MILAN LUCIC

rickross

The bear did in fact get poked...   Khaira got in his face a couple of times, most noticeably in the 3rd when he gave Looch a couple of little shoves after the whistle when they were close to the net...   That is when he was challenged, and that is when he should have responded...

• Like 2

I don't expect him to fight all the time... just hit some guys ffs, talk some Satoshi Nakamoto, shove someone, facewash, etc. Cross said "maybe some injuries flared up"... well, why the hell is he in the lineup then & why does it seem like injuries have flared up every time we play the coilers?... Because, he's played the same soft as baby Satoshi Nakamoto game all 4 times against them. Put someone else in that can actually do something to help the team, not just turn the puck over every time they touch it (ie Lucic).  He shouldn't need to be "poked" to be "riled up" for games like this.... what a pathetic excuse. He should be benched, traded or sent to the minors. I'm done supporting his coiler loving Hash Rate

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Yeah in theory, the addition of Lucic made sense. Flames have typically been soft over the last 5 years and were in need of a policeman, who can still play at a reasonable level.

Enter Lucic. 

The thing is when he comes from from your biggest rival it’s a bit of a head scratcher. It’s no surprise he won’t get physically involved with his former buddies 

That didn't stop Mike Smith and Cam Talbot.

Well we know he use to score but can’t now after too much time in Edmonton and getting a huge contract, Thales things happen to lots of guys...we also know he is big and tough which is the main reason he’s here now so...be big and tough and not just for protecting Gaudreau, Tachuck is as much or more important, he needs to be an enforcer for the whole team and let’s be honest we really don’t care if they poke him it’s not like he’s as valuable as the likes of Lindholm, Tachuck, Monahan etc...teams know this about him that he’s not coming off the boards next shift if he cheap shots someone, they instead behave while he’s on the ice...that’s not helping we need teams to behave even when he’s on the beach but I sure as heck wouldn’t especially now after that stand point he made cause I know if I take a shot at someone while he’s on the bench he’s not coming after me...all I need to do is behave while he’s on the ice for what 5-7 mins of a game...that’s easy and then own the rest of the Flames for the rest of the game...that’s one of the reasons we get pushed around 

1 hour ago, Carty said:

The bear did in fact get poked...   Khaira got in his face a couple of times, most noticeably in the 3rd when he gave Looch a couple of little shoves after the whistle when they were close to the net...   That is when he was challenged, and that is when he should have responded...

again , we are assuming it was him who declined to go.. ,most likely other way around .. .likely looking for another facejab to get him suspended again

1 hour ago, CalgarySTL said:

I don't expect him to fight all the time... just hit some guys ffs, talk some Satoshi Nakamoto, shove someone, facewash, etc. Cross said "maybe some injuries flared up"... well, why the hell is he in the lineup then & why does it seem like injuries have flared up every time we play the coilers?... Because, he's played the same soft as baby Satoshi Nakamoto game all 4 times against them. Put someone else in that can actually do something to help the team, not just turn the puck over every time they touch it (ie Lucic).  He shouldn't need to be "poked" to be "riled up" for games like this.... what a pathetic excuse. He should be benched, traded or sent to the minors. I'm done supporting his coiler loving Hash Rate

But Ward has "a long history with this player." So we will see him on the PP and a regular on the 3rd or 2nd lines. Plus his salary means he should get that playing time. How can you justify paying a guy to play 8 minutes?

I don't like it either! I was willing to give him the benefit, but he is trying my patience. I need a guy like him to be up for the big games. If it was me playing my friends, I would do almost anything to not lose to them. I would play rough with them, maybe not fight, but definitely hit them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

But Ward has "a long history with this player." So we will see him on the PP and a regular on the 3rd or 2nd lines. Plus his salary means he should get that playing time. How can you justify paying a guy to play 8 minutes?

