probably my fault for being optimistic.

9 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

They havent had any more so-so games than any other league leading team. Florida, Colorado, Tampa, etc all have had blowout losses and games where they should have won, the Flames are no different. Sure we dont know how any of this is going to play out but what reason is there to write off the team before the first game?

Granted there were people here saying the sky was falling about 6 games into the season so it's probably my fault for being optimistic.

i am for sure not writing them off. Not anywhere in my posts have said they are being written off. Just the opposite actually and saying that that was the only blips and that it’s been a tough schedule so most likely expected.

5 hours ago, robrob74 said:

i am for sure not writing them off. Not anywhere in my posts have said they are being written off. Just the opposite actually and saying that that was the only blips and that it’s been a tough schedule so most likely expected.

It wasnt your post I was addressing concerning the negativity. You're usually quite even keeled when it comes to that stuff.

5 hours ago, robrob74 said:

No worries Dude.  We know you are a big fan.  Leave the worries behind and enjoy the ride.  15 other teams have the same issues of needing to fix something.  There are some rookie coaches that have been able to coast in.  Some real injury issues and the games haven't even started.  Not sure who to start in nets.  Not sure of the lineup.  Unproven in big boy hockey.  Getting long in the tooth and no success.  Unexpected and unrespected.  Used to playing a run and gun offence and outscoring the problems.  Expectations of pres cup winner and no success.  Bought the present with the future.  

One thing Sutter has done a very good job with the Flames is managing losing streaks. Flames rarely lost 2 games in a row this season , Sutter really instilled that, knowing losing 2 straight games in the playoffs is pretty much game over. Hopefully that continues with this playoff run. 

Scoring 1st is a massive part of this teams character, big part of momentum control, energy and confidence. That and Flames did a good job of staying in games this year, they rarely got blown out in games. I like our chances in close games! Dallas is going to embrace the underdog role big time so hopefully Flames are prepared.