The Unconditional Positivity Thread

conundrumed

25 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Pelletier is gonna come in and get an assist, playing 8 minutes.

Then, after sitting a game, Ruzicka will come back fully charged.

Will be the guy he was when he played on the top line.

The best 9 minutes of hockey of his career.

JK.

If Huberdeau can get past the idea that Sutter is ruining his career, he will be fine.

At some point the old fart will start seeing what coaching mistakes he is making.

We actually have a really good top 9, save one player.

Let the posties become post and innies.

Healthy scratch Lucic becomes the new saying.

Straddling the line between optimism and delusion I see.

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I have to say, I really, REALLY like that we have Huberdeau to mentor Pelletier into the NHL.

"Johnny a lot" was Jakob's first response when asked which players he's been talking to.

I think this is about as good as it gets to bring him along.

Johnny had Hudler as a mentor early on.

Then good ole Jagr talked to him and told him he could win the scoring title.

Pelletier and Hubey can talk a lot en Francais, if they don't feel comfortable with English.

You can't beat an anti pisssing and moaning thread. 

Did I like Hube's work along the boards in the Jacket's corner?! He is starting to demonstrate his level. This way that way down on his knees instantly back up again all the time in beautiful control. Keen. 

I like that Peltier (sp?) is talking to him alot. Hube is probably dripping with 'teach'. I like Peltier's look. He goes anywhere he needs to. A smallish guy similar to Goody but doesn't appear to be a perimeter guy. That was my biggest disappointment with Goody. Peltier seemed to fit right in to a playoff style game! 

8 minutes ago, bombcomputers said:

You can't beat an anti pisssing and moaning thread. 

Did I like Hube's work along the boards in the Jacket's corner?! He is starting to demonstrate his level. This way that way down on his knees instantly back up again all the time in beautiful control. Keen. 

I like that Peltier (sp?) is talking to him alot. Hube is probably dripping with 'teach'. I like Peltier's look. He goes anywhere he needs to. A smallish guy similar to Goody but doesn't appear to be a perimeter guy. That was my biggest disappointment with Goody. Peltier seemed to fit right in! 

Pelletier's MO has always been "get to the next level" and he does it quickly. Small sample with low minutes, but he looked great last night. Korpisalo out-right robbed him.

9 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Pelletier's MO has always been "get to the next level" and he does it quickly. Small sample with low minutes, but he looked great last night. Korpisalo out-right robbed him.

Hope he plays Thursday? 

Korpisalo robbed a lot of guys last night. 

Where does Pelletier come in on the scales? How tall? 

Looking forward to seeing more of his game. 

I like that number 49 too. Like our old Chev 3/4 T. 

36 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

5'10" 170lbs/5'11 160lbs depending who you ask lol.

I'd say the 1st one.

He doesn't look big, but really is close to Mang/Dube/Coleman in height.

He has wheels, if only we could find that 3rd speedy guy to play C, IDK maybe Ruzicka?

I don't mind Lewie out there with them, but he doesn't have great hands.

And we really need to embrace the Yutes.

A 4th line all speed with Duehr providing the hits, could be a thang of beauty.

1 hour ago, MP5029 said:

You know what would

be epic Justice is if somehow Cgy won the lottery draft this year and drafted Bedard…

Cgy kinda deserves a break especially after the raw deal we got with Gaudreau 

if we don't make it, what is the highest we can jump in the standings. I agree, it is time to get that luck. 

we are on the cusp and just out in points %. Colorado will be tough to usurp but I think Edm is the one to try catch, or LA

2 hours ago, MP5029 said:

You know what would

be epic Justice is if somehow Cgy won the lottery draft this year and drafted Bedard…

Cgy kinda deserves a break especially after the raw deal we got with Gaudreau 

Not exactly positivity.

Detroit's continually burned by the lousy lottery, let them win one.

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

He doesn't look big, but really is close to Mang/Dube/Coleman in height.

He has wheels, if only we could find that 3rd speedy guy to play C, IDK maybe Ruzicka?

I don't mind Lewie out there with them, but he doesn't have great hands.

And we really need to embrace the Yutes.

A 4th line all speed with Duehr providing the hits, could be a thang of beauty.

Sometimes guy's hands and overall skill level changes for the better when they play with skill minded mates, and sometimes the jyst right combination of different style players can be a strong thing. I like the way Sutter tries any combinations that earn the right. 

Fast and hardhitting 4th line sounds great. I wonder what rentals will join before the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Not exactly positivity.

Detroit's continually burned by the lousy lottery, let them win one.

JG wanted to go and put on a show for the market last season. He's happy. Calgary now has all players that have playoff hockey spirits. I'm happy. I don't see any raw deal; that's history. 

Remember if Calgary would not have had so many 1 point ties and 1 point losses they would probably be in 1st place overall. I think it's more important to be well oiled and healthy for the playoffs than touting a presidents trophy. 

They are the leaders in shots on net. We will like to see them going in in the playoffs. 

Calgary is not not a welfare team at this time in history. 

• Like 1

Close. We're 2nd in shots to Florida. Unfortunately, tied for 29th in shot percentage.

The real highlight is the 9 OT losses. Only SJ has more. Turn 4 of those into Ws and we're 2 pts out of first.

And again, there is no 3-3/SO circuses in the playoffs.

But we need to keep this machine rolling.

Reffing has been pretty bad for every team this year, so no excuses there.

We're 23rd in Drawn/Taken penalties this year at -6 overall (6 more taken than drawn). So that is definitely an area for improvement and it isn't the fault of reffing. Keep the sticks down, for one. Those hurt the most. We're 6th in the league on the PK which is great. The bigger issue is how penalties interrupt the flow of the game and utilizing lines.

The PP is 23rd in the league so the eye test is correct. Playoff teams need a reliable PP so that needs work.

But we're coming around. There's always adjustments to make. There are a lot of positives happening.

The amount of complaining is way overboard compared to the reality of the situation.

It's okay to get angry. It just really sucks to stay angry.

Go visit the Wings board. There's a difference between critiquing and axe-grinding.

We're starting to come around with consistent efforts.

Enjoy the ride.

Pelletier was over-shadowed by JG's return, but looks great easing in. Keeping pucks alive, solid passing, jumping back to cover Andersson's pinches/drives. Very smart player, robbed by Korpisalo.

He'll get on the board tonight. 4th line looks great with him.

• Like 1