I don't like it either! I was willing to give him the benefit, but he is trying my patience. I need a guy like him to be up for the big games. If it was me playing my friends, I would do almost anything to not lose to them. I would play rough with them, maybe not fight, but definitely hit them. 

wonder what the over/under is on a Lucic -Kane fight tonight .. ya gotta think Lucic is gonna be looking for a dance partner to appease the fan base 

18 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

again , we are assuming it was him who declined to go.. ,most likely other way around .. .likely looking for another facejab to get him suspended again

There are ways to rough without taking face jabs. I also think the face jabs weren't really just face jabs, as he actually lunged onto the guy when he got suspended. He jumped at him and punched him a few times. Jabs, I think is a little underselling what he actually did. 

But if the Oiler guy actually face-washed him, then he should be face-washing back and making a bigger deal out of it. There is grabbing the jerseys and rag-dolling that way instead of punching. 

Just now, phoenix66 said:

wonder what the over/under is on a Lucic -Kane fight tonight .. ya gotta think Lucic is gonna be looking for a dance partner to appease the fan base 

I don't need him to fight as much as I want him to hit, make energy happen, change momentum. Fighting might be a bonus. I still say, he was only a minor part of that game which had some of our best players quiet, and our D making errors that let the Oilers walk all over them. So for me, I want him to send a message, but not necessarily a fight.

2 hours ago, phoenix66 said:

Khaira was stirring up Satoshi a number of times with different players...   and he did it right to Looch's face with no retribution...   Not sure if you are familiar with the instance I am referring to, but Khaira was the aggressor with Looch...   If Khaira was wearing a different jersey from any other team that didn't have a Coilers or Bruins crest on the front, we see a different outcome...   and 'that ' is the problem...   Ask any hardcore Oil fan, and they will tell you that he would always turn his attitude down a few notches and play a different style game whenever they played the Bruins...

At this point I see no reason to dress Lucic for games.  He is on pace for 6 goals and is not contributing enough offensively.  He isn't fast enough to be effective on the forecheck.  On many nights he can't give or accept a tape to tape pass properly.  By his own admission he can't goon it up anymore because of the way the game is officiated.  

I don't know the details of his contract, but if he can't be sent down to the minors the Flames need to scratch him.  At this point he isn't helping the team and is below replacement player value.  It sounds crazy, but they may need to scratch him for the remainder of his contract because he isn't going to get better over the next 3-4 years.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stubblejumper1 said:

At this point I see no reason to dress Lucic for games.  He is on pace for 6 goals and is not contributing enough offensively.  He isn't fast enough to be effective on the forecheck.  On many nights he can't give or accept a tape to tape pass properly.  By his own admission he can't goon it up anymore because of the way the game is officiated.  

I don't know the details of his contract, but if he can't be sent down to the minors the Flames need to scratch him.  At this point he isn't helping the team and is below replacement player value.  It sounds crazy, but they may need to scratch him for the remainder of his contract because he isn't going to get better over the next 3-4 years.  

stupid trade. At least the Flames could’ve bought out Neal or put him in a deal with a sweetener. May have taken a prospect or a high pick. Horrible considering the cap ramifications we saw the next year with Tkachuk. I guess the way BT does business is like having a credit card. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stubblejumper1 said:

Can't send him anywhere.

Can;t trade him unless he waives.

The only thing I can suggest is we wait to the buy-out period after next season and buy him out.

I believe that removes him from the protected list.

The cap hit is severe for two year ($3.6m and $4.9m).

Only other way is to ask him to waive his NMC, which means a cap hit of $5.25m for two years.

Any of these choices still screws the Oilers 

21 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Can't send him anywhere.

The only thing I can suggest is we wait to the buy-out period after next season and buy him out.

Only other way is to ask him to waive his NMC, which means a cap hit of $5.25m for two years.

put him on long term disable .. his heart is broken

• Like 1

9 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Can't send him anywhere.

how does it screw the oilers?

i actually don’t know. :)

2 minutes ago, crazyflames said:

Lucic had best game of the year.  He had lot of hits, he almost had a fight, he got a goal.  If Lucic can play like this every game, then he is fearful force out there. 

If he is going to be on the pp he needs to be a net front presence like was tonight.

