Western Conference Playoffs

conundrumed

11 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

There’s a lot to unpack and you hope everything is alright with the player.

On the ice though, a huge loss for Colorado 

Not sure what you are referring to?

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Colorado is just so deep I think they are okay here.   They just need to figure out their goaltending.   

But a big hit for any team yes.   

Seems like this is leaked as a pain management story since his foot injury... a big, big problem for the NHL.

19 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Avs are in a world of hurt 

Well I wanted a team I could cheer for and...I got one lol.    

they were better in the 2nd period imho, but Georgiov was not.  Could be a 1:1 game with equal goalies right now.

I'd really like to see what happens if the pull him.  Even for a period.   Have strong feels their backup is actually better.

7 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

I'd really like to see what happens if the pull him.  Even for a period.   Have strong feels their backup is actually better.

I’d rather they stick to Georgiev. Then go into the offseason wanting a #1 G… hehe.

Friedman floating the idea of Pickard tomorrow night.

He doesn’t typically throw stuff out there that doesn’t have a shred of truth behind it. Would be really interesting.

The battle of 3rd strings in game 4?

2 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

"It's just flour, I've been making pirozhki".

Just couldn't wait another month to go full rock star.

Dallas doing it up. Nice to see Dadonov pot one, always liked him as a player. Plays a good honest game.

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Friedman floating the idea of Pickard tomorrow night.

He doesn’t typically throw stuff out there that doesn’t have a shred of truth behind it. Would be really interesting.

The battle of 3rd strings in game 4?

Most likely, but I think Pickard will get "picked" apart

Colorado.... they gotta mix it up I think.   if they were gonna lose, I'm glad it's a blowout because they'll explore more options.

They have a good backup goalie.   Plays great at NHL level, rested....

If they play him next game and he gets the W, things get interesting again.

If not...sure.    they're in the market lol.   But I don't think that's a good thing for us because I don't think they're the kind of organisation that will go for Markstrom.   They will make the younger goalie market tighter, unfortunately....the market that we should be acquiring in as well.

*scratches Nicushkin off fantsy draft list*

Avs looked very tired in this game.  They missed Devon Toews and Droiun did not show up.  Rattanan and McKinnon look like they are playing injured to me.

2 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

*scratches Nicushkin off fantsy draft list*

Avs looked very tired in this game.  They missed Devon Toews and Droiun did not show up.  Rattanan and McKinnon look like they are playing injured to me.

When you’ve got a handful of players who are playing massive minutes and carrying the team, also ie the Oilers, that’s what happens.  

Oilers must win game tonight, if they lose this series is said and done.

Vancouver has their number all year, lets hope it carry's on again one more night.

Mclotto and Drais cant play 30 minutes of playoff hockey every game, Coach Knob will be re-newing his re`sume soon I figure.

52 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Welcome to Edmonton Val.

Isn't that something?

Let me guess the NHL party line...

"We're protecting the privacy of the player"..."the matter is under investigation, so we'll have no comment at this time".

They only care about their reputation. Not the player, they're pissed at him. They'll probably fine Jack Johnson.

If they're not smarter/escaping 1952 mindsets soon, they'll be approaching the hiding behind Jesus crowd.

When the Avs won the Cup in 2022, I think the question was, "how many Cups will this core win"?. Now I think it's slowly shifting to, "will they win another Cup".

The Nichushkin suspension significantly hampers their chances to improve the team this summer. He's on the books.

Rantanen has one more year. An extension is likely in the 11-12 range. More than Nylander I would think

Landeskog will be back. Nice story. Hasn't played in two years though. A 32yr old power forward that hasn't played in two seasons. I don't know that his 7m will necessarily be a value deal. Could be a Nick Backstrom situation. Makes it back from a long recovery, plays some games but ultimately ends up on LTI.

Unsure but the cap will be, but it's very likely that the Avs have 10m or less to fill out their roster. They'd need to sign eight or nine players. This is assuming Landeskog is back.

They paid a premium for Mittelstadt and Walker. Mittelstadt is an RFA, a year from UFA. He is a 5m dollar player minimum in arbitration. He's also played 7 years and only made 7m. I'm not thinking he's going to be giving discounts.

Then there's the goalie. They aren't ever winning a Cup with Georgiev. "Darcy Kuemper won them a Cup" gets thrown around a lot, he was a much better goalie than Georgiev. When Kuemper was with the Avs, he was in the midst of .920 in three of four seasons. He played the playoffs with an eye injury, not ideal for a goalie.

The best part? There's a UFA D on the Avs in three seasons. Unrelated, but the most out-dated arena in the league is being replaced in that time. The team moving into that arena probably has a pretty young team and would want to sign a RHD via UFA to bring some excitement to that new building.

That was a really poor period from the Canucks.

6 mins on the PP. nothing doing.

Garland is the only Canuck with any sort of energy 

At some point you have to be concerned about averaging 5 shots or less a period if you’re the Canucks

Canucks fall asleep after tying it and lose in regulation. Failing to clear the puck in the final minute cost em.

Edmonton was the better team tonight.

Canucks have played ten playoff games now. They’ve struggled to put pucks on net in every game. At some point that’s gotta be a concern. Six or seven shots a period isn’t gonna cut it. Pickard gave Edmonton nhl goaltending tonight, when you’re the Canucks and you get 20 shots or less a game, even a fine performance like Pickard leaves little margin for error.

Case in point, the most they’ve put on net in a playoff game is 29 shots.

They also probably need the guy they paid 11.6x8 to show up at some point. Looks like he studied at the Gaudreau school of playoff performance.

• Like 2