8 hours ago, robrob74 said:

If we were to buy him out it hits EDM cap hit too 

For those keeping track in the 3rd round pick derby...

Neal is stuck at 19 goals , no goals in 8 games played since he last scored Dec 31.. 2 assists 

Lucic now has 5 goals , only 14 back.. 2 goals 4 points in that same span

So Neal is 2 goals away from triggering the 3rd rounder ..  Lucic is only 4 goals shy of negating it 😎

5 hours ago, phoenix66 said:

If we were to buy him out it hits EDM cap hit too 

For those keeping track in the 3rd round pick derby...

Neal is stuck at 19 goals , no goals in 8 games played since he last scored Dec 31.. 2 assists 

Lucic now has 5 goals , only 14 back.. 2 goals 4 points in that same span

So Neal is 2 goals away from triggering the 3rd rounder ..  Lucic is only 4 goals shy of negating it 😎

They are finally realizing how bad Neal is without the puck.

It doesn;t really matter if Lucic is getting goals, Neal will still end up with 10 more than him and likely over 20 goals.

12 hours ago, robrob74 said:

They retained $750k which they have to pay every year remaining in his contract.

Even if we trade him.

If we buy him out, the penalty is a bit less, but they still have to pay.

Neal will be a cheaper buyout for them, but they might just keep him, thinking that Seattle will take him.

This will likely be his last 20 goal season.

And no, he will not be any help in the playoffs.

On 2/8/2020 at 8:41 AM, robrob74 said:

stupid trade. At least the Flames could’ve bought out Neal or put him in a deal with a sweetener. May have taken a prospect or a high pick. Horrible considering the cap ramifications we saw the next year with Tkachuk. I guess the way BT does business is like having a credit card. 

If it were this easy don't you think Flames would have done it? Are you prepared to lose Dube or a 1st round pick over it?

This talk about Lucic's contract being buyout proof needs to stop as it is not true, Neal's is actually the rougher buyout. Cost you almost 12 million in cash and 6 years of 2million of dead cap hit.

Lucic cost you 3mill in cash to buyout and 3 years of 4.8 mill, 3.5 mill and 4.8 mill of dead cap and then 3 years of only 500k of dead cap. It's a sunk cost but the sunk cost was there with Neal so once you realize that it's the easier deal to actually buyout. 

I don't like giving him as many opportunities as ward does but I have not minded Lucic's game this year at all. Playing his role above avg IMO. The contract will always suck but again this is a sunk cost that the Flames simply were not getting rid of so at least the Flames found a way to get a useful player out of it. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cross16 said:

If it were this easy don't you think Flames would have done it? Are you prepared to lose Dube or a 1st round pick over it?

This talk about Lucic's contract being buyout proof needs to stop as it is not true, Neal's is actually the rougher buyout. Cost you almost 12 million in cash and 6 years of 2million of dead cap hit.

Lucic cost you 3mill in cash to buyout and 3 years of 4.8 mill, 3.5 mill and 4.8 mill of dead cap and then 3 years of only 500k of dead cap. It's a sunk cost but the sunk cost was there with Neal so once you realize that it's the easier deal to actually buyout. 

I don't like giving him as many opportunities as ward does but I have not minded Lucic's game this year at all. Playing his role above avg IMO. The contract will always suck but again this is a sunk cost that the Flames simply were not getting rid of so at least the Flames found a way to get a useful player out of it. 

I haven’t minded his game overall. 

I think if they break away from the loyalty to the player (Wards extended relationship) and the thought of his contract (the actual price tag) and view him as a 1-$1.5m player then he’s doing exactly what we expect. 

if he can get a few more goals on the pp like he scored the other night then I am ok with that. Set it up like the old Holmstrom days and he can tip a few in, good! But that isn’t how they’ve used him. 

id say there has been a lot more games that he’s tried than ones that he has taken days off on. Two against Edmonton and I can’t really remember when else. 

I don’t expect a lot of fights. Maybe just a few timely roughings and a crash and bang.

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

That's alot of complicated math for the average Oilers fan.  Maybe thats why they still think they got the land slide deal.

• Like